The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Did the sadists send ANOTHER UCAS newsletter to anyone or just me?

D*ckfaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by bshrestha
Sorry to hear this... I applied for the same course and wrote a PPE statement too. My rejection will also probably be coming some time soon. When did you receive the email? and did you receive the strongest email?

I'd really appreciate it if you could copy and paste their email please.
Reply 5142
Question from the international applicant. Do they count your native language taken during the final exams (I mean not only A Levels or IB but also any other European qualifications) or not? In my case it will boost up my average score if not, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thus asking about it :smile:
Original post by eloo
Question from the international applicant. Do they count your native language taken during the final exams (I mean not only A Levels or IB but also any other European qualifications) or not? In my case it will boost up my average score if not, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and thus asking about it :smile:

An A level (or equivalent) in your first/native language may not be counted.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howtoapply/lseentryrequirements.aspx
Reply 5144
4 months after the 5 week email.... will they ever reply? lol
Guys I'm sorry for those of you who got a rejection. Try and think that the tutors haven't rejected YOU, but only the idea of you they could get from a handle of conventional and limited criteria. You are definitely much more than that,

Apart from this, I just wanted to say something about the long wait most of have experienced / are experiencing.

LSE keeps me waiting. Moreover, being Italian and having studied in Italy, I was asked to sit the Undergraduate Admissions Assessment, which seems, as far as I can infer from their webiste, a test for those who studied "not rigorous qualifications".

Dear LSE, I got offers from Nottingham, UCL, KCL and Oxford. The first three didn't state any deadline, so I can't blame them (and they were pretty fast, too). But you told me to wait 5 weeks, and 7 weeks passed. You told me my application was "one of the strongest in the admission cycle", and then after 30 minutes wrote to me to say you had made a mistake, and still needed time to assess my application. I then had to wait until last week to being invited to this bloody test.

I'm going to choose Oxford, but I would have liked to think a little bit about LSE too. Too bad.
Original post by arminb
sorry to hear that bro. Accounting is very competitive and a rejection isn't a reflection of your abilities. :smile:
So can I criticise LSE now:colone:?

It's quite weird, i received the email 15 mins before an econ mock and so now i feel like i don't really care that much??? If anything it has made me want to strive harder in order to achieve better. Anyway, this thread has taken its toll on my school work and countless hours just pressing refresh for new posts; it is finally time for me to unwatch this thread and i wish you guys the best of luck in the future.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5147

I have read that :smile:, but thank you. What I meant was to ask if there is actually any person who got an offer which excluded the native language.
Original post by Caesar95
Guys I'm sorry for those of you who got a rejection. Try and think that the tutors haven't rejected YOU, but only the idea of you they could get from a handle of conventional and limited criteria. You are definitely much more than that,

Apart from this, I just wanted to say something about the long wait most of have experienced / are experiencing.

LSE keeps me waiting. Moreover, being Italian and having studied in Italy, I was asked to sit the Undergraduate Admissions Assessment, which seems, as far as I can infer from their webiste, a test for those who studied "not rigorous qualifications".

Dear LSE, I got offers from Nottingham, UCL, KCL and Oxford. The first three didn't state any deadline, so I can't blame them (and they were pretty fast, too). But you told me to wait 5 weeks, and 7 weeks passed. You told me my application was "one of the strongest in the admission cycle", and then after 30 minutes wrote to me to say you had made a mistake, and still needed time to assess my application. I then had to wait until last week to being invited to this bloody test.

I'm going to choose Oxford, but I would have liked to think a little bit about LSE too. Too bad.

Yh I don't think they can read this or care...
Reply 5149
Original post by reapplicant
I sent my application on the 15th of January and I am applying for Pure Economics.
So what did you do on getting that e-mail?
I just replied that it is university policy not to give predicted grades, is there anything I could do instead, etc..

Good luck to your application as well! Hope there is some way we could make up for it.

I haven't received the email you were talking about and I have also applied the same course as you. My application sent off on the 10th December. I have also applied all courses offered by the economics department.
Original post by ilovefoodandmore
Yh I don't think they can read this or care...

I actually sent them an email with pretty much the same content, stating the offers I have and that I would like to have their decision as soon as possible so I could consider their offer along with the others, or simply picking one of my other offers.

Well, good luck to all of you :smile:
Reply 5151
Original post by #Unknown
I'm maths with economics :P

Me too!! Have you heard anything from LSE
I had to send LSE a "fee classification questionnaire", after acknowledging that they recieved a filled out form from me, they haven't gotten back. Has anyone had to send the same thing and what's the process like after you send them the completed form? Do they get back to you to tell you your fee status first or do they tell you if they make you an offer?
Commiserations to everyone who was rejected today. Good luck with your other offers and don't let a University rejection define who you are. As many people got rejected for not meeting the personal statement criteria, I wonder if people used the information that LSE gave on their website regarding personal statements. As they get many applicants for only a few places, it makes sense that they would differentiate applicants on the basis of their personal statements, accepting those matching the LSE course the most.
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/makingAnApplication/personalStatement/generalInformation.aspx
Original post by gracelich
I know! I'm totally stunned I have an offer, as places are very limited for History with a year abroad. They take in around 20-25 people or less per year (or so I've been told by other users).
Even more so as I resat Year 12...! Haha, I wil choose LSE if I get an offer, just because its higher up in the league tables, better graduate prospects etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already got my decision but I'm hanging around because I'm wondering when you'll get yours :tongue:
Original post by epicfail13
I already got my decision but I'm hanging around because I'm wondering when you'll get yours :tongue:

Haha, there are quite a few people wanting to know what happens with my decision! A few people have said the same thing. Don't worry, you guys will the first to find out my decison. Hopefully, it will help other History applicants on here too. Need to move myself over to UCL offer holder thread now! 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Theacademic
I had to send LSE a "fee classification questionnaire", after acknowledging that they recieved a filled out form from me, they haven't gotten back. Has anyone had to send the same thing and what's the process like after you send them the completed form? Do they get back to you to tell you your fee status first or do they tell you if they make you an offer?

I got this a few months ago because i am british but live abroad. After I sent them the filled in form they asked for a hard copy of my passport photopage so I fedexed it to them (didn't want to wait any longer than I had to!) They told me I had home status mid november and then got an offer a month later (for law). Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paperclip345
I got this a few months ago because i am british but live abroad. After I sent them the filled in form they asked for a hard copy of my passport photopage so I fedexed it to them (didn't want to wait any longer than I had to!) They told me I had home status mid november and then got an offer a month later (for law). Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your offer! I'm also a British applicant studying overseas and I also fedexed hard copies of certain documents hahahah. Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to tell you that you had home status? They confirmed that they had received my documents on the 17th Jan btw :smile: helped a lot, thanks!
Reply 5158
Hey guys, I received the mail
Reply 5159
Hey, I received this "Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application.

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application." Four weeks ago... Have they forgotten me? Is anyone in the same situation? Aaaaah I am so desperate...

Quick Reply

Latest