The Student Room Group

past paper revision from different examining boards?

Hi,

I'm taking A2 OCR physics and I was wondering how useful doing past papers from other examining boards would be (how much over lap there would be in the syllabuses).

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by so it goes
Hi,

I'm taking A2 OCR physics and I was wondering how useful doing past papers from other examining boards would be (how much over lap there would be in the syllabuses).

I did OCR Physics and found that the OCR legacy papers were far more useful than papers from othe boards. Other than the maths bits there can be quite a big difference in how written questions are asked and marked between boards.
Hi,

Hi,
I think it would be quite useful because doing papers from other examining boards would gain you experience about how other boards' examiners think while setting questions! Which could help you in overcoming nervous breakdown during an exam and make you feel more confident, Because by then you'll have an idea of what you could be asked for. :smile:
Before your physics exam if you know all the stuffs from your examining board and others as well, just think how much good you will feel within! Also it's an advantage if you have quite a lot of time before your exam. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by alow
I did OCR Physics and found that the OCR legacy papers were far more useful than papers from othe boards. Other than the maths bits there can be quite a big difference in how written questions are asked and marked between boards.

Ahh, thank you :biggrin: I was thinking that was probably the case :smile:

Just to check, when you say "legacy papers" are they just normal OCR past papers? Also, do you happen to know where I could download all OCR past papers as a single zip file?

Thanks again :smile:

p.s. sorry I can't give your message a thumbs up, I've given you a thumbs up too recently so tsr isn't letting me :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Nora R. Chloe
Hi,
I think it would be quite useful because doing papers from other examining boards would gain you experience about how other boards' examiners think while setting questions! Which could help you in overcoming nervous breakdown during an exam and make you feel more confident, Because by then you'll have an idea of what you could be asked for. :smile:
Before your physics exam if you know all the stuffs from your examining board and others as well, just think how much good you will feel within! Also it's an advantage if you have quite a lot of time before your exam. :smile:

That's a good point, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 5
Ahh, thank you :biggrin: I was thinking that was probably the case :smile:

Just to check, when you say "legacy papers" are they just normal OCR past papers? Also, do you happen to know where I could download all OCR past papers as a single zip file?

Thanks again :smile:

p.s. sorry I can't give your message a thumbs up, I've given you a thumbs up too recently so tsr isn't letting me :P

Legacy papers are the papers from the previous OCR physics spec. AFAIK you'll have to download them all individually.
That's a good point, thank you :biggrin:

You are welcome! :smile: :smile:
anyone have any experience with legacy papers from A level law AQA? are they any good???????
Reply 8
Original post by neal95
anyone have any experience with legacy papers from A level law AQA? are they any good???????

I'm sorry, I don't take law :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by alow
Legacy papers are the papers from the previous OCR physics spec. AFAIK you'll have to download them all individually.

Ahh, okay, thank you!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest