The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Possible episode spoiler

Spoiler

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 3182
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet a few grand on those rumours being complete bull****. I mean, they even look like complete bull****, time was that the rumour mill would put some effort in.
Original post by Jarred
I'm not a betting man, but I would bet a few grand on those rumours being complete bull****. I mean, they even look like complete bull****, time was that the rumour mill would put some effort in.

Potentially, but wrt mine Moffat has said before that Capaldi's previous appearance in pompeii will be explained...
Original post by pinkpenguin
It's a mash of Pertwee and Hartnell, and I think it demonstrates he's going to play the character pretty straight, which I am so down with after Matt Smith. A change in direction = ideal.

The red lining is sweet.

Agreed!

Now they're starting the second cycle, it makes sense to pay homage to the earlier doctors. Pretty much all the new era Doctor Who seems to be based on Tom Baker onwards, it's good to see a homage to the first three doctors.

I kinda hope they use the second cycle as an excuse to introduce something completely new, but fans seem to love bashing Moffat so maybe that'd be a step too far.
I love the outfit, and I do think it looks very Pertwee, but it does also remind me of Dracula :laugh:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Potentially, but wrt mine Moffat has said before that Capaldi's previous appearance in pompeii will be explained...

I really dont see the point in explaining it. No one will care if he ignores it, it isnt that hard to believe that the doctor could regenerate into a body that looks very similar to that character.

I bet we get a 4 series long arc about this which will end in the most anti climactic way imaginable. It is steven moffat we are talking about.
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I really dont see the point in explaining it. No one will care if he ignores it, it isnt that hard to believe that the doctor could regenerate into a body that looks very similar to that character.

I bet we get a 4 series long arc about this which will end in the most anti climactic way imaginable. It is steven moffat we are talking about.

Oh I'd be annoyed if he ignored it...but that's cos I hate poor continuity in everything, let alone major things like this.
My unis student cinema is having a doctor who night tonight....playing The Day of the Doctor in the sports bar. Complete with jammy dodgers, jelly babies and even doctor who cocktails....no fish fingers and custard thoughImageUploadedByStudent Room1391199200.414423.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3189
Original post by HBPrincess
My unis student cinema is having a doctor who night tonight....playing The Day of the Doctor in the sports bar. Complete with jammy dodgers, jelly babies and even doctor who cocktails....no fish fingers and custard thoughImageUploadedByStudent Room1391199200.414423.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your student cinema sounds amazing :teeth:
Original post by Aula
Your student cinema sounds amazing :teeth:

Pah - worst of the media areas (being the one I'm not on the exec of :tongue:). Still a red carpet and now fish fingers and custard is not to be sniffed at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3191
"I like the no tie thing" :wink:

I do think Capaldi's outfit is very sharp but not too dissimilar from Matt Smith's combination of coat, shirt, waistcoat and boots (minus the bow tie in Capaldi's case). I would say there's not really much that truly makes it unique (unlike Tennant's Converse, Eccleston's leather jacket, Smith's tweed jacket/bow tie/braces, Baker's scarf, Davison's cricket jumper) but I guess that's more or the less the reasoning behind it. Maybe like Smith we'll see his costume develop with the character.
Reply 3192
Just 12 days earlier I had never watched a single episode of Doctor Who. But then for whatever reason i decided to start watching it with the 9th Doctor Series 1. 12 days later I have seen all of it. Series 1-7 plus all specials . It was simply amazing I loved it so much.

Here is my problem what do I do now? The 12 days felt like they would never end and I could watch Dr Who forever lol I am so lost and have no clue what to do now...

What do you guys think I could do now?
Reply 3193
Original post by thenoob
Just 12 days earlier I had never watched a single episode of Doctor Who. But then for whatever reason i decided to start watching it with the 9th Doctor Series 1. 12 days later I have seen all of it. Series 1-7 plus all specials . It was simply amazing I loved it so much.

Here is my problem what do I do now? The 12 days felt like they would never end and I could watch Dr Who forever lol I am so lost and have no clue what to do now...

What do you guys think I could do now?

Classic Who :awesome:

And Torchwood, and possibly (if you're feeling a bit silly) Sarah Jane adventures.
Reply 3194
Original post by Aula

And Torchwood, and possibly (if you're feeling a bit silly) Sarah Jane adventures.

Classic Who I have no idea where to watch it really... any advice?
Torchwood is something I will probably watch thanks for that :smile:
Sarah Jane I have seen a couple of episodes but considering its a kids show puts me off but essentially Elisabeth Sladen past away during the last season which makes it hard to watch the show.
Reply 3195
Original post by thenoob
Classic Who I have no idea where to watch it really... any advice?
Torchwood is something I will probably watch thanks for that :smile:
Sarah Jane I have seen a couple of episodes but considering its a kids show puts me off but essentially Elisabeth Sladen past away during the last season which makes it hard to watch the show.

Either begin at the beginning, or if you search through this thread there's suggestions of where to start watching :yep:
Reply 3196
Original post by Aula
Either begin at the beginning, or if you search through this thread there's suggestions of where to start watching :yep:

Thanks I will do that then.
An Ode to the Eleventh:
Original post by Aula

Yes! - I picked up 5 Classic Who DVD's the other week (I think The Beginnings (first 3 stories), New Beginnings (4 regenerating 5 and the master), Trial of A Time Lord, The Black Guardian Trilogy and Dalek War) All quality.
I wish they would do a massive box set for each Classic Doctor (for every episode that has survived). I know it would be crazily expensive, but I really don't like the way it's done now.

Quick Reply

Latest