The Student Room Group

Physics 2014 Entry Hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1640
Original post by adi19956
Ooo a fellow applicant! Should we be nervous?

Yay! By the sounds of it no... seems quite calm :smile:
Original post by amylilac
Has anyone applied to Bristol? I have a "pre offer open day" on march 6th and was wondering if anyone on here is going to be there/has had one?

I had mine in November, send me a message/quote me if you want to know anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1642
Original post by LucyW456
In Physics I got 54/60 ums in coursework, and then 120/120 in both of the written papers in the summer
then in Maths I got 93/100 in C1, 97/100 in C2 and 84/100 in M1
When did you apply exactly?

Wow, nice one! I applied around 18th december. My maths let me down so i doubt i will get an offer anyway.
So far I have a conditional for physics at Aberdeen and a rejection for astrophysics at Glasgow. This waiting is killing me, I just want to know!!!
Reply 1644
Original post by sessess

Original post by athene7
Yay! By the sounds of it no... seems quite calm :smile:

Oh that's a relief! Just like Sheffield then. I'm glad they talk about your personal statement though, the guy who interviewed me at Sheffield didn't seem to know the slightest thing about me...

Do you know if anyone got offered AAA? It says on their website that that's a standard offer, that and A*AA, but I got told that their standard offer is A*AA in their letter to me :what:

It's a devil to get to for me. No direct train line :frown: not too long though, about 4.5 hours to Nottingham train station
Reply 1645
Original post by Aleac
Congrats! Do you mind me asking what is your UMS in physics/maths? Sent mine away before christmas and no word :frown:

I sent my application to Durham along with all the Oxbridge people and I haven't heard anything yet either :-( thou I applied to do physics and philosophy. I think they give all the amazing people offers straight away and then wait till around feb to give out the rest.

Has anyone heard from Bristol to do physics/physics and philosophy??
Original post by hjonesy
I sent my application to Durham along with all the Oxbridge people and I haven't heard anything yet either :-( thou I applied to do physics and philosophy. I think they give all the amazing people offers straight away and then wait till around feb to give out the rest.

I sent my application off for straight physics around the end of September and had an interview followed straight away by an offer from Bristol in the start of December and I finally had an offer back from Durham on Monday :smile: I don't think there's any truth in the theory that the hearing later means you're less likely to get in so just wait and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by hjonesy

I applied for PhysPhil at the start of October to Durham as well - I got an offer around the end of November/start of December :-) not Bristol, but hello fellow PhysPhil - our numbers are limited! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1648
I got a Conditional offer for Physics with a preliminary year at Cardiff, I have to get A at AS Physics and an A at A Level Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1649
Original post by Tamnet11
I got a Conditional offer for Physics with a preliminary year at Cardiff, I have to get A at AS Physics and an A at A Level Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile:
my imperial offer is A*A*A, very cheeky indeed :beard:
Reply 1651
Original post by scottylar
my imperial offer is A*A*A, very cheeky indeed :beard:

Well done! Have you decided where you're going to firm?
Reply 1652
Original post by theshinnbin
I sent my application off for straight physics around the end of September and had an interview followed straight away by an offer from Bristol in the start of December and I finally had an offer back from Durham on Monday :smile: I don't think there's any truth in the theory that the hearing later means you're less likely to get in so just wait and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon. Best of luck! :smile:

Hello i have an interview on March 13th in Bristol for physics. I've heard that there is a test as well as the interview, is this true if so any tips? Thanks!
So I've got a couple of rejections so far and I know why, because my AS grades were pretty poor.

What are the chances of 4 year Physics courses being in clearing?
Reply 1654
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
So I've got a couple of rejections so far and I know why, because my AS grades were pretty poor.

What are the chances of 4 year Physics courses being in clearing?

Depends where you would be applying to. It doesn't really matter if they're 4 year courses, you would be able to switch over during or after the first year anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by alow
Depends where you would be applying to. It doesn't really matter if they're 4 year courses, you would be able to switch over during or after the first year anyway.

The problem is that I've already done a year at uni before, so I think initially starting a 3 year degree would cause problems with student finance if I wanted to change to a 4 year one whilst already there.
Hi guys,

Anyone else wanting to go to st andrews? Ive got an unconditional and am seriously considering going there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else waiting on Bristol to reply, it feels like I've been waiting forever :frown:
I've just received an offer from UCL. AAB. Reaally confused though as I've got an interview on Wednesday? I called them and they confirmed the offer is correct but I've still got to go on Wednesday. Has this happened to anybody else?
Reply 1659
Original post by emilyrose24
I've just received an offer from UCL. AAB. Reaally confused though as I've got an interview on Wednesday? I called them and they confirmed the offer is correct but I've still got to go on Wednesday. Has this happened to anybody else?

It will probably be more like an offer holders open day with an informal chat than an interview if you already have an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending