The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crazy_chick1
I knew it. I don't feel as gutted as before because after Tuesday I knew what the outcome would be. I only applied to city!!! Good luck with Essex. I guess their closing date has gone.

I only applied to City too, well let's just keep trying hey?!
Reply 461
Original post by Holpol87
Yes Essex interview right in to the spring/summer terms for some reason. I think they interview about 120 people altogether (split across the months) but I could be wrong. I think that there will be a literacy and a numeracy test, then a group interview with students currently on the course. They want to assess how you work in a group situation - how confident you are etc. There is also a 20 minute interview with panel members- I think that they have SLT lecturers and clinicians on the panel, among other people. I hope that helps you prepare! I think it is a full day interview. They are looking for serious commitment to SLT, I believe. We all have plenty of that - its just putting it into words when loads of people are assessing your every move! lol. Good luck - at least theres lots of time to prepare. Have you applied anywhere else?

Hi Holpol87,

Thanks for your advice, it's made me feel a bit more comfortable. Yes lots of time to prepare.

I applied to Reading but received a rejection, how about yourself?
Reply 462
I received a rejection from City yesterday which sucks - was the only uni I applied for. I cant say I was surprised though, I really was lacking experience. I'm going to try and get a position as a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant this year instead. Those who have/are a Speech and Language Assistant - What qualifications/experience did they ask for when applying for this position? Any advice you can give me for applying for this position or for applying for working in Special needs settings would be great!

Well done to all those that have been offered a place this year, I wish you all the best of luck! Those that haven't been offered a place, it sucks, but we will get there one day!
(edited 10 years ago)
Aww well done on Newcastle, that's fab news!! Just rang up and apparently they are hoping to send out the responses in the next week, have you heard yet? X
Reply 464
Original post by BeccaKosinski
Just rang up and apparently they are hoping to send out the responses in the next week, have you heard yet? X

Is that for Sheffield?
Reply 465
Original post by faria_i
Thank you! Have you been offered a place at City too? The facebook link is somewhere on this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...20postgraduate

thanks so much, I've just joined the fb group! yes i got a city offer, very exciting! are you accepting city?
Reply 466
also has anyone else heard from reading?
Reply 467
Original post by dee.s
thanks so much, I've just joined the fb group! yes i got a city offer, very exciting! are you accepting city?

Congrats! Yes, I've already accepted City :smile: What about you? Are you waiting to hear back from other unis before you make your decision?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 468
Original post by Devon_B
Hi Mark, I'm sure you were at my interview day! I got an offer for Newcastle too. Really looking forward to September. Devon x

Hi Devon. Yeah! You totally deserved to get in! I knew you would.
Reply 469
There's a group on Facebook for msc language pathology students starting September at Newcastle. Be good to see who's on the course.
Reply 470
Hi,

I'm going to be applying for the SLT post grad course at city university starting september 2015. I am currently working as a teaching assistant an the NHS speech and language therapy centre at my local primary school working within the nursery. I also have experience working as a learning support assistant and support worker amongst many other things, and hold a degree in sociology and media studies. I wanted to know whether this would be enough experience to be able to apply for city university?

Thanks.
Original post by Laice
Is that for Sheffield?

Yeah :smile:
Reply 472
How did you get on with your applications?

Original post by newtonoakley
Hello! Welcome to the thread.

I'm applying to City and UCL, with UCL as my favourite.
Gosh, I can imagine - but I'm sure they're proud to have a mum who has ambition!
It is stressful, at first I felt quite optimistic about the whole process but now I've started collating all my work experience history and things I'm comparing myself to others and wondering if there's a chance in heck of me actually gaining a place!

You're working as an SLT assistant, that's fantastic you're already working within the sector. I'm hoping to get some work experience with adults as mine is most,y early years and school based! :/
Anyone heard from Sheffield yet? It's driving me mad :frown:
Reply 474
Heard back from Sheffield just now check your emails! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 475
Hey everyone! I'm a Canadian student interested in postgrad speech therapy program at both Reading and Sheffield. I've never been to either university and I dont really know anyone in their current programs.. I was wondering if anyone would give me some insight about their program? course load? placements? pros and cons of speech therapy program at the school? What are the differences btw both programs? I would love to hear some insight from students who've heard about their program. Thanks! :smile:
Reply 476
Has anyone else got on the waiting list for Sheffield? Or if you've been given a place how long have you got to accept? Just want a idea of when they'll be offering places to people on the list?
Reply 477
Does anyone know how many people are on Newcastle's high reserve list for this year? I was given a high reserve but I'm too chicken to email and ask for an exact position!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 478
Original post by Laura2890
Has anyone else got on the waiting list for Sheffield? Or if you've been given a place how long have you got to accept? Just want a idea of when they'll be offering places to people on the list?

Last year candidates were given four weeks to respond. My friend on the reserve list was offered a place around mid-March. Maybe it's the same this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 479
Hi,
Congratulations to everyone who got onto the postgraduate SLT courses and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear. I applied to City but sadly got rejected :frown: My undergrad is in English Literature and I was wondering if anyone who got onto any courses this year also had an irrelevant undergrad? Just trying to work out if I have any chance of getting onto a course next year xx

Latest