The Student Room Group

Tesco Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got an assessment centre one too, but I'm not an internal applicant. I don't know what's going on...I'll have to email them again as Im confused, maybe they want me to book my place at assessment just in case I pass my telephone interview l, which I still need to book once a slot becomes available.
Reply 21
Hi what sort of things are included in the online tests after you have submitted your application? Is it a maths test? I dont like maths haha :P
Reply 22
I applied for the Marketing Graduate Scheme and had my telephone in interview on 6th January. They said they would let me know either way the outcome of my interview by the following Monday at the latest. I haven't heard from them yet... I've tried emailing about 5 times and haven't had a reply, and I've tried calling their Switchboard but the person they put me through to in Corporate Marketing Graduate Recruitment never picks up. They gave me her personal email and she has also failed to reply..

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice on what to do?
Reply 23
I had an interview on the 21st and got told the next Monday as well, but haven't heard anything either. What did you apply to?
Which schemes have people been applying for and when/where are their assessment centres?
Original post by misscoast2014
Which schemes have people been applying for and when/where are their assessment centres?

Store management scheme
Assessment centre between 3-13th March.

However I'm still waiting for a store visit.. Bit disorganised considering the days I said I was free were 4-6th feb and 12th. They still haven't emailed me back.
Reply 26
My phone interview has finally been completed.
Basic competency questions about your values, leadership skills, problem solving, your motivations, why do you want to work for tesco?
What external factors will impact tesco in the near future?
Competitors activity
What do they do better
Original post by Jane89
My phone interview has finally been completed.
Basic competency questions about your values, leadership skills, problem solving, your motivations, why do you want to work for tesco?
What external factors will impact tesco in the near future?
Competitors activity
What do they do better

How do you think you did? :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by lostinlost2
How do you think you did? :smile:

I've got a mixed feeling. I did really well on the competency based part. However, commercial related questions were too specific and as I was first questioned on that section I've kind of went uuuhhh hmm few times as I was still stressed
Let's see, she told me i can expect a feedback over the phone next week.
Overall, I'm happy with my own performance as it was my first ever phone interview. I think I did well for a first time.
But let's wait and see.
When did you actually hear back from them?
I believe if they don't come back to me soon it would mean im placed on hold
However if I'm successful or fail, then they will soon inform me
Are you still waiting to hear from them for your store visit?
Original post by Jane89
I've got a mixed feeling. I did really well on the competency based part. However, commercial related questions were too specific and as I was first questioned on that section I've kind of went uuuhhh hmm few times as I was still stressed
Let's see, she told me i can expect a feedback over the phone next week.
Overall, I'm happy with my own performance as it was my first ever phone interview. I think I did well for a first time.
But let's wait and see.
When did you actually hear back from them?
I believe if they don't come back to me soon it would mean im placed on hold
However if I'm successful or fail, then they will soon inform me
Are you still waiting to hear from them for your store visit?

Still waiting for store visit. Emailed them again today asking what's up and if they got my 3 store choices as time is getting on :-/

They emailed me back after around 5 days saying I passed the telephone interview.
Assessment centre day booked :eek: very nervous! Sinking in:redface:

It's getting very real. Going to be talking in my sleep about tesco.:biggrin:
Reply 31
Loool
So you don't have to do your store visit then?
Reply 32
I'm happy for u and prepare well!
Original post by Jane89
Loool
So you don't have to do your store visit then?

They got back to me today saying be patient as they try to sort it out.
Original post by Jane89
I'm happy for u and prepare well!

Thank you :smile: got a whole month, and I will get cracking straight away :smile:
Anyone got their assessment centre on the 5th?
Reply 36
I've just found out I have an assessment centre for the finance scheme on the 12th March :eek:. Is anyone here going to this one, or does anyone have any tips? I'm so nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest