The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S-man10
I don't like you now for using hobo "safe" language.

:lolwut:

It's unfair to discriminate against someone purely on the basis of the lingo that they grew up speaking. There is nothing wrong with the word 'safe'. It can be a perfectly apt replacement for 'thank you'.

Original post by S-man10
I'll put Ramo as second now

Safe.

Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Spoiler

:drool:

I think that young girls' obsession with smartphones (all across the world now) is one of the saddest evolutionary regressions that have resulted from technology.
Original post by RamocitoMorales
:lolwut:

It's unfair to discriminate against someone purely on the basis of the lingo that they grew up speaking. There is nothing wrong with the word 'safe'. It can be a perfectly apt replacement for 'thank you'.

Safe.

Except its hobo and I will discriminate. Unfair? Tough ****

demoted to 3rd and potentially out of the list

I think that young girls' obsession with smartphones (all across the world now) is one of the saddest evolutionary regressions that have resulted from technology.

this I agree with. Sadly this has to do with wifi being available in the kitchen.
(edited 10 years ago)
hey can i ask a question to all of you....

what would you do if you had pre made notes for all of your subjects, how would you use them especially if they were for biology,chemistry and psychology?

would you make notes of the notes, even though everything you need is in the already pre-made notes or would you just do practice past papers using the notes or would you just keep on reading them over and over again?
Original post by TheGameOfScience
hey can i ask a question to all of you....

what would you do if you had pre made notes for all of your subjects, how would you use them especially if they were for biology,chemistry and psychology?

would you make notes of the notes, even though everything you need is in the already pre-made notes or would you just do practice past papers using the notes or would you just keep on reading them over and over again?

The really in depth revision strategy that works well (for me:tongue:) for things like bio and psych-anything that requires a lot of memorising:

1. Read through all notes if present (if not then make 'em) highlighting key points
2. Mindmap key topics by hand onto an A3 sheet
3. Re-read mindmaps
4. Turn the page around and write down every key point that was on it until you can from the top of your head
5. Do all the practise papers & mark them
5. Re-read mindmaps

For subjects like chem and maths which requires more memorising key formulas, then mindmapss are pretty useless though imo
The really in depth revision strategy that works well (for me:tongue:) for things like bio and psych-anything that requires a lot of memorising:

1. Read through all notes if present (if not then make 'em) highlighting key points
2. Mindmap key topics by hand onto an A3 sheet
3. Re-read mindmaps
4. Turn the page around and write down every key point that was on it until you can from the top of your head
5. Do all the practise papers & mark them
5. Re-read mindmaps

For subjects like chem and maths which requires more memorising key formulas, then mindmapss are pretty useless though imo

thank you!!!:smile: but when you mindmap, do you just only mindmap the topics or do you put a lot of detail in the mindmap, because for psychology i have to basically memorise 24 essays also what do you mean by key points, do you mean under each topic heading? but thank you fior answering i'll defo try that out :biggrin:
Original post by S-man10
Except its hobo and I will discriminate. Unfair? Tough ****

You're too stuck in your ways, old man. :shakecane:

I haven't checked the latest version of the Oxford English Dictionary, but if 'safe' isn't already on there then it soon will be.

Take the Ottoman Empire, for instance. They had a hierarchical system of speech where the elite members of society would speak 'Ottoman Turkish' which would incorporate a disproportionately high number of Arabic loanwords, while the underclass (or 'hobos' as you call them) would speak what was known as 'Kaba Turkish' (which can sort of be translated to 'rude Turkish'). Anyway, my point is that the Turkish we speak today is essentially what was then known as 'rude Turkish' (which has more words of Turkish origin).

S-man10
this I agree with. Sadly this has to do with wifi being available in the kitchen.

Indeed. I guess hollywoodbudgie can no longer be considered 'wife material'.
thank you!!!:smile: but when you mindmap, do you just only mindmap the topics or do you put a lot of detail in the mindmap, because for psychology i have to basically memorise 24 essays also what do you mean by key points, do you mean under each topic heading? but thank you fior answering i'll defo try that out :biggrin:

24 different mindmaps :tongue: long I know but it's revision, whatcha expect?

I guess hollywoodbudgie can no longer be considered 'wife material'.

S-man10]x

Stop making me out to be some sort of girl with massive fake pink leopard nails constantly texting bbz on bbm whilst people try to speak to her! There's nothing wrong with having some an interest in technology that makes me want to have a phone with a good functional capacity rather than, say, spending so much extra money on an iphone when you can get a phone of equal if not greater ability for less money.

