The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magakrav
Hi guys, just to share something i noticed from the previous year's thread. Usually when the second program choice is changed to "held pending further preliminary documentation", it means that a decision has been made for your first choice. From the previous applicants and my own personal experience, you should be hearing back within 10 working days. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for nothing, but most of the people who reported this change in status got an offer afterwards. However, it could also mean that the people who got rejected did not share it on the LSE thread as well. Either way, good luck.

My second program choice changed to "held pending further preliminary documentation". Hopefully, I will get an offer within the next 10 working days. Will make an update when I get the decision.
Reply 181
Original post by Fint_Math_DK
My second program choice changed to "held pending further preliminary documentation". Hopefully, I will get an offer within the next 10 working days. Will make an update when I get the decision.

When did you receive your 4th email? I didn't add a 2nd programme so I am not able to get any indication yet. Anyway, it seems like the Math Dept are going through the applications quite fast compared to other departments :smile:
Original post by casusa
When did you receive your 4th email? I didn't add a 2nd programme so I am not able to get any indication yet. Anyway, it seems like the Math Dept are going through the applications quite fast compared to other departments :smile:

I got the 4th email the 21st of January. When did you recieve your 4th email?
Reply 183
I got the 4th email the 21st of January. When did you recieve your 4th email?

I got it the 14th, but my last referee didn't upload his referece before the 21st so my application wasn't sent to the department before the 29th.
Reply 184
Original post by sep327
Hello everyone,

I applied to the International Health Policy (Health Economics) MSc. on Oct. 19th and received a Conditional Offer (3.5 GPA) on December 13th!
I look forward to meeting all of you next October :smile:

I recieved a conditional offer for the International Health Policy (Health Economics) early January as well. My Condition is 100 Points in the TOEFL test, which shouldn't be a problem. Good luck to everybody else !
Reply 185

What was your 2nd choice's status before turning to "held pending..." if I may ask?
And are you applying to two programs within the same department?

I a also saw the "held pending" status for my 2nd choice but I am applying for two different departments and I can't remember if the status was different at some point. I received my 4th email on the 24th of January.

Is there anyone applying to two different departments that could confirm that a change in the 2nd choice status actually means something?

Thanks!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by flo 1984
Received an unconditional offer for the MSc Management Science (Decision Sciences). Anyone else from Management Science here?

It took 6 weeks to hear back from LSE after the 4th email. This includes the Christmas break so probably four actual working weeks.

I applied for management science too, but the operational research scheme. I got my 4th email yesterday. Wow unconditional! Would you mind sharing your profile :smile:
Original post by irekiv
What was your 2nd choice's status before turning to "held pending..." if I may ask?
And are you applying to two programs within the same department?

I a also saw the "held pending" status for my 2nd choice but I am applying for two different departments and I can't remember if the status was different at some point. I received my 4th email on the 24th of January.

Is there anyone applying to two different departments that could confirm that a change in the 2nd choice status actually means something?

Thanks!

I have applied to two programs in the Mathematics department.

To be honest, I can't remember what the 2nd choice said before it turned to "help pending..".
Original post by Kyuss888
Hey,

Would it be possible for some of you offer holders to say what undergrad grade you've got? I see the statistics on the LSE website show acceptance rates from anywhere between 5% to around 30%. However I'm just wondering are all these acceptances from 1.1 students, or would a 2.1 student realistically stand a chance. I received a 2.1 (65% overall), from a terrible UK university, and were I to apply to one of the less competitive courses with a required 2.1 minimum, I wonder whether I would be blown out of the water by the other applicants.

Any info on the typical offer holding student would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I received an offer a few days ago after completing the application in December. I studied at the University of Texas at Austin in the US and my gpa at time of application was around 3.6/4.0 which should translate to 2:1 in the UK system. I had references from professors I have worked closely with, so I assume they had a positive impact. I also had relative internships, though I'm not sure UK universities place great emphasis on work experience.
Reply 189
Original post by new kid
got a conditional offer for msc accounting and finance. a condition of 3.8 gpa.:angry:

What are you studying for your undergrad?
Reply 190
Original post by f1 boss
What are you studying for your undergrad?

bba (finance) and doing my last semester.
Reply 191
Wanted to ask who all got in for MSc Management Science-Operational Research at LSE this year and would be joining? Was curious to know about the kind of crowd joining. Also, wanted to enquire about the scope of this course after graduating from LSE. I am looking for a good job after my postgrad. Need a little advice

Replies would be appreciated
Original post by new kid
bba (finance) and doing my last semester.

Congrats on the offer! Would you mind sharing your rest of the profile such as internships and GMAT? I submitted my application a week before christmas and still haven't received a response..
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 193
Original post by surfmonkey
Congrats on the offer! Would you mind sharing your rest of the profile such as internships and GMAT? I submitted my application a week before christmas and still haven't received a response.. :mad:

I too submitted mine a week before christmas for accounting and finance - would you mind sharing your profile as well please? and did you do a gmat?
Reply 194
Hi everyone,

I am also applying to LSE in A&F and Risk & Finance program. I am currently a final year student at a US university. I have a quick question and would really appreciate if anyone could help me answer it.

I saw on LSE website that if we are current students then we have to submit 2 academic references. So I was wondering if it is OK to submit 1 academic and 1 from my previous employer. I interned at at bank and my supervisor (VP) is willing to help me with that.

Really appreciate any answer for this. Best of luck to you all!
Original post by vtran
Hi everyone,

I am also applying to LSE in A&F and Risk & Finance program. I am currently a final year student at a US university. I have a quick question and would really appreciate if anyone could help me answer it.

I saw on LSE website that if we are current students then we have to submit 2 academic references. So I was wondering if it is OK to submit 1 academic and 1 from my previous employer. I interned at at bank and my supervisor (VP) is willing to help me with that.

Really appreciate any answer for this. Best of luck to you all!

Hey,

I went to Postgrad Open Evening in November and asked the Human Resources Department that question, because I also have work experience and a boss who offered to write me a reference. They said that they really want two academic references and if you absolutely want to add a reference from your employer, then you can add it as one of your supporting documents. I ended up just having two academic references and writing a lot about my work experience in my personal statement (which is one of the most important parts of the application). I got an offer last week, not even 4 weeks after the 4th email. Good luck :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by valerieestelle
Hey,

I went to Postgrad Open Evening in November and asked the Human Resources Department that question, because I also have work experience and a boss who offered to write me a reference. They said that they really want two academic references and if you absolutely want to add a reference from your employer, then you can add it as one of your supporting documents. I ended up just having two academic references and writing a lot about my work experience in my personal statement (which is one of the most important parts of the application). I got an offer last week, not even 4 weeks after the 4th email. Good luck :smile:

Congrats! was this for the accounting and finance msc? would you mind sharing your profile?
Original post by pamsk
Congrats! was this for the accounting and finance msc? would you mind sharing your profile?

Thanks :smile: no it was for MSc Management and Human Resources. I'm in my final year studying BSc Psychology at QMUL. I'm at a 1st, had two internships in HR departments over the past two summers and will be working in an HR department in the coming summer. What about you?
Original post by pamsk
I too submitted mine a week before christmas for accounting and finance - would you mind sharing your profile as well please? and did you do a gmat?

Sure. First in Business & Econ with Finance concentration. TOEFL 118. Internships with Big4 (Audit, TAS), Investment Banking with Top Boutique (think Rothschild, Lazard) and Investment Banking at GS/MS/JPM. Major weakness: Weak GMAT in the mid 600's (didn't have the time to prepare will grinding M&A hours haha). I guess the GMAT is a big "no-no" but I still can't wait for a response (either negative or positive).

What about your profile?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 199
Original post by surfmonkey
Sure. First in Business & Econ with Finance concentration. TOEFL 118. Internships with Big4 (Audit, TAS), Investment Banking with Top Boutique (think Rothschild, Lazard) and Investment Banking at GS/MS/JPM. Major weakness: Weak GMAT in the mid 600's (didn't have the time to prepare will grinding M&A hours haha). I guess the GMAT is a big "no-no" but it would still be nice to get a response after nearly 8 weeks..

What about your profile?

wow that's amazing! did you have full time positions in investment banking or were they internships as well?

my profile: first in econ/finance, 2 finance internships, 1 year long sales/trading internship in london at a BB. uni scholarship, no GMAT tho which is what i'm missing but you think that is very important?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending