The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics specification too brief! Alternatives?

Compared to the OCR specification (for the sciences at least), the physics specification for Edexcel seems too brief/vague, and there is a lack of detail in it for what we need to know--is there a website, or another document that covers the specification in more depth?

This is for A level by the way. At GCSE, the specification helped a lot as it was specific on what we needed to know, and the OCR specification for chemistry a level is also quite in depth, so it is quite irritating for the Edexcel physics spec to be vague in comparison...
Reply 1
Hi,

I'm also doing Edexcel Physics - I did AS last year and am now doing A2. The spec is a bit of a pain; I couldn't find a more in depth spec, but found that through combining class notes and various textbooks and revision guides, I had sufficient material. Good books include: CGP guide, Edexcel Physics for AS/A2 by Tim Akrill and the Collins textbook for researching things. I didn't find the 'official text book' all that useful, to be honest.

Sorry, I haven't really answered your question, but hope it may help in some way :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by astrodr
Hi,

I'm also doing Edexcel Physics - I did AS last year and am now doing A2. The spec is a bit of a pain; I couldn't find a more in depth spec, but found that through combining class notes and various textbooks and revision guides, I had sufficient material. Good books include: CGP guide, Edexcel Physics for AS/A2 by Tim Akrill and the Collins textbook for researching things. I didn't find the 'official text book' all that useful, to be honest.

Sorry, I haven't really answered your question, but hope it may help in some way :smile:

I see, thanks for the books, I'll look into it :smile: -did you use any websites or YouTube channels for revision out of interest?

Quick Reply

Latest