Someone should throw an old nokia at both of your heads for being so ridiculous. :colonhash:

Clearly both of you two are. :laugh:
Stop making me out to be some sort of girl with massive fake pink leopard nails constantly texting bbz on bbm whilst people try to speak to her! There's nothing wrong with having some an interest in technology that makes me want to have a phone with a good functional capacity rather than, say, spending so much extra money on an iphone when you can get a phone of equal if not greater ability for less money.

Didn't read, but someone's clearly pretty desperate to be considered 'wife material' on TSR. :giggle:

hollywoodbudgie
Someone should throw an old nokia at both of your heads for being so ridiculous. :colonhash:

I actually have an old Nokia. :rolleyes:

Check out the neediness here. Back to the kitchen you.

I haven't checked the latest version of the Oxford English Dictionary, but if 'safe' isn't already on there then it soon will be.

Take the Ottoman Empire, for instance. They had a hierarchical system of speech where the elite members of society would speak 'Ottoman Turkish' which would incorporate a disproportionately high number of Arabic loanwords, while the underclass (or 'hobos' as you call them) would speak what was known as 'Kaba Turkish' (which can sort of be translated to 'rude Turkish'). Anyway, my point is that the Turkish we speak today is essentially what was then known as 'rude Turkish' (which has more words of Turkish origin).

Indeed. I guess hollywoodbudgie can no longer be considered 'wife material'.

It won't be.

My response: **** the ottoman empire. **** every empire. I'll die by the time language changes and I'm glad. Don't want to tell my child "safe"

Who said she ever was? :laugh:
whatever :mad:

Men and their silliness :h:
24 different mindmaps :tongue: long I know but it's revision, whatcha expect?

Clearly both of you two are. :laugh:

but how can you make an essay into a mindmap, and how much detail do you put onto these mindmaps.
Didn't read, but someone's clearly pretty desperate to be considered 'wife material' on TSR. :giggle:

Being a good wife isn't all about cooking, i can't cook so if that's the case then I'm screwed
Original post by S-man10
My response: **** the ottoman empire. **** every empire. I'll die by the time language changes and I'm glad. Don't want to tell my child "safe"

I'll pretend I never read that. :K:

Come on, all together now: Ey şanlı ordu, ey şanlı asker...

S-man10
Who said she ever was? :laugh:

True. :hahaha:

hollywoodbudgie

Spoiler

Men and their silliness :h:

Is that more of your gay propoganda? :sigh:

Original post by rosewater1
Being a good wife isn't all about cooking, i can't cook so if that's the case then I'm screwed

Where did I mention that being a good wife was 'all about cooking'? :curious:

There's much more to it than that (like washing and cleaning, for instance). But yes, you're not really 'wife material' either. What sort of a Turkish woman can't cook? Learn to roll some dolma and you'll be well on your way to improvement.

The funny thing is, neither of them are probably decent 'husband' material anyway :laugh:

Anyway, I am good wife material. A freshie on the tube asked to marry me once, so he can vouch for that. :yes:

but how can you make an essay into a mindmap, and how much detail do you put onto these mindmaps.

idk you know what works best for you :dontknow:

maybe

this much detail:

Spoiler

but more in this style

Spoiler

The funny thing is, neither of them are probably decent 'husband' material anyway :laugh:

If you were good 'wife material' then you wouldn't be so eager to challenge my authority. :rolleyes:

hollywoodbudgie
Anyway, I am good wife material. A freshie on the tube asked to marry me once, so he can vouch for that. :yes:

Sure, that happened. :rolleyes:
If you were good 'wife material' then you wouldn't be so eager to challenge my authority. :rolleyes:

If you were good 'husband material', you'd have authority. :rolleyes:
Reply 3276
that is so funny to read :smile: need more pop-corn

Where did I mention that being a good wife was 'all about cooking'? :curious:

There's much more to it than that (like washing and cleaning, for instance). But yes, you're not really 'wife material' either. What sort of a Turkish woman can't cook? Learn to roll some dolma and you'll be well on your way to improvement.

I don't know how to work the washing machine...

Cheese on toast for everyone :colondollar: don't fret we'll have the occasional pasta night :biggrin:

True, I don't see any good qualities of a husband in either of them :lol:
If you were good 'husband material', you'd have authority. :rolleyes:

I thought you'd learned your lesson when I demoted you from 'deputy'. Keep this up and I may have to exercise my authority over you once more. :whip2:

I don't know how to work the washing machine...

:facepalm2:

rosewater1
Cheese on toast for everyone :colondollar:

You mean 'pide'?

rosewater1
don't fret we'll have the occasional pasta night :biggrin:

You mean 'mantı'?

You're going to have to step your game up if you want to become good Turkish 'wife material'. :sigh:

True, I don't see any good qualities of a husband in either of them :lol:

But you see them in TheGameOfScience? :curious:

Quick Reply

Latest