The Student Room Group

I don't like gays/lesbians but I don't mind lesbians/gays?!

I have a sister who doesn't like lesbians but she doesn't mind gays, how does that work?!
Maybe because it's her own gender ?
Original post by Just Another Girly
Maybe because it's her own gender ?

So? I don't get it? How are lesbians going to affect her? She's a serious homophobe, she used to like a tv show, but once she found out that the main actor was a lesbian she didn't like it anymore.
probably because she's a girl
Original post by MylittlePlusle
So? I don't get it? How are lesbians going to affect her? She's a serious homophobe, she used to like a tv show, but once she found out that the main actor was a lesbian she didn't like it anymore.

:sad: maybe you should show her some gay is okay video's or like Glee when the bully comes out and tries to commit suicide when people were bullying him.

Same reasons why some straight men have no problem with lesbians but feel grossed out by gay men. They aren't comfortable with your sexuality or their own, and they don't trust you as a friend.
Reply 6
I have a sister who doesn't like lesbians but she doesn't mind gays, how does that work?!

Do you object to her not liking lesbians

Or do you object to her only liking some gay people

Either way - unless she is inflicting her views on people in a way that causes distress - why do you care
Original post by TenOfThem
Do you object to her not liking lesbians

Or do you object to her only liking some gay people

Either way - unless she is inflicting her views on people in a way that causes distress - why do you care

I don't understand her views at all. It's an issue for me becuase one of my two beautiful close friends is a lesbian and I can't have her around my sister becuase of her offensive views. I keep telling her that lesbians are gay too.
Original post by Just Another Girly
:sad: maybe you should show her some gay is okay video's or like Glee when the bully comes out and tries to commit suicide when people were bullying him.

She's fine with homosexual males, she told me once that males can be with another man or a woman but women should only be with men. She even told me that if her daughter was a lesbian she would disown her.
Reply 9
I don't understand her views at all. It's an issue for me becuase one of my two beautiful close friends is a lesbian and I can't have her around my sister becuase of her offensive views. I keep telling her that lesbians are gay too.

You do not have to understand her views, any more than she has to like lesbians

Sure it is a bigotry but it is her right to feel like that

If she is actually rude to lesbians because of their sexuality then that makes her an unpleasant person - that is life - we cannot chose our siblings
She's fine with homosexual males, she told me once that males can be with another man or a woman but women should only be with men. She even told me that if her daughter was a lesbian she would disown her.

Thats.......um .....well she sounds.........like err.... a unique individual :redface:

What's she said when you've asked her why she has the view she has?
Reply 11
Maybe shes worried about them trying it on with her, I know a few guys who dont like being around gay men for that reason. I dont agree with her views though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
maybe she’s scared that a lesbian would hit on her and this disturbs her? not sure

Quick Reply

Latest