The Student Room Group

International Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
For all the Canadians out there, why did you decide to apply to the UK and are you applying from high school or from uni?
Reply 141
King's anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Canadian with Kings gep interview on jan 6, still waiting for a result :frown:
Reply 143
Nottingham anyone?
Original post by franngu
King's anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you hear anything today from Kings?..:mad:...As this wait is killing ......
Reply 145
Original post by franngu
King's anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got an invitation for 5 year interview yesterday.
Original post by ukmed108
For all the Canadians out there, why did you decide to apply to the UK and are you applying from high school or from uni?

I am applying from high school in order to save the time I would use during undergrad to study in the UK instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Anyone here got an interview offer from Keel?
Reply 148
Anyone heard from Keel? Is it too late to have any hope?
Reply 149
Original post by momoshakeel
I am applying from high school in order to save the time I would use during undergrad to study in the UK instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, same as me. Where are you applying again and where are you from in Canada? Do you hope to practice in Canada or US or UK or elsewhere?
Original post by ukmed108
Nice, same as me. Where are you applying again and where are you from in Canada? Do you hope to practice in Canada or US or UK or elsewhere?

I am applying to leicester,keele,Aberdeen, and Southampton. I got rejected from Aberdeen but got an interview from Leicester. Waiting from keele and Southampton. I am from Kitchener Ontario. I hope to practice in Canada after but I will be writing my step 1 in my second year. This is to keep my options as open as they can be, then I will decide as time goes by. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 151
I am applying to leicester,keele,Aberdeen, and Southampton. I got rejected from Aberdeen but got an interview from Leicester. Waiting from keele and Southampton. I am from Kitchener Ontario. I hope to practice in Canada after but I will be writing my step 1 in my second year. This is to keep my options as open as they can be, then I will decide as time goes by. How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice, i'm in 2nd year at St Andrews. Same hoping to practice in North America as well. good luck with your applications.
Reply 152
when is your Leicester interview? What was your UKCAT score/ if you dont mind. I am an international student waiting for interview invite from Leicester and Kings. Got rejected by Oxford post interview and Nottingham W/.O interview.
Original post by skjsy
when is your Leicester interview? What was your UKCAT score/ if you dont mind. I am an international student waiting for interview invite from Leicester and Kings. Got rejected by Oxford post interview and Nottingham W/.O interview.

My interview is February 18th in the afternoon. My ukcat score was 2800. Best of luck with your applications !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
My interview is February 18th in the afternoon. My ukcat score was 2800. Best of luck with your applications !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Best of luck to you !!
Reply 155
Original post by inviable

I didn't see anyone with Keele interview yet,,.,including myself. :frown:
Reply 156
Original post by madgene
I didn't see anyone with Keele interview yet,,.,including myself. :frown:

Hey I'm from Vancouver and I haven't heard from Keele either yet! Its annoying because I'm flying all the way to Queens Belfast for an interview this month and I still don't have a decision from Keele. What is your situation right now? Any offers?
Best of luck
Reply 157
Original post by xoxoRosie
Hey I'm from Vancouver and I haven't heard from Keele either yet! Its annoying because I'm flying all the way to Queens Belfast for an interview this month and I still don't have a decision from Keele. What is your situation right now? Any offers?
Best of luck

I applied to three medical schools, had an interview with one of them and rejection from one pre-interview, and waiting for Keele. Yes I heard that is a big problem for international students, like their interviews are in two separate months and they sometimes have to travel twice? which is very costly. But I've seen people where they ask one of their unis to move their interview date saying that they are internationals and it is difficult for them to make two trips! Maybe you can call Keele and explain your situation and see what they say? Like you can maybe ask if they are at least planning on calling you for an interview in the near future! It wasn't a problem for me because when I had one interview (Liverpool :smile: ) they came to Asia and I just had to fly an hour to get there only. :smile: Goodluck to you as well! especially for your interview! :biggrin:
Reply 158
Original post by madgene
I applied to three medical schools, had an interview with one of them and rejection from one pre-interview, and waiting for Keele. Yes I heard that is a big problem for international students, like their interviews are in two separate months and they sometimes have to travel twice? which is very costly. But I've seen people where they ask one of their unis to move their interview date saying that they are internationals and it is difficult for them to make two trips! Maybe you can call Keele and explain your situation and see what they say? Like you can maybe ask if they are at least planning on calling you for an interview in the near future! It wasn't a problem for me because when I had one interview (Liverpool :smile: ) they came to Asia and I just had to fly an hour to get there only. :smile: Goodluck to you as well! especially for your interview! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot! I will try emailing Keele. Best of luck
Original post by inviable

I got an interview from Keele which I attended on the 8th of January 2014. There is definitely still hope as they still have 100 interviews to carry out. Good luck and wish you all the best :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending