Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a conditional offer for Early Years Education! Soooo happy :biggrin:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 21
Does anyone know how many people usually apply each year to the primary course and how many offers they hand out?
Original post by smcc2
I think it went okay! I had a really nice interviewer and the exam wasn't too hard! Hopefully they liked me :smile: I was afraid they wouldn't understand my accent because I'm from Northern Ireland!

Did you get feedback?

yes they send you a letter with the things that you need to improve
Original post by LissyLoouu
Hi Ben,
I'm definitely wanting to put edgehill down as my first choice but I need all my offers back yet!!!

I know! its a pain waiting right?!

You'll get them soon :smile:

As fr everyone asking, the skills tests for EH are pretty basic! Just KS3 Lvl stuff, really easy! So don't worry! And my offer took a week to come back :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Ben-Leighton
I know! its a pain waiting right?!

You'll get them soon :smile:

As fr everyone asking, the skills tests for EH are pretty basic! Just KS3 Lvl stuff, really easy! So don't worry! And my offer took a week to come back :smile:

Fingers crossed, I really just want to apply for accommodation!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BooJo
Hi,

I have just had an offer letter (with conditions) for edge hill primary English!

very excited :-)

what do you want to major and minor in ?
Reply 26
Well done to everyone who has been offered a place! Can anyone tell me about the presentation? Is it done in small groups or to all of the other candidates? I'm nervous! Thanks and good luck everyone.
Reply 27
My presentation and interview was done one to one with the interviewer! Don't be nervous, they are all so nice! Good luck though! x
Reply 28
Original post by BooJo
Hi,

I have just had an offer letter (with conditions) for edge hill primary English!

very excited :-)

When did you have your interview? :smile:
Reply 29
Has anyone else got their interview this Wednesday (5th Feb) I'm so nervous now! D:
what did everyone use to revise for the skills test? ive passed literacy but failed numeracy by 3 marks because I panicked about the time limit. I need to rebook it soon but wanted to know how everyone else passed it
Reply 31
Original post by sarahellene
what did everyone use to revise for the skills test? ive passed literacy but failed numeracy by 3 marks because I panicked about the time limit. I need to rebook it soon but wanted to know how everyone else passed it

I just used the practise resources online (the website you booked it from!)
Original post by smcc2
I just used the practise resources online (the website you booked it from!)

ok thank you :smile:
Reply 33
Hi, i have my interview next Wednesday and i was just wandering if there are any pratice tests we can do for the science maths and english subject knowledge tests?
Reply 34
Hi I have my interview next month for Edge hill. Just wondering could ye inform me about the tests?? Are they difficult?? What kind of book needs to be discussed? Please,any help is appreciated!
Reply 35
I had my interview today and the presentation was basically trainees sat in pairs with two interviewers and you explain about your book and why you picked it etc. Then we had individual interviews that lasted about 10/15 mins. We then went back to do the knowledge tasks that I found quite easy. It was just multiple choice questions in basic Maths, English and Science knowledge and then a written task where you had to answer questions about an article you are given, giving your own opinions on the things written in the article :smile: all in all I didn't think it was too bad
Reply 36
Original post by EmmaC1994
I had my interview today and the presentation was basically trainees sat in pairs with two interviewers and you explain about your book and why you picked it etc. Then we had individual interviews that lasted about 10/15 mins. We then went back to do the knowledge tasks that I found quite easy. It was just multiple choice questions in basic Maths, English and Science knowledge and then a written task where you had to answer questions about an article you are given, giving your own opinions on the things written in the article :smile: all in all I didn't think it was too bad

Hi Emma,

Glad you found it okay! Did you take cue cards for your presentation? Did they say how long you would have to wait to find out?

Good luck! x
Reply 37
]Hi Emma,

Glad you found it okay! Did you take cue cards for your presentation? Did they say how long you would have to wait to find out?

Good luck! x

Hi Emma, Glad it went well for you :smile: How did you prepare for the tests? Did you look at any particular sites/ books? When do you find out??
Reply 38
Original post by Trishg22
]Hi Emma,

Good luck! x

Hi Emma, Glad it went well for you :smile: How did you prepare for the tests? Did you look at any particular sites/ books? When do you find out??

Have a look at the DfE website, there are practice maths and english tests. Also BBC bitesize is good for revision. Good luck.
Reply 39
Just woken up to my offer for primary maths education! soooo unbelievably happy :smile: good luck to everyone who still has their interview!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending