The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Hi, I would like to know what is the standard for calculation for Leicester's MMI? Is it AS math? Or A2 math? Or just math in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RuciraO
Hi, I would like to know what is the standard for calculation for Leicester's MMI? Is it AS math? Or A2 math? Or just math in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just math in general. It's not really a level syllabus just involves a bit of thinking about what they want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2302
Original post by RuciraO

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just general maths, I thought the questions were quite ukcat style if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2303
Original post by Keeks52
Just general maths, I thought the questions were quite ukcat style if that makes sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it does! Thanks!
Reply 2304
Original post by Amyk89
Just math in general. It's not really a level syllabus just involves a bit of thinking about what they want

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much!
Original post by medical nurse
I got invited for interview 14 days before it took place with Keele. They said it would be at least 4 weeks before they gave us a decision. Someone said they'd contacted Leicester and they said all interviews have been given out.

I'm not sure if this is the done thing on here, if it isn't then just ignore this bit but if this is acceptable...is it worth posting up your personal statement for comment?

No-one will obviously re-write it for you but sometimes having someone who is not involved can sometimes see what may be holding you back. I could potentially highlight an area and say "re-write this part" or "expand" or something similar if that is allowed. My first thoughts though are what course are you applying for, 5 year or GEP and what are your grades, subjects and recent UKCAT score? If they're highly competitive then it may just be others had better grades unfortunately. It's not easy being rejected but it may heighten your passion to do medicine, give you more time to improve your application and build on important qualities to be a good doctor.

Am a grad. MPharm. 2 years work in hospital.
have tonnes of people read my PS, plus I put alot of effort on it. I dont think its my PS.
I think my UKCAT wasn't the competitive.

I think i have been rejected although i haven't received anything yet.
Hey guys,
Does anyone know when the next batch of offers will be given?
I had my interview on the 28th of January.
Original post by purple and gold
Hey guys,

Unless they said at your interview that Jan people could hear within a month like they did for the December people I think the remaining offers Will all be given in march
Original post by Dr. Django
Unless they said at your interview that Jan people could hear within a month like they did for the December people I think the remaining offers Will all be given in march

Hi,
They said that you could hear back in 4 weeks but if not then by march.
Original post by purple and gold
Hey guys,

I had my interview on 28th Jan too. What time was yours? I was in 3:45pm slot. (The last slot of that day)
I had my Interview 29th jan n they said u could hear back within 4 weeks else end of march!
Original post by walkers38
I had my interview on 28th Jan too. What time was yours? I was in 3:45pm slot. (The last slot of that day)

Mine was on at 10:15 ,the middle one :smile:.
Basically, if you haven't heard anything from Leicester at this point is it game over?
Reply 2313
Original post by JAS101101
Basically, if you haven't heard anything from Leicester at this point is it game over?

Sorry Jas but it's looking that way now :frown:
Hope Nottingham goes well for you :smile:
Original post by Ama2007
Am a grad. MPharm. 2 years work in hospital.
have tonnes of people read my PS, plus I put alot of effort on it. I dont think its my PS.
I think my UKCAT wasn't the competitive.

I think i have been rejected although i haven't received anything yet.

To get interviews your UKCAT appears to be fine :smile:. Hopefully one of the interviews will come back with positive news. Where did you apply to?
Original post by medical nurse
To get interviews your UKCAT appears to be fine :smile:. Hopefully one of the interviews will come back with positive news. Where did you apply to?

lol I havent had any interviews this year. I applied to Leeds Leicester, dundee, SGUL
Original post by Dr Gin
Sorry Jas but it's looking that way now :frown:
Hope Nottingham goes well for you :smile:

Thanks, looks like it's going to be my only shot. :frown:
I just dont understand, if they've given all interviews, they might as well reject everyone else. They clearly havent done that yet so you never know, a miracle could happen.
Original post by sweetaholic6
I just dont understand, if they've given all interviews, they might as well reject everyone else. They clearly havent done that yet so you never know, a miracle could happen.

Hopefully they havent given it all out. Still hoping and waiting for a miracle!
Rejected. Game over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending