Anfield / 8th February 2014 / 12:45 PM
4th Position before gameweek 1st
WWDWWD Form WWWWDW
0 Fixture last season 2

---

Discuss the game here! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's a tough one. Arsenal have been better this season and have a better rounded team imo but if they can't control the 'SAS' it could be carnage.
Reply 2
Add a poll:
Arsenal Win
Liverpool Win
Chelsea and City win i.e a tie
This will be an awesome match, I hope.

#coyg
Come on you Gunners. Trash liverpool by 3 goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Enoxial
Add a poll:
Arsenal Win
Liverpool Win
Chelsea and City win i.e a tie

:awesome:
Reply 6
I reckon Chelsea will win this weekend, don't know if City will win though. Look iffy without Demichelis.
Reply 7
Original post by bammy jastard 27
I reckon Chelsea will win this weekend, don't know if City will win though. Look iffy without Demichelis.

:colone:
Reply 8
Got to be honest and say I am very relaxed about going to Anfield. Tactically Rodger's Liverpool are the kind of team Wenger would like to play every week. Of course the danger is Suarez/Sturridge but our defence completely shut them out in Nov and in particular, I dont think Suarez is suited to playing against Koscielny who is very aggressive and quick. Arsenal will dominate possession, but our lack of width means penetration will have to come from AOC/Gibbs. Looking at the LFC defence though, you'd have to fancy AFC to score a few though. I can see Kolo Toure getting pulled out of position quite easily and allowing us to play our way through. Cazorla is on form atm so think he'll be important too.

Gerrard was terribly poor at the Emirates, was completely static and ineffectual. And that time they had Lucas. Is Joe Allen going to keep it together against Ozil/Cazorla/Rosicky? I very much doubt it. Important for Arteta to have a disciplined game to watch for the counters and Gibbs will need to be a bit careful about Sterling who's having a good end to the season.

I'd go:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Arteta AOC
Rosicky Ozil Cazorla
Groud

Prediction: 1-0 to the Arsenal.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
AOC dm, how is he performing there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sycopation
AOC dm, how is he performing there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's playing as a box to box midfielder really. Was motm and scored 2 vs Palace so not too bad I guess! AOC can play anywhere though, like Rooney
Reply 11
Arsenal's record against us at Anfield over the last seven years worries me. I think it will be a low-scoring affair with both teams' attacked being neutralised, so 1-0 to either side or a 1-1 draw.
I think it'll be a draw. Then again, Arsenal have a way of ending each weekend at the top of the table.
1-0 away win with a penalty save.
Reply 14
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I think it'll be a draw. Then again, Arsenal have a way of ending each weekend at the top of the table.

I agree, one moment it looks like its going to be tie and then Arsenal score :facepalm:
All you need to do is stop Suarez and Sturridge then you're sorted.
Reply 16
Original post by Zürich
:colone:

john_terry113afp_789999c.jpg

Key Stat: Fifty-six per cent of Newcastle's BPL goals have been scored by Yohan Cabaye, now with PSG and Loic Remy, suspended for this weekend.
Reply 17
Can't wait for Arsenal to lose.
We have so many injuries, the lack of squad depth combined with the fact in midfield they're simply better it's an incredibly tough game. The first 30 mins will dictate a lot, if we get at them I can see us scoring. If they manage to retain possession and slow it down then they will probs frustrate us and it wont be a flurry that everyone wants to see.

I doubt it will be similar to Nov tbh. We will have more mobility and Gerrard will be sweeping up deeper. We should deffo put up more of a fight and if we manage to hold the ball I doubt they will shut out SaS like they did before, they now also have a 3rd man to worry about in Sterling. Allen will add mobility and not get skinned the same way Lucas did against them.
Depends what team turn up, if we play with the energy we did against Everton then I will say 3-2. If the West Brom team turns up then I'm going to put my foot straight through my monitor.
We'll **** these ****ers. Suarez and Sturridge will show who runs this league.

Quick Reply

Latest