The Student Room Group

What is the worst football match you have seen?

for me - Bolton 0-0 Middlesbrough in 2007.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was really into football when I was younger. My dad used to take me to watch my home-town Shrewsbury every home game. This was back when I was about 5-10 years old. Some were good, but I distinctly remember one game where I fell asleep after 10 minutes and got woken up by the half-time music. Must've been pretty bad.
Reply 2
watford vs crystal palace in the 2013 play-off. neither team deserved to win it but it was decided by a measly penalty..
Reply 3
Southend v Plymouth Argyle in the old third division, think Southend lost 5-1 at home, first experience of football at a stadium. ****ing awful.
Live? Villa vs West Brom in 2005 I think it was. The game finished 0-0 and was piss poor all round. If you mean just in general i.e. telly or streams then I can't think too far back but Dortmund vs Bayern recently and the Arsenal vs Chelsea matches were horrific. Really, really poor.
Reply 5
Live has got to be Cardiff vs Charlton last year when Cardiff got the point they needed for promotion. The game was absolutely atrocious, but the atmosphere was awesome, especially when the goal went in that was disallowed, and of course at the full time whistle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I can't remember who it was against; but it was a Hendon FC game (At Wembley Park) and they were down 2-0 very quickly. Home and away fans were in the same stands and the away fans were being quite nasty. And I'm sure a few of them swore at the ref.
Reply 7
Utd Vs Chelsea at old trafford this season

wanted to cry
Reply 8
Original post by OU Student
And I'm sure a few of them swore at the ref.

God no :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Reply 9
When I went to watch the heavy weight battle of Isle of Man vs Wrexham :cool:
Reply 10
England - Algeria at the 2010 World Cup hands down. Amazed it's not been mentioned yet.

I've barely given a **** about England games since tbh.
Reply 11
World cup final 94 (Brazil V Italy) was quite bad.
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
Live? Villa vs West Brom in 2005 I think it was. The game finished 0-0 and was piss poor all round.

I can think of at least three games just this season that would be up there :tongue:
Reply 13
All of them!

Football makes me want to rub bleach in my eyes :frown:
Original post by Reeeeyah
All of them!

Football makes me want to rub bleach in my eyes :frown:

Get out of the forum then.

Definitely Sheffield Wednesday 6-0 Leeds United. Play off final defeat to Doncaster was a hard one to take as well.
Original post by Silver Arrows

Definitely Sheffield Wednesday 6-0 Leeds United. Play off final defeat to Doncaster was a hard one to take as well.

What about Chelsea thrashing you 5-1 last season? :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by ninuzu
When I went to watch the heavy weight battle of Isle of Man vs Wrexham :cool:

Ah, the famous Isle of Man Football Festival? That's going back some few years. I'm suddenly feeling old by vaguely remembering Wrexham take part in these now you've mentioned that game. Sadly, since then I've seen many more dire Wrexham games added to my list :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by Silver Arrows

I didn't realise I was in the sport part until you just quoted me. I was clicking the latest discussions at the side. Sorry football people lol :K:
Reply 18
Original post by ra-ra-ra
Ah, the famous Isle of Man Football Festival? That's going back some few years. I'm suddenly feeling old by vaguely remembering Wrexham take part in these now you've mentioned that game. Sadly, since then I've seen many more dire Wrexham games added to my list :rolleyes:

Yes! Haha I can't believe someone else on here has heard of it :rofl:
I was quite young, but I do remember dreadful football, with me wanting the Isle of Man to win, but they lost quite heavily :tongue:
Reply 19
Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal.

By half time we knew it was over, but they just wouldn't stop scoring :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest