The Student Room Group

Is East London really THAT dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I lived in South Woodford for the first 12 years of my life, had a major player drug dealer live 2 doors down from us, the house next to us was burgled about 5 times while I lived there (end of a terrace) and I got beaten and mugged near my local shop. But even after all that, it still has a special place in my heart!

Depends where you live now, I live in Cornwall now and as you can imagine, it's ALOT different.
LOL! of course not
Has any body been in the prince
Of wales pub in walthamstow, St. Andrews road?

100% the hardest pub in London not just east London, this pub house the hardest clientele, if you walk in there as an unknown you are soon leaving because of the atmosphere bullet holes in the doors and walls are ignored, very scary place ... Go on YouTube and search Britains hardest pubs, it's on there
Reply 83
Original post by Bill_Richards
Has any body been in the prince
Of wales pub in walthamstow, St. Andrews road?

100% the hardest pub in London not just east London, this pub house the hardest clientele, if you walk in there as an unknown you are soon leaving because of the atmosphere bullet holes in the doors and walls are ignored, very scary place ... Go on YouTube and search Britains hardest pubs, it's on there

Is that the one off Higham Hill road between the block of flats and the disused factories at the bottom of the road?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by chapling
I've heard that East London is a really dangerous place to live, so is it really that bad?

It really depends on where in East London tbh. Some places you definitely shouldn't be alone during the night, but others are really quite nice and very diverse, part of the reason why I loved growing up here :smile:
Yes, areas like Tower hamlets, Barking, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge can be really dangerous
I live in South Woodford and its a **** hole
Original post by epoddoulc
Yes, areas like Tower hamlets, Barking, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge can be really dangerous

Where in Tower Hamlets? is the Isle of dogs dangerous?
Reply 88
If you go to a place that's being gentrified by hipsters, you'll do fine.
Hackney is just a mess. Idk about east London though
Original post by Locke54
I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.

If you were stabbed twice why aren't you dead. When you get shanked its not like the first thing you do is tell people how bad east london is
If you divide London in macro areas, you will find that the East has a poor safety score compared to other areas. Based on numbers
People who were born there and lived there all of their lives are typically clouded in their judgment, since they will tend to have an emotional bond with the area and will have less ability to compare it with others
what about homerton
I asked my friend and she said Ilford is one of the worse parts, and Hainault and Barkingside are better.

what about homerton
Original post by omadeli
Depends on the area; most places are bad if you don't know how to handle yourself or bring too much attention to yourself... mind your own business and most of the time you'll be alright :wink: keep surviving (Y)

If I go to South Woodford to meet a friend, odds to have a bad day are high I guess ?

I'm a long haired biker so not really to locals' liking :smile:)

So probably more like 'no-go' zone for someone like me
Yes all newham east london dangerous , knife attacks rob abuse , also rape became popular police lost east london and do nothing ,most gangs everywhere in east london at night
Reply 97
I've heard that East London is a really dangerous place to live, so is it really that bad?

Lol I live in East London. Its calm. Depends on the area I guess. Forestgate is where loads of crimes take place. But overall its calm lol
Reply 98
Original post by username196545
:rofl:
It's basically a combo of:

and

LOLLLLL
Reply 99
Original post by Shafqat Khan
If you were stabbed twice why aren't you dead. When you get shanked its not like the first thing you do is tell people how bad east london is

True say

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending