The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by Baa
Anybody heard back today after interview?? Just received an offer... But it's deferred...
Really annoyed about that :/
Hope I ace my imperial interview now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile: they said at the admissions talk before my interview that if you email/write/ring to explain why you'd like to go this year & show you're mature enough etc. then they might change your offer.. I think I read of someone on here who managed to change their deferred offer last year- worth a try anyway :smile:
Reply 841
Original post by mli26
When was your interview?

28th jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 842
Original post by Ke299
Congratulations :smile: they said at the admissions talk before my interview that if you email/write/ring to explain why you'd like to go this year & show you're mature enough etc. then they might change your offer.. I think I read of someone on here who managed to change their deferred offer last year- worth a try anyway :smile:

Ahh right okay thanks
I'm going to email them and ask them if there was anything specific about the reasoning... So let's see what happens
That's though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ke299
Yay :smile: have you looked into accommodation at all? I've read a few horror stories about ucl accommodation and I'm kind of concerned haha

Not yet haha I'm an international applicant so I think it'll take a while before they send me the booklets/package :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the interview stage, do they still look holistically at the application afterwards, or is the interview the final and only factor at that stage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 845
Someone said earlier that once you get an interview it's the final and only factor, as you wrote :biggrin: Which is why I'm totally dreading my interview on Wednesday. Anyone else got an interview on that day?
Yeah! Me too, interview on Wednesday... Are you in the afternoon?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 847
Yes, my interview is scheduled to take place soon after the talk by admissions tutor but I hope I'll have some time to brush up on my BMAT essay before that. I hope I won't freak out or forget English in the actual interview :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Are they still giving out interviews?
UCAS is becoming agonising, not one interview anywhere and three rejections. UCL is my last hope. If getting an interview at this stage is unlikely I might start my travelling early. I'm on a gap year by the way.

Congrats on everyone who is getting there though! I envy all of you xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 849
Original post by dingdongmonk1234
Not yet haha I'm an international applicant so I think it'll take a while before they send me the booklets/package :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I haven't got any information about accommodation either! I'm hoping we'll get something soon.. maybe we have to firm ucl first
Reply 850
Please UCL, please give me an interview :'(
Sent ucl 3 emails with my work ex dates, 2 of which had wrong dates!! FML. The third was correct! Thank god! Hope they don't mind !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think it gives any significant advantage to attach work experience references to your application?
Original post by ededed123
Do you think it gives any significant advantage to attach work experience references to your application?

Ucl ask a sample of applicants to send them, guess I'm in that "sample"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
Ucl ask a sample of applicants to send them, guess I'm in that "sample"

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean when you've been offered an interview, they ask you if you want you can send optional references? Is it actually worth it?
Reply 855
Had an interview this Tuesday and got an offer through email (and UCAS) already now!
Reply 856
is it too late to be invited for an interview?
Original post by sophiemed
Had an interview this Tuesday and got an offer through email (and UCAS) already now!

Congrats. You must be thrilled! And relieved, I presume.

How was your interview? Mine's on 25th. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chi80
is it too late to be invited for an interview?

No, got an email today. Interview on 25th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 859
Got my offer today at 2pm, after 9 days of waiting. I'm over the moon! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending