The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arminb
LSE only accepts IB and A level, not even the american qualifications. I am not so sure whether its much about the quality of education.
But i do really think that guy should withdraw his application when he is not going to firm it. Its a bit selfish. He just wants to brag about having all 5 offers but if he withdrew from 1 another guy who really beeds it can get in. Besides they never really set deadline they say we try to respond within 4 weeks and thats not a dealine.

LSE most definitely accepts other qualifications. Otherwise it wouldn't be meeting even half the international quota it is at the moment in terms of students
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5201
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
LSE most definitely accepts other qualifications. Otherwise it wouldn't be meeting even half the international quota it is at the moment in terms of students

Original post by eloo
What do you mean by saying that LSE does not accept other qualifications than IB or A levels. Of course they do :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i thought if you don't have IB or A levels you will have to do admissions tests. Many international students do A levels before going to LSE( i am one of them).
Original post by arminb
LSE only accepts IB and A level, not even the american qualifications. I am not so sure whether its much about the quality of education.
But i do really think that guy should withdraw his application when he is not going to firm it. Its a bit selfish. He just wants to brag about having all 5 offers but if he withdrew from 1 another guy who really beeds it can get in. Besides they never really set deadline they say we try to respond within 4 weeks and thats not a dealine.

When they first received our applications they stated: "we will make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2014 (whichever is earlier)." Please explain to me how this isn't a deadline.
Reply 5203
Original post by Law-Hopeful
When they first received our applications they stated: "we will make a decision on your application within 12 weeks and no later than 31 March 2014 (whichever is earlier)." Please explain to me how this isn't a deadline.

I guess that is a deadline but the 4 weeks 2 weeks or 5 weeks emails are not deadlines. For example: 'I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks'. This is not a deadline because they made no promise. If you think about it, Oxbridge receive all of their applications in October and respond within 3 months, LSE receives all of them in January.
Just be patient bro i know its difficult but it will be a lesson for the rest our lives. I believe I've learnt a lot from my uni application. To be patient, to deal with a rejection, to deal with an unfair system etc... They don't conduct interviews or admission tests(assuming everyone has A's at A-level) so its all up to your GCSEs and PS. Imagine they have to real 10 PS's and then decide which one is the best. This really takes time. They receive 17k applicants and probably about 2.5 will receive offers.
(edited 10 years ago)
After following this forum for 2 months... finally LSE offer for law LLB!! :smile:

thanks for the support ppl and gud luck to all...
Original post by yzhang
Of course you can. :smile:) I was not very good last year, so I got AAB for AS levels. For my predicted grades, they are A*A*A. And LSE has sent me '2 weeks' letter, then '7 weeks' letter ( including Xmas holiday...). Actually, I should have heard from LSE yesterday, but I didn't recieve anything.... Wondering if you could tell me your grades as well? :smile:

yes of course, I got AAAB in AS levels (Maths, further maths, Chemistry and computing) and predicted A*A*A. Also, would you mind telling me which subjects you have taken, and how come you have only done 3 subjects at AS and are you a home applicant (ie. resident in the UK). Thanks.
Original post by ilovefoodandmore
LOL don't you think your last sentence was rather arrogant? I'm 100% sure the Italian educational system is not the best one in the world. Just look at your economic state, where would you get the funding from? And I have friends in Italy whom have told me about the corruption of teachers/headmasters. Oh and btw, since Italian educational system is so advanced, "second to none" it should have educated your former Prime Minister, Berlusconi, not to be a pedophile.

You burned him haha.
*Please apply cold water* :P
Original post by arminb
I guess that is a deadline but the 4 weeks 2 weeks or 5 weeks emails are not deadlines. For example: 'I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks'. This is not a deadline because they made no promise. If you think about it, Oxbridge receive all of their applications in October and respond within 3 months, LSE receives all of them in January.

Just be patient bro i know its difficult but it will be a lesson for the rest our lives. I believe I've learnt a lot from my uni application. To be patient, to deal with a rejection, to deal with an unfair system etc... They don't conduct interviews or admission tests(assuming everyone has A's at A-level) so its all up to your GCSEs and PS. Imagine they have to real 10 PS's and then decide which one is the best. This really takes time. They receive 17k applicants and probably about 2.5 will receive offers.

I was merely stating that they do set deadlines (because you said they did not), and have failed to meet them in a lot of cases.
[QUOTE="Caesar95;46300130"]I'm so sorry to hear this :frown:

Thank you! I'm sure you'll shine wherever you go :wink:[/QUOTE

I'm a diva, I really enjoy shining *Beyoncé pose*

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5209
Original post by arminb
i thought if you don't have IB or A levels you will have to do admissions tests. Many international students do A levels before going to LSE( i am one of them).

I am neither taking A levels nor IB and have not been asked to take UGAA. Apparently I am the exception, since you are right that many applicants like me were asked to sit LSE's admission test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having lurked this and many threads on TSR before without posting, I feel this one has pushed me too far, so here I am with an account at last. You all need to relax; for so many academically brilliant children, some of you sure are easily wound up.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear from LSE (I am too).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TSFrench
Merci :smile: ! J'ai attendu super longtemps mais ça valait la peine ! 15/20 avec 16 en maths :smile:

Est-ce que t'as étudié l'Anglais en France ou IGCSE en Anglais?
If LSE continues this trend of only giving out rejections and offers once a week and plans to stick to the 31st of March "deadline" then they have only got 7 rejection and 7 offer days left... and thousands of anxious applicants. Even less if Naked Friday strikes again.

Nevertheless, both the accepted and the rejected will have by the 31st thoroughly lost their/our minds
Reply 5213
Original post by eloo
I am neither taking A levels nor IB and have not been asked to take UGAA. Apparently I am the exception, since you are right that many applicants like me were asked to sit LSE's admission test.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you applying for? Did you get an offer without receiving the invitation?
There are some crazy people on this thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
There are some crazy people on this thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It feels like we're the only normal applicants here, right?

oh no, is she talking about me?
Reply 5216
Original post by eugenia_
What are you applying for? Did you get an offer without receiving the invitation?

I am applying for BSc Management :smile:.
No, haven't received the offer, but according to their website, the 7th of February is a deadline day for UGAA invitations and in case they do not send me the invitation up to this day, my qualifications would be considered as sufficient for the admission process.

And you? :smile: what are you applying for and where are you from?
Original post by Blackfyre
It feels like we're the only normal applicants here, right?

oh no, is she talking about me?

I was referring to you... but in jest. (No offence intended 😄)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
I was referring to you... but in jest. (No offence intended ������)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, I see what you're trying to do here. I can't appoint you to any important positions right now in the LSE MMA club, but there's a way to become a caporegime in the clan by beating the invincible arminb.
Original post by Blackfyre
Alright, I see what you're trying to do here. I can't appoint you to any important positions right now in the LSE MMA club, but there's a way to become a caporegime in the clan by beating the invincible arminb.

LSE MMA Club? No one can beat arminb...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply