The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham or Bristol University??!!!

Hi,

I am currently deciding which offers to accept. For my firm, I am either going to accept Birmingham or Bristol. Which uni has a better rep (either generally or law specifically)?

I am definitely going to put Liverpool as my insurance, as it is ABB which is really good for a Russel Group uni!

I would like to say, at this point i have only seen Birmingham (which ticks every box for me), and I am going to see Bristol at the end of Feb.

Bristol = City University
Birmingham = Campus University

Bristol is higher ranked in general, probably is better for careers options, but I have no idea how important that is for law specifically.
Reply 2
Original post by Pro Crastination
Bristol = City University
Birmingham = Campus University

Bristol is higher ranked in general, probably is better for careers options, but I have no idea how important that is for law specifically.

Thanks for the reply- i agree about Bristol being high ranked. Many people I have spoken to say that Bristol is far more established and widely recognized than Birmingham.
Reply 3
Original post by ChrisStefani
Hi,

I am currently deciding which offers to accept. For my firm, I am either going to accept Birmingham or Bristol. Which uni has a better rep (either generally or law specifically)?

I am definitely going to put Liverpool as my insurance, as it is ABB which is really good for a Russel Group uni!

I would like to say, at this point i have only seen Birmingham (which ticks every box for me), and I am going to see Bristol at the end of Feb.

would say that Bristol is higer rated, have mates at both unis (one doing law at brum) and they love it. Its down to preference really, i wouldnt say that bristol's reputation isnt a good sole reason for picking it ahead of birmingham, but they both will be fantastic for experience. You wont regret either
Reply 4
Hi,

Bristol's graduates have excellent career prospects! Birmingham is a ver good university as well, but I think Bristol has a better reputation among employers. Both are great academically.
Reply 5
Original post by 2013leaver
would say that Bristol is higer rated, have mates at both unis (one doing law at brum) and they love it. Its down to preference really, i wouldnt say that bristol's reputation isnt a good sole reason for picking it ahead of birmingham, but they both will be fantastic for experience. You wont regret either

Thanks for the reply. They are both great red brick universities! I am 100% sure Brum is suitable for me- everything is great! I think once I see Bristol I will know :smile:
In reality, the minute differences in prestige that sixth formers perceive between Bristol and Brum won't actually have any impact on your employment prospects. They're both excellent universities, and you should choose the one that you prefer - thinking about the modules on offer, opportunities for pro bono work, bursaries, and what just feels right on the open day - there's a lot to be said for going with your gut reaction.
Reply 7
Hi,

In my opinion, both generally and law specifically Bristol is better. University of Bristol is one of the good ruseel group universities with high quality teaching whereas I am not sure about the latter. Bristol isnalways top 10-15 generally and I'd say top 5-6 with law specifically

Latest