The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

felt so bad for Nubutani in ep 4 of Chuunibyou :frown: those 2 were getting along so well..

using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently, finished Persona 4 Golden the other day which was godly :coma: also been getting back to playing Ace Attorney :cool:

caught up with ImoCho which is fairly entertaining, and Mikakunin de Shinkoukei which is pretty cute and funny, nice twist in that latest ep :tongue:

Nisekoi is by far my fave show of this season, absolutely hilarious :laugh: and those epicly cute moments are done so well :pinch: that Love Hina moment :moon:

oh yeah started going back to Anisoc, watching Maou-sama and also Usagi Drop which is just ahhhh :h: :h: :h:
Original post by eugenius 8
using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently

:ditto:

I spent most of last week playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That's the only problem with my new 3DS, it's as addictive as anime, but I don't have time for both. :sadnod: :p:

I finally finished the game yesterday though, so I'll spend the weekend marathoning all the 5th episodes I've been putting off. :yes: I'll also be finishing the Punk Hazard arc of One Piece (four episodes to go~), as well as the short filler arc afterwards, then I guess I'll be waiting another year or so for more... I really don't think I could watch the series weekly. :nah:
Reply 6422
Original post by eugenius 8
felt so bad for Nubutani in ep 4 of Chuunibyou :frown: those 2 were getting along so well..

using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently, finished Persona 4 Golden the other day which was godly :coma: also been getting back to playing Ace Attorney :cool:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
:ditto:

I spent most of last week playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That's the only problem with my new 3DS, it's as addictive as anime, but I don't have time for both. :sadnod: :p:

Been doing that myself for a long while.:ninja: The 3DS has lots of great titles. :smile: Would like to get the new Ace Attorney ... but being download only means no getting it off amazon cheaper.:huff: There's also the sequel to 999, Virtues Last Reward Ive been meaning to get eventually.:teeth:

In more anime related news, Ive still mainly been keeping up with the weekly series Ive posted about before.:tongue:

Although I did watch some of the animated batman films. (The Dark Knight Returns, and Year One, Under the red hood). But to keep it related to this thread Ill just say the animation didnt really compare to anime films or OVAs from around the same time.:nah:

Ive also noticed the trains are ****ed up on the weekend of telford expo.:hmmm: Just between coleshill and birmingham.. a normally quick little 20min journey.:no: There's a replacement bus service instead.:yucky:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by vin
Been doing that myself for a long while.:ninja: The 3DS has lots of great titles. :smile: Would like to get the new Ace Attorney ... but being download only means no getting it off amazon cheaper.:huff: There's also the sequel to 999, Virtues Last Reward Ive been meaning to get eventually.:teeth:

In more anime related news, Ive still mainly been keeping up with the weekly series Ive posted about before.:tongue:

Although I did watch some of the animated batman films. (The Dark Knight Returns, and Year One, Under the red hood). But to keep it related to this thread Ill just say the animation didnt really compare to anime films or OVAs from around the same time.:nah:

Ive also noticed the trains are ****ed up on the weekend of telford expo.:hmmm: Just between coleshill and birmingham.. a normally quick little 20min journey.:no: There's a replacement bus service instead.:yucky:

I was looking at Virtue's Last Reward yesterday, as well as the Harvest Moon titles, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tales Of The Abyss... I'll admit I barely looked into the other games besides Pokemon before buying the 3DS, but there's plenty of others I'm interested in now. :yes:

My train journey on the way back from Telford seems to have a replacement bus service for part of the journey as well. Not on the way there though, at least according to The Trainline. :hmmmm2:
Reply 6424
Virtue's Last Reward is AMAZING
I MEAN
IT'S AMAZING I SERIOUSLY LOVE IT
(But of course play 999 first)

Anyway, a few of the shows I'm following have reached some kind of high this week. Golden Time had a dramatic shouty episode which is a welcome relief since its comedy is pretty much always miss for me :P and I can't really stand following a happy Banri-Kouko relationship, I love seeing the conflicts surface.

Samurai Flamenco had a serious, an actually serious episode, it somehow came full circle and I just~ oh my, I still love this show and I've never seen anything like it, even if it may be terrible, idiotic and a work of genius.

Kirru Ra Kirru had a great ep with a ~twist~ that I just HAVE to say is such a glorious Utena reference <3 <3
I just wonder if some Utena storyboarder is working on this, like one worked on the Eva Rebuild movies.
I made a comparison but it's very spoilerish for both Utena and KlK :
http://puu.sh/6Om0d/c49f21d565.png

Here's the Utena/Rebuild 2 comparison (spoilers spoilers spoilers):
http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1337/54/1337547351379.jpg

I made another Utena/Rebuild 2 one :3
This one's not spoilerish~
http://puu.sh/6OngE/2195412b5f.png

Okay sorry I'm just getting really excited now. I'll probably rewatch this show over half term. Or Sailor Moon <3
Reply 6425
I won't have time for anime over the next two months but any recommendations for the summer? I want some anime to look forward to :p:

My favourites so far have been FMA, fate zero, attack on titan & tengen toppen gurren lagann.
What do you guys think of terra formers? It looks good to me
Original post by Yuuki
I won't have time for anime over the next two months but any recommendations for the summer? I want some anime to look forward to :p:

My favourites so far have been FMA, fate zero, attack on titan & tengen toppen gurren lagann.

I've just started watching Nobunaga the fool - A big massive clash with people from history. Come on, it's got Leonardo Da vinci and Julius Ceaser - but they're like the supporting roles!

I like Buddy Complex too. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but at the end of the second episode, I'm hooked
Original post by Yuuki

Guessing you're after complete series? If so, I'd suggest Mirai Nikki, Shiki, Chrno Crusade or Last Exile. :yes: Also Kill La Kill, one of the highlights of the current season which should be finished in two months time. Very reminiscent of Gurren Lagann. :smile:

*tries to imagine two months without anime*

*:bawling:*
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yuuki

A good comedy is Binbō-gami ga!

In short, a 16 year old girl has HEAPS of good fortune coming her way, however, since it is a form of energy, it isn't created, instead it is absorbed from people around her making other people's lives miserable.
So, a God of Misfortune is sent to her to try and take her's away (in mostly very painful ways i.e. syringes, dogs biting her etc... mostly due to jealousy of the "watermelons" in her sweater.)

As the series progresses, she learns she doesn't need all her money, popularity with the guys and intelligence to be happy, however, she has basically built a wall around her to prevent her getting close to anyone (for reasons I will not mention).

Funny clip from the anime:

[video="youtube;T1t8byF7kpc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1t8byF7kpc[/video]

Is not particularly long and you could marathon it in a day (13 episodes long)
(edited 10 years ago)
hi I'm a newbie to the soc nice to meet y'all
Im currently reading maid sama Im into josei and shoujo but only read completed serieses :h:
any suggestions would be appreciated
Original post by flou_fboco2
Im currently reading maid sama Im into josei and shoujo but only read completed serieses :h:

Are you a sub or dub person?
Makes it a little easier given, if you get given a suggestion of, say this season's animes and they are VERY unlikely to be dubbed into English.
The only exception I can think of is Space Dandy which actually premiered in English dub in the US the day before it premiered in Japan. =l
Original post by Scienceisgood
Are you a sub or dub person?
Makes it a little easier given, if you get given a suggestion of, say this season's animes and they are VERY unlikely to be dubbed into English.
The only exception I can think of is Space Dandy which actually premiered in English dub in the US the day before it premiered in Japan. =l

i dnt really mind whether its sub or dub thanx for the suggestions :h:

As I said in the chat thread, welcome to the society!

I've read a few Josei and Shoujo manga, and I also love complete series since I can read them from beginning to end as quickly or slowly as I want to. :yes: As for recommendations, I'd suggest any of the following:

X-Day - Short, but fantastic.

After School Nightmare - From the same author as X-Day, but much longer. The two share a lot of themes.

Flower of Life - One of the best slice of life series I've ever read.

RG Veda - Oldschool CLAMP classic.

Earthian - I'm only two volumes in so far, but I'd recommend it based on those alone.

Hope something there catches your interest; if not, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who've read more than me and can offer better suggestions. :smile:
i dnt really mind whether its sub or dub thanx for the suggestions :h:

Alright, now I know you don't mind sub or dub, which genres are you into?

Comedy
Action
Detective
etc...

EDIT:
Also, I didn't really suggest Space Dandy, it was just an example of an anime which premiered in a country outside of Japan first. =l
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6435
I've noted down a few series over time that I've either liked the sound of or have been recommended to me and I plan to watch them in the summer. If anyone has any spoiler-free points to make on them - i.e. something that might make me watch that one first, or maybe not watch it at all - then that would be nice!

Beserk - This is quite an old one, I noticed. Dunno if that matters!
Danganronpa
From The New World
Hellsing Ultimate
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Stein's Gate - Probably needs no review, it's one of those ones that everyone seems to love.
Sword Art Online - I heard this starts amazing and then series 2 isn't great.
Toradora
Original post by xDave-
I've noted down a few series over time that I've either liked the sound of or have been recommended to me and I plan to watch them in the summer. If anyone has any spoiler-free points to make on them - i.e. something that might make me watch that one first, or maybe not watch it at all - then that would be nice!

Beserk - This is quite an old one, I noticed. Dunno if that matters!
Danganronpa
From The New World
Hellsing Ultimate
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Stein's Gate - Probably needs no review, it's one of those ones that everyone seems to love.
Sword Art Online - I heard this starts amazing and then series 2 isn't great.
Toradora

Sword Art Online IMO was overhyped.
Attack On Titan's hype though was certainly justified. :smile:
Reply 6437
A good comedy is Binbō-gami ga!

In short, a 16 year old girl has HEAPS of good fortune coming her way, however, since it is a form of energy, it isn't created, instead it is absorbed from people around her making other people's lives miserable.
So, a God of Misfortune is sent to her to try and take her's away (in mostly very painful ways i.e. syringes, dogs biting her etc... mostly due to jealousy of the "watermelons" in her sweater.)

As the series progresses, she learns she doesn't need all her money, popularity with the guys and intelligence to be happy, however, she has basically built a wall around her to prevent her getting close to anyone (for reasons I will not mention).

Funny clip from the anime:

Is not particularly long and you could marathon it in a day (13 episodes long)

Sounds like an anime with a lot of fun, will add it to my list :-)

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Guessing you're after complete series? If so, I'd suggest Mirai Nikki, Shiki, Chrno Crusade or Last Exile. :yes: Also Kill La Kill, one of the highlights of the current season which should be finished in two months time. Very reminiscent of Gurren Lagann. :smile:

*tries to imagine two months without anime*

*:bawling:*

Haha, I don't have much free time at all so the months pass by. I haven't watched anything since Blue exorcist and that was in summer :p:

Thanks for the suggestions :smile:

Original post by LadyUchiha
I've just started watching Nobunaga the fool - A big massive clash with people from history. Come on, it's got Leonardo Da vinci and Julius Ceaser - but they're like the supporting roles!

I like Buddy Complex too. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but at the end of the second episode, I'm hooked

Sounds interesting, will look it up. Thanks!
Reply 6438
Sword Art Online IMO was overhyped.

Yeah, I've heard that a few times. Hard to tell which side is right though.

Attack On Titan's hype though was certainly justified. :smile:

Hah, indeed! I would love to watch more of that, but sadly that doesn't seem like it'll happen any time soon. I'd read the manga, but I read the chapters I'd seen in the show and I didn't feel like it worked as well drawn as it did animated, so I'm enduring the long wait for more episodes :emo:
Alright, now I know you don't mind sub or dub, which genres are you into?

Comedy
Action
Detective
etc...

EDIT:
Also, I didn't really suggest Space Dandy, it was just an example of an anime which premiered in a country outside of Japan first. =l

again i dnt mind in particular but would most likely enjoy things that have a bit of romance

Latest

Trending

Trending