The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5080
Original post by kguo2
I applied in mid November.. (22nd ish) got the 2 weeks email, and receive the 7 weeks email one week after. Then is the xmas email extending 2 weeks. Last week was the end of the 7 weeks and I receive 2 emails asking for my mother tongue language and AS grades.........

Why did they ask for mother tongue???? a little bit weird...:confused:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5081
Original post by Dezzyyy
Why did they ask for mother tongue???? a little bit weird...:confused:
<br><br>Cuz my passport is american, but i grew up in China.... tho i went to international school for my whole life.... i think its becuz of the english requirement issue... i hope they accept my igcse english result...<br><br>
Reply 5082
Original post by Mantown
Is this on top of the 'strongest in cohort' email? If so, then the amount they expect us to wait is simply excessive!!!

Firstly I got email saying 'strong enough to be considered further' and wait 7 weeks my seven weeks ended last friday and today I received email 'application is among the strongest in this admissions cycle' wait another extra 4 weeks. And its for Geography...
Original post by muzika
Well I just got email saying that I need to wait another 4weeks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of curiosity - where are you from?
Reply 5084
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
Just out of curiosity - where are you from?

Im Lithuanian. But I do my A-levels in England now :smile:
Reply 5085
Any offers?
Damn, rejected for accounting and finance.

LOL f this imma take a gap year and reapplying for chemistry and hopefully get into UCL/Imperial.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5087
Rejected
I'm sorry to hear that guys. Cheer up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh no!!! It's rejection Friday :frown:. Spare me LSE! Sorry to the people that have just been rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5090
Original post by Sun_Bear
Damn, rejected for accounting and finance.

LOL f this imma take a gap year and reapplying for chemistry and hopefully get into UCL/Imperial.

sorry to hear that bro. Accounting is very competitive and a rejection isn't a reflection of your abilities. :smile:
So can I criticise LSE now:colone:?
Reply 5091
Original post by gracelich
Oh no!!! It's rejection Friday :frown:. Spare me LSE! Sorry to the people that have just been rejected

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 more hours and you are saved for today :wink:. Best of luck.
i think i just aged 10 years waiting for lse
Reply 5093
Original post by dutchie1
Rejected

if **** happened, you better flush it man.
LSE is just LSE there are many other things to achieve in life. Did they give you a reason?
Rejected

I'm sorry to hear this, for what course?
Reply 5095
Original post by arminb
if **** happened, you bstrongessh it man.
LSE is just LSE there are many other things to achieve in life. Did they give you a reason?

Hahaha, nice one. Waited 8 weeks though after strongest in cycle mail. Personal statement was the reason. Wrote for ppe and explicitly stated i wanted to do ppe. So can imagine thats the reason
guess i am kinda screwed although I didn't get a decision yet.

I'm reapplying whilst at my 1st year in university (already got my A-level grades)

Today got an e-mail from LSE asking for predicted grade for my first year university exams..

I contacted my tutors, many said it is against university policy to do so, so they cant really help me.

I know nobody can really help me at this point, just writing to make myself feel better.
Reply 5097
Hahaha, nice one. Waited 8 weeks though after strongest in cycle mail. Personal statement was the reason. Wrote for ppe and explicitly stated i wanted to do ppe. So can imagine thats the reason

probably it was just a 'hey s/he was rejected from Oxford but also from LSE' issue.:colondollar:
Best of luck with whatever you are planning to do next.
Rejected for IR after exactly 11 weeks. The personal statement good but others better email. Mature, international applicant with international qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5099
Rejected for law. I applied in mid October and It took them nearly 4 months and all possible emails (2week, 5week, 4week strongest, etc) to let me know that: your subject combination, whilst good, is not as good as the combinations offered by other similar applicants for your programme. If it is so (by any means I don't deny it), wasn't that clear back in October?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending