The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yiouhis
Hey, I received this "Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application.

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application." Four weeks ago... Have they forgotten me? Is anyone in the same situation? Aaaaah I am so desperate...

I was due my final decision three weeks ago. A lot of people haven't heard back on the day LSE said they would get back ti them on. Its quite common so don't worry :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5161
Maybe a late reaction cuz i was drinking away the pain of failure. (Just kidding, had an excellent party) I was rejected for phil and econ because i wrote explicitly about ppe. Still cant believe it. Got grades among the best 1% of students in my country, played waterpolo in the national team, have a genuine interest in both phil and econ, debating team, read many books on the subjects... But apparently lse couldnt get over the fact oxford was my first choice. Probably sounding too damn arrogant but i feel just so let down. Anyway, lets quote tupac on this thang: cuz life goes on. Peace to ma brothers in the struggle. Swag out.
Original post by Theacademic
I had to send LSE a "fee classification questionnaire", after acknowledging that they recieved a filled out form from me, they haven't gotten back. Has anyone had to send the same thing and what's the process like after you send them the completed form? Do they get back to you to tell you your fee status first or do they tell you if they make you an offer?

Hi :smile: I'm British living (and studying) abroad as well. I've had to fill in two fee status questionnaires for two other universities but haven't had any request from LSE yet. At what stage did they ask you to fill in this questionnaire? :smile: Just wondering because I got the 7 week (+2 week) strong enough email 7 weeks ago (so 2 weeks left until I hear something back...hopefully :P). Good luck on your application!
Reply 5163
Original post by trikszi
rejected for IR. gutted :frown:

if you don't mind me asking when did u apply ? and wat were your gcse and AS grades ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazycodmonkey
Hi :smile: I'm British living (and studying) abroad as well. I've had to fill in two fee status questionnaires for two other universities but haven't had any request from LSE yet. At what stage did they ask you to fill in this questionnaire? :smile: Just wondering because I got the 7 week (+2 week) strong enough email 7 weeks ago (so 2 weeks left until I hear something back...hopefully :P). Good luck on your application!

Hey :smile: I got the questionnaire about 3-4 weeks after the deadline for my 5 week stage ended (I think the 7 week has replaced the 5 week emails since I applied quite early). Just letting you know that I got the fee questionnaire just a week before they closed in December so I never got the 2 week Christmas email (not 100 per cent sure if that's the reason why though! :s-smilie:). Good luck with yours too!
I wonder if the LSE admissions department go onto this thread and just laugh at us.
Reply 5166
I wonder if the LSE admissions department go onto this thread and just laugh at us.

Probably, they do...and then think: Great!Let them wait longer!!!

LOL, my deadline ended two weeks ago and nothing at all after that.
Applied on 11th Oct. for straight Eco. Now, I am just glad that I haven't been rejected yet.
Reply 5167
Original post by di_1996

Applied on 11th Oct. for straight Eco. Now, I am just glad that I haven't been rejected yet.

XOXO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by di_1996

Applied on the 11th October too!
Reply 5169
Original post by simsim96
if you don't mind me asking when did u apply ? and wat were your gcse and AS grades ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i applied 14 October. i'm from Hungary so I have no GCSE or AS grades sorry
Congrats on your offer! I'm also a British applicant studying overseas and I also fedexed hard copies of certain documents hahahah. Out of curiosity, how long did it take for them to tell you that you had home status? They confirmed that they had received my documents on the 17th Jan btw :smile: helped a lot, thanks!

After trawling through my inbox this is the timeline of my application:
UCAS submitted - 9th October
Acknowledgement - 14th October
5 week email - 17th October
Fee status questionnaire - 11th November
Told me I had home status - 22nd November
Offer - 5th December (email from track first then 2 emails from LSE 10 minutes later_

Out of curiosity Theacademic, are you a Brit living abroad?

Hope that helps anyone waiting for replies, I know how horrible it is!
Original post by paperclip345
After trawling through my inbox this is the timeline of my application:
UCAS submitted - 9th October
Acknowledgement - 14th October
5 week email - 17th October
Fee status questionnaire - 11th November
Told me I had home status - 22nd November
Offer - 5th December (email from track first then 2 emails from LSE 10 minutes later_

Out of curiosity Theacademic, are you a Brit living abroad?

Hope that helps anyone waiting for replies, I know how horrible it is!

Thanks sooooo much! Yep, I am :smile:
Is it me or does the IR department seem to be using an elimination process? They've only accepted like 2 people but they've been gradually rejecting since November/December... Maybe its wrong and I've just convinced myself that so I feel better about not hearing anything for 3 and a half months, god knows
Reply 5173
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
Is it me or does the IR department seem to be using an elimination process? They've only accepted like 2 people but they've been gradually rejecting since November/December... Maybe its wrong and I've just convinced myself that so I feel better about not hearing anything for 3 and a half months, god knows

IR is the most competitive course at LSE, even more competitive than economics. You'd expect lots to be rejected.
Original post by arminb
IR is the most competitive course at LSE, even more competitive than economics. You'd expect lots to be rejected.

I know I know of course - it's 9% (although 59 out of 600-700 means even less sometimes) acceptance rate but I just think that rather than making their minds up about who they want first, they seem to be checking off those they definitely don't want. Just a thought, that's all
Thanks sooooo much! Yep, I am :smile:

I'm glad I could be of use! Whereabouts do you live? I live in Dubai - it's quite strange to be kind of international and kind of home student haha, especially when you see the criticism of international students in some of the LSE threads! Oh and what course have you applied for?
Reply 5176
Original post by Caesar95
I actually sent them an email with pretty much the same content, stating the offers I have and that I would like to have their decision as soon as possible so I could consider their offer along with the others, or simply picking one of my other offers.

Well, good luck to all of you :smile:

Actually, they couldn't care less whatever other offers you have had - only the Admissions Assessor reads emails sent to [email protected], and non-UCAS information is strictly not considered by the Admissions Selector in making decisions about who to admit.

Since you have an Oxford offer, then go ahead and firm it with insurance being one of your other offers, you expecting LSE to send you an offer/decision according to your whim and fancy just because you have received all other decisions is tbh selfish. If you can't wait, don't and withdraw from your choice so someone else who is waiting on LSE for their firm can be considered for the place. I also don't get the point of waiting for an insurance from a uni with the same conditional offer as your firm.

Peace.
(edited 10 years ago)
I RATE YOU zendesk. We all go through this, Caesar95, all of us got 4/5 replies so far. It's LSE we're talking about, they get 19,000 applications, do you want them to fully consider your application and give you an appropriate answer or do you want to be rejected sooner? Just because you email them and say 'yo i got my other offers so far, hurry up with the reply' doesn't mean they'll as much as CARE. you probably sounded so irritating to them, I hope it were the Selector who read your email, so you can free up a space for someone more sensible.
Original post by paperclip345
I'm glad I could be of use! Whereabouts do you live? I live in Dubai - it's quite strange to be kind of international and kind of home student haha, especially when you see the criticism of international students in some of the LSE threads! Oh and what course have you applied for?

I live in Abu Dhabi! I've applied for Economics and Economic History :smile: yeah it's a weird situation to explain hahah
I live in Abu Dhabi! I've applied for Economics and Economic History :smile: yeah it's a weird situation to explain hahah

Wow! You live in such a cool place :smile: Do you take the IB Diploma programme or are you doing A-levels? (IB for me..:eek: :P ) I think I'll have to stop waking up at 4am every morning (even though this doesn't make any sense as i'm GMT+8) to check my email and just focus on getting good grades now .. LSE is slowly killing me. lol

Quick Reply

Latest