The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Veterinary nursing interview at Middlesex Uni!

Hi,

I've been invited to a veterinary nursing interview this friday and am very scared! As its my first choice and my first uni interview.

I have had a look at the timetable for the day and it says we will be taking part in a 'short written task', 'a group discussion' and it also says 'one to one interviews and feedback (if requested by the applicant or interviewer)'. And its this part that worries me the most.. does it mean by that, that everybody has a one to one interview or you have to request one?

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what happens on the interview, maybe if you've recently had an interview at middlesex? Just to calm me down!

Thank you!
Abi x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi,

Pretty much what happens is they take you on a short tour of the campus and give you a little introduction to the course content (all this happens with you parents of whoever you took). Those who are with you are taken out and you have to write a short essay and have very easy questions asked.

They asked me questions like whats your favourate animal and why. Then why I chose the subject or questions about any work experience you have already done.

hope this helps.. good luck! :smile:
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 2
Thank you for getting back!

Did you have a one on one interview? Or was it all group based?
Reply 3
welcome,

its a group interview. but when you're walking around the person tries to talk to you as a individual so stay alert!
Reply 4
Okay! Thank you!
what are the entry requirements is there a math and english test before you get an interview ?
Reply 6
Original post by jadeodonnell
what are the entry requirements is there a math and english test before you get an interview ?

There's no tests before your interview, and the entry requirements are on the website or ucas (sorry I can't remember them)
Reply 7
Has anyone had any offers from Middlesex for the Vet nursing yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have
Reply 9
Ah great well done! When did you get one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I had one last November? And got my offer December. It's my firm choice with rvc as back up ( purely because of extra distance to travel :frown:
Hi! I'm also going to Middlesex to study Vet Nursing this coming September :smile: Please join the fb group below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/669589819770459/

There's already a few of us on it and it'll be good to get to know one another before we start x
Reply 12
Hi, i have a interview coming up in a couple weeks for the veterinary nursing at middlesex university and was just wondering what the short written task is??
Thanks x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nik1607
Hi, i have a interview coming up in a couple weeks for the veterinary nursing at middlesex university and was just wondering what the short written task is??
Thanks x

Hi! I've also applied for Middlesex this year and haven't heard anything from them.. was just wondering when you heard from them and when you have your interview?x
I have an interview tomorrow (Monday 16th) for vet nursing. I am also panicking alot over this hand written task :/

Really not looking forward to it :frown:

Natasha x
Reply 15
Original post by johanna04
Hi! I've also applied for Middlesex this year and haven't heard anything from them.. was just wondering when you heard from them and when you have your interview?x

Hi, i applied for middlesex early december and they got back to me at the start of january, they allowed me to pick what date i wanted my interview and i had my interview on the 17th february.
I have also applied to Middlesex University to study Veterinary Nursing :smile:

However, I live in Spain, so I was offered a telephone interview as travelling back to the UK would be difficult with school etc...

They have asked me to discuss two issues which are:

1. The incidence of dog attacks on people is on the increase. Discuss this issue to include your views upon it.
2. ‘One of the best ways to support animal welfare is to become a vegetarian.’ Discuss this issue to include your views upon it.

I am really looking forward to sending them off so I can book a telephone interview!

Good luck everybody!
:biggrin:
Original post by abimoorcroft
Hi,

I've been invited to a veterinary nursing interview this friday and am very scared! As its my first choice and my first uni interview.

I have had a look at the timetable for the day and it says we will be taking part in a 'short written task', 'a group discussion' and it also says 'one to one interviews and feedback (if requested by the applicant or interviewer)'. And its this part that worries me the most.. does it mean by that, that everybody has a one to one interview or you have to request one?

Just wondering if anyone can enlighten me on what happens on the interview, maybe if you've recently had an interview at middlesex? Just to calm me down!

Thank you!
Abi x

Did you get in???:smile:
i know this sounds weird but at middlesex because im thinking of applying in sept 2015 is the veterinary nursing course at middlesex uni or a college away from it because ive read about the college of animal welfare and im just really confused because i want to go to an open day but do i go to one at CAW or middlesex and also accomodation where do i stay if i ever got in im just confused can someone clear this up
Original post by Chloephilips98
i know this sounds weird but at middlesex because im thinking of applying in sept 2015 is the veterinary nursing course at middlesex uni or a college away from it because ive read about the college of animal welfare and im just really confused because i want to go to an open day but do i go to one at CAW or middlesex and also accomodation where do i stay if i ever got in im just confused can someone clear this up

Hey Chloe! I recently had an interview with Middlesex university for the veterinary nursing course. I also had an interview with the CAW in Huntingdon in Cambridge. If I get into university then I shall most likely go and study veterinary nursing at Middlesex university. However, if I don't get in then I shall go and study veterinary nursing at the CAW Huntingdon Campus. If you want to go to Middlesex, then in the first year you get to stay in the Halls of Residence. Hope this helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending