Neuer.

Adam Johnson or Kevin Nolan.

Adam Johnson.

Marco Reus or Thomas Müller
Reus

Pirlo or Xavi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5822
Pirlo in his prime to be honest. Not sure that would be the most popular choice.

Yorke or Cole?
Original post by Silver Arrows
Modric.

McCormack or Ings.

Fabregas is definitely better are you alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dahir123
Fabregas is definitely better are you alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He really shows his amazing skill on the bench...

Fabregas is clearly better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Fabregas is clearly better

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think, particularly his recent performances, that Modric has been absolutely quality for Madrid, he's just always overshadowed by Bale & Ronaldo.
Been some shockers recently; Pirlo over Xavi, Modric over Fabregas, anybody over Phil Jones, but Van Persie over Shevchenko takes the cake.

Original post by Mackay
Pirlo in his prime to be honest. Not sure that would be the most popular choice.

Yorke or Cole?

Cole.

Negredo or Mandzukic
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Been some shockers recently; Pirlo over Xavi, Modric over Fabregas, anybody over Phil Jones, but Van Persie over Shevchenko takes the cake.

Cole.

Negredo or Mandzukic

Pirlo is better than xavi just because he doesn't play for barca and isn't spanish doesn't mean he isn't better. He's better in dead ball situations, he's a better passer and a better shooter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dahir123
Pirlo is better than xavi just because he doesn't play for barca and isn't spanish doesn't mean he isn't better. He's better in dead ball situations, he's a better passer and a better shooter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pirlo in pure technical ability might have an edge over Xavi. But in terms of applying their skill-set into a football match, not many central midfielders in history can match Xavi. Xavi is the true puppet-master.

Negredo or Mandzukic

Negredo

Dzecko or Benteke
Reply 5831

I kne Pirlo over Xavi would be contentious, but I just love the way he plays the game and the longevity of his career. Xavi is an absolute puppet-master as you say, but Pirlo's passing range and ability to control games even in his twilight years just shades it for me. I've also seen him live, whereas I've never seen Barcelona, so that may have added to it.

As for yours....Negredo on current form.

Zaha or Ince?
Original post by Mackay
I kne Pirlo over Xavi would be contentious, but I just love the way he plays the game and the longevity of his career. Xavi is an absolute puppet-master as you say, but Pirlo's passing range and ability to control games even in his twilight years just shades it for me. I've also seen him live, whereas I've never seen Barcelona, so that may have added to it.

Good point about seeing him live. Watched Barcelona destroy us at Wembley. Made me admire their best players more. One thing holding Pirlo back is the fact that he's almost always had two box-to-box players doing his running for him, making his job a lot easier. But, as you say, Pirlo's range of passing is out of this world.
Zaha probs, barely seen Ince much tho

Tom Cleverley or your atypical 16 stone, hungover bricklayer playing pub football on Hackney Marshes this morning?
Original post by Twenty Three
Negredo

Dzecko or Benteke

Dzeko.

Cleverley.

Cleverley or Denilson
Cleverley.

Le Fondre or Jordan Rhodes.

fabregas has played more games than xavi and iniesta over the last 3 seasons not really a bench warmer is he
Original post by baconbutty
fabregas has played more games than xavi and iniesta over the last 3 seasons not really a bench warmer is he

Well go suck him off then, why do you care so much?
Well go suck him off then, why do you care so much?

say that to my face n not online n see what happens
Reply 5839
Good point about seeing him live. Watched Barcelona destroy us at Wembley. Made me admire their best players more. One thing holding Pirlo back is the fact that he's almost always had two box-to-box players doing his running for him, making his job a lot easier. But, as you say, Pirlo's range of passing is out of this world.

I watched Pirlo against Celtic back in 04/05 and he was just mind-bendingly good. Gattuso was an absolute thug, though, and it didn't help he'd been at Rangers. I've seldom seen a more irritating player. Peoiple talk about the likes of Suarez and Barton being wind up merchants, but he took the cake. Kaka unfortunately didn't play in the game I was at so I never got the treat of seeing him live, but Milan in those days were just imperious for such an aging squad.

I know that we would beat them in the final but, Christ, they played the best half of football I've ever witnessed in that first 45 minutes in Istanbul. We weren't even that bad - we had a few half-chances and could have had a penalty, but they were so incisive and Pirlo/Kaka were untouchable.

I'd love to have seen Xavi. Maybe one day...there's still time!

Quick Reply

Latest