The Student Room Group

Guys? ( Please answer decently)

How would you define a slut

A female player?
Someone who opens up ( if you get what i mean) for anyone who gives them attention?
And/Or a single girl who just doesn't care about labels and would **** if she feels like, without wanting anything more from a guy

Or just give your own definition, though i think I've covered the major ones

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think that term is very helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by Sopheea

A female player?
Someone who opens up ( if you get what i mean) for anyone who gives them attention?
And/Or a single girl who just doesn't care about labels and would **** if she feels like, without wanting anything more from a guy

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slut

Best answer you can have!
Reply 3

I totally agree.
Reply 4
Original post by Sopheea

A female player?

The only times I've seriously used that word are with girls who cheat in a nasty way, like Patti Boyd. Only thought of that example because I got in an argument over it with some girl, saying I'm slut shaming (she cheated on her husband George Harrison with his best friend Eric Clapton). I think it only counts as slut shaming if you're attacking girls who wear certain clothes or have casual sex.

If we're using it in a positive, reclaiming sense, then anyone who is sexually liberated.
Reply 5
Original post by Mankytoes
The only times I've seriously used that word are with girls who cheat in a nasty way, like Patti Boyd. Only thought of that example because I got in an argument over it with some girl, saying I'm slut shaming (she cheated on her husband George Harrison with his best friend Eric Clapton). I think it only counts as slut shaming if you're attacking girls who wear certain clothes or have casual sex.

If we're using it in a positive, reclaiming sense, then anyone who is sexually liberated.

So in other words...being called a slut is not an entirely bad thing:redface:
I never use the word. It is a very derogatory term which has brought about insecurities in people simply for doing activities which are perfectly normal and healthy and a key component of what makes us human.

Our society represses sex despite the widely held myth that we live in an over sexualised society.
Original post by Sopheea

It is a bad thing. It is a word invented to offend people who have sex. No one should ever be afraid of being labelled simply for having sex.
So in other words, you've been called a slut and want us to tell you it's a good thing?
Reply 9
Original post by Sopheea

It's entirely contextual, any word can be positive. Like the n-word, it can be a horrible word, or used positively. The Urban Dictionary definition is perfect for showing the hypocracy in the negative way it's used.
(edited 10 years ago)
So it is alright to describe all men as persons with poor morals, yet if one calls women in general bad drivers or natural cooks, we are ignorant and bigoted.

Slut is a promiscuous woman.
Reply 11
well i've had girl add me on fb, chat for abit and basically ask me to meet up for sex. They would fall into the "slut" category
Slut: not just someone who has many partners, but someone who cheats on their partner, or has sex in public, or performs sexual acts to get what they want.

Doesn't matter if you're a virgin, if you suck a dick to get free drinks or whatever , you're a slut
Life is too short not to be a slut. :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by little_wizard123
So in other words, you've been called a slut and want us to tell you it's a good thing?

Lol...i don't need you tell me its a good thing, I've just never understood the term, and why people let it determine so much
Reply 15
Original post by Dr. Django
Slut: not just someone who has many partners, but someone who cheats on their partner, or has sex in public, or performs sexual acts to get what they want.

Doesn't matter if you're a virgin, if you suck a dick to get free drinks or whatever , you're a slut

I think this is one of the definitions i was looking for
I'd say someone who sleeps around a lot, but I don't see sluts as a bad thing in the first place.
Reply 17
Original post by Mankytoes
It's entirely contextual, any word can be positive. Like the n-word, it can be a horrible word, or used positively. The Urban Dictionary definition is perfect for showing the hypocracy in the negative way it's used.

I think it depends on how you read it...most of my guy friend like the fact that I'm chill like them and i am not overly emotional and crying over silly things like period pains and ex-boyfriends, some girls like to be seen as girly and others not so much..some girls wouldn't bat an eyelid if you told them they had the morals of a dude
Reply 18
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I'd say someone who sleeps around a lot, but I don't see sluts as a bad thing in the first place.

I think the word is the bad thing, and people just attach the wrong definition to it...like the urban dictionary saying its a female with male morals...i don't think thats bad, and i don't consider that a slut....like the dude above said, i thing its a girl who'd do anything for money and attention..but still who are we to judge what makes a person happy:rolleyes:
Original post by Sopheea
I think the word is the bad thing, and people just attach the wrong definition to it...like the urban dictionary saying its a female with male morals...i don't think thats bad, and i don't consider that a slut....like the dude above said, i thing its a girl who'd do anything for money and attention..but still who are we to judge what makes a person happy:rolleyes:

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being a slut, if she enjoys sex so what? Guys do exactly the same and yet don't get such unfavourable connotations attached.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending