The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tara8000

Sidney sussex is best college :wink:

It's definitely up there for me!

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Geography was the most boring thing ever :lol: so easy too...

Oh that's annoying! I'd have done another GCSE language instead of that! You can practise with me if you like :biggrin:

And yes! I did, resitting C3 though because it was a disaster (well an A but I thought I had full marks in that:colonhash: so need the A*)

Geography's easy to understand but I don't particularly find it boring. That said, I am dropping it at the end of this year. :tongue:

Haha, I'd be up for practising French but I think that your knowledge would be vastly superior to mine. :colondollar:

At least you have the chance to resit C3. Would be annoying if you'd done it in Year 13 and then you wouldn't really have been able to redo it. An A is really good, but I can see you'd want to try and do better! I know I would. :smile: Any tips for the Core modules? I'm aiming for as close to 100 UMS as I can, so if I drop marks in Mechanics it's not so much of a problem. :biggrin:

Original post by Bude8
Subject Masterclasses 2014

Subject Masterclasses are aimed at academically able Year 12 students from any school/college. They are subject-specific classes, which offer students a true flavour of undergraduate study and an introduction to the University of Cambridge.

Fair enough, but my teacher seemed to be implying that our school was somehow elligible to apply for these masterclasses. We had to get our letters in by this Friday, but if you can find anything about it online then you'll have done better than me!
Original post by drowninginsound
It's definitely up there for me!

Geography's easy to understand but I don't particularly find it boring. That said, I am dropping it at the end of this year. :tongue:

Haha, I'd be up for practising French but I think that your knowledge would be vastly superior to mine. :colondollar:

At least you have the chance to resit C3. Would be annoying if you'd done it in Year 13 and then you wouldn't really have been able to redo it. An A is really good, but I can see you'd want to try and do better! I know I would. :smile: Any tips for the Core modules? I'm aiming for as close to 100 UMS as I can, so if I drop marks in Mechanics it's not so much of a problem. :biggrin:

Fair enough, but my teacher seemed to be implying that our school was somehow elligible to apply for these masterclasses. We had to get our letters in by this Friday, but if you can find anything about it online then you'll have done better than me!

Its an easy A tbh.

:nah: I'd get you up to my level!

Tips...

Take your time
C1 do not make arithmetic mistakes!
Make sure you know your concepts
Original post by LadyJina
I went to the Cambridge Shadowing scheme 2 weeks ago. Best time of my life! I stayed at Newham College and shadowed a history student! XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

HEY! I did too! Though I went a week ago :tongue: 30 jan-1 Feb, stayed at Sidney Sussex following a theology student, omg it was the best(despite wanting to be a philosopher ;p ) :biggrin:

Did you apply for the summer school?

What things have people applied for? I've applied for so many omg x.x very excited!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8643
Posted from TSR Mobile

HEY! I did too! Though I went a week ago :tongue: 30 jan-1 Feb, stayed at Sidney Sussex following a theology student, omg it was the best(despite wanting to be a philosopher ;p ) :biggrin:

Did you apply for the summer school?

What things have people applied for? I've applied for so many omg x.x very excited!!!

Oh wow! How was that? What things did you do?

Oh I didn't realise Cambridge has a summer school! :redface: Is there a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its an easy A tbh.

:nah: I'd get you up to my level!

Tips...

Take your time
C1 do not make arithmetic mistakes!
Make sure you know your concepts

Well it would be nice to get my French back up to speed. :biggrin: And Spanish too, haven't looked at that in months. :eek:

Thanks - arithmetic mistakes are most definitely my downfall! Longer, trickier questions I'm fine with, but it's a guarantee I'll make some stupid mistake in one of the first questions. :colondollar:
Original post by LadyJina
Oh wow! How was that? What things did you do?

Oh I didn't realise Cambridge has a summer school! :redface: Is there a link?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I did so much, ancient Greek lecture for first year theology on thurs; first year philosophy lecture, second year theology lecture, theology supervision, subject mixer for philosophy, first year history of maths lecture AND the non pub pub quiz (also bought a hoodie for a tenner) on Friday, and then I stayed behind until six in Cambridge after it ended and bought books and souvenirs :biggrin: omg wbu?

And yeah! The Sutton trust summer school! I didnt know it was possible not to hear of it :redface: google gogoggo(can't link as on phone) there's also oxford UNIQ open!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it would be nice to get my French back up to speed. :biggrin: And Spanish too, haven't looked at that in months. :eek:

Thanks - arithmetic mistakes are most definitely my downfall! Longer, trickier questions I'm fine with, but it's a guarantee I'll make some stupid mistake in one of the first questions. :colondollar:

Yeah, PM me then :smile: I can try and help with both!

Yeah haha, it is always the arithmetic in C1 :colone:

Got a C3 paper back today that a maths teacher marked, 100% :woo: doing another now.. (Well did it)
Tbh, I'll probably end up taking some biochemistry inclined modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a C3 paper back today that a maths teacher marked, 100% :woo: doing another now.. (Well did it)

Cool! Well I'm just off to a music lesson but I'll PM you when I get back. :smile:

Well done, that's awesome! I got 100% in an FP1 mock I did today. :biggrin:

What did you get in C3 C4 last summer?
Cool! Well I'm just off to a music lesson but I'll PM you when I get back. :smile:

Well done, that's awesome! I got 100% in an FP1 mock I did today. :biggrin:

Okay :biggrin: have fun!

Well done :colone: lets hope we can produce the same in the actual exams!

Original post by Red Fox
What did you get in C3 C4 last summer?

83 and 93 respectively :frown:
Okay :biggrin: have fun!

Well done :colone: lets hope we can produce the same in the actual exams!

83 and 93 respectively :frown:

Still impressive for a year 11. Two more marks probably would have done it? Tough one to take:tongue:
So no-one has ever got 100 UMS in a C1 or C2 exam in my school:lol:, sounds promising.
Original post by Red Fox
Still impressive for a year 11. Two more marks probably would have done it? Tough one to take:tongue:

Two raw marks would have been an A* yeah :tongue:
Two raw marks would have been an A* yeah :tongue:

Have you got most posts on TSR yet? Highest I've ever seen(except you) is around 42k:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
So no-one has ever got 100 UMS in a C1 or C2 exam in my school:lol:, sounds promising.

Dw you can do it! :smile:
Reply 8656
Omg I did so much, ancient Greek lecture for first year theology on thurs; first year philosophy lecture, second year theology lecture, theology supervision, subject mixer for philosophy, first year history of maths lecture AND the non pub pub quiz (also bought a hoodie for a tenner) on Friday, and then I stayed behind until six in Cambridge after it ended and bought books and souvenirs :biggrin: omg wbu?

And yeah! The Sutton trust summer school! I didnt know it was possible not to hear of it :redface: google gogoggo(can't link as on phone) there's also oxford UNIQ open!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wowowowow! You did a lot! A lot! I just visited two lextures, one on the end of the French empire and the second on History and political thought... Something like that! In terms of activities, I visited the ADC theatre at midnight and watched a brilliant production. We also went to the non-pub pub quiz and came 5th haha which was good considering my group was made up on linguists and trinity college guys who studied irrelevant subjects (to the quiz).,. We also went to the student union debate place and it was awesome! During the debate my school was mentioned and i was fangirling slightly. Dinner at St johns was good too and my mentor does a show at the Cam FM so i got to go there and speak live (it was terrifying!)... I considered buying the hoodie but thought people would think it's weird since i'm not a student so i bought glasses and antique clocks and willy wonka chocolate. All in all it was amazing, i had 2 other mentees living with me right at the top and we'd have midnight feasts and everything.

Oh. I'm not feeling too favourable towards the sutton trust. :frown: I missed their deadline for their american school and asked if i could have an extension but was declined. :frown: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dw you can do it! :smile:

C1 is too easy to make silly mistakes on and not too sure on C2. My teacher has had a student with 100 in M1 for every year he's taught it so I need to try and carry his record on haha:biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
Have you got most posts on TSR yet? Highest I've ever seen(except you) is around 42k:tongue:

One day :colone:

Maybe tbh
One day :colone:

Maybe tbh

How's Chem and Physics going?

Latest