The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unnati212
Rejected. Game over.

When did you get the rejection? via email or UCAS?
Original post by Dr Shillingout
When did you get the rejection? via email or UCAS?

15 minutes ago via UCAS track.
15 minutes ago via UCAS track.

I am really sorry to hear that...I will be refreshing my UCAS for a rejection as well...:s-smilie:
I am really sorry to hear that...I will be refreshing my UCAS for a rejection as well...:s-smilie:

Ah no worries, I have been accepted to do medicine abroad so still happy :smile: Good luck with your application!
Ah no worries, I have been accepted to do medicine abroad so still happy :smile: Good luck with your application!

You had a great backup plan..NICE.. which part of the world are you going to study medicine? :smile:
You had a great backup plan..NICE.. which part of the world are you going to study medicine? :smile:

St Georges University, Grenada. Check it out, its awesome!

It looks fantastic... only about another 4k more to study over there....I am sure you will have brill time...Enjoy....
It looks fantastic... only about another 4k more to study over there....I am sure you will have brill time...Enjoy....

Slightly more than 4K.. I'm a graduate, I will be going straight onto the MD program. Thank God there are scholarships. Am I the only victim of rejection today?

There was a talk about that at Medlink, it looked great but so expensive!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2329
Slightly more than 4K.. I'm a graduate, I will be going straight onto the MD program. Thank God there are scholarships. Am I the only victim of rejection today?

Hey,

How did you manage to get scholarships for SGU? (Also, did your scholarships come from the UK?) I've also applied there, but I'm looking for ways to cover the cost. Any help would be much appreciated ! Thank you :smile:
Original post by KishyBee
Hey,

How did you manage to get scholarships for SGU? (Also, did your scholarships come from the UK?) I've also applied there, but I'm looking for ways to cover the cost. Any help would be much appreciated ! Thank you :smile:

Check out their scholarships page http://www.sgu.edu/financial-services/sgu-som-scholarships.html

The scholarship comes from the university - you can apply for as many as u like (which are applicable to you of course). Where are you with your application? Have you had your interview yet? Have you applied to the August class?
Reply 2331
Sorry about your rejection. How hard is it to get onto the SGU course? As competitive as in Britain? Do you do an interview in Grenada?
Original post by MC5
Sorry about your rejection. How hard is it to get onto the SGU course? As competitive as in Britain? Do you do an interview in Grenada?

It depends on your application to be fair. What are your stats? are you a graduate or school leaver? You can do an interview in Grenada if you want but I had mine in the UK just for convenience. Are you considering applying there?
Reply 2333
Check out their scholarships page http://www.sgu.edu/financial-services/sgu-som-scholarships.html

The scholarship comes from the university - you can apply for as many as u like (which are applicable to you of course). Where are you with your application? Have you had your interview yet? Have you applied to the August class?

Have you received a scholarship then or are you still in the process of applying for one? :smile:
Original post by PG593
Have you received a scholarship then or are you still in the process of applying for one? :smile:

I'm in the process of applying. The deadline is not until June anyway so there is no rush.
Reply 2335
I'm in the process of applying. The deadline is not until June anyway so there is no rush.

Well that potentially will be a backup plan for me too, hopefully it doesn't come to that but good luck with the application there, the process and website looked very simple and comprehensive :wink:
Reply 2336

Thanks ! That's really helpful! I'll have a look tonight. I'm at the interview stage, submitted my application and all those bits, just waiting for my interview and then hopefully admission for the August 2014 class. :smile:
Original post by KishyBee
Thanks ! That's really helpful! I'll have a look tonight. I'm at the interview stage, submitted my application and all those bits, just waiting for my interview and then hopefully admission for the August 2014 class. :smile:

When is your interview? Yay hopefully I'll see you in August. Keep in touch :smile: btw how is ur UK application going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2338
Rejected. Game over.

Did you have a December interview?
Considering that the last interview dates on their website for the A100 course are the 18th19th February, should I just automatically assume rejection? I got a score of 57.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending