The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I'm unsure if you're saying that's a good thing or a bad thing:lol:. My Physics teacher said AQA is harder.

Meant to be a sad face :lol:

Can't say I'd know :tongue:
Reply 8681
ahhhh going through an FP1 paper tomorrow :s-smilie: should also hopefully finish M2 next week so i can do an exam over half term, there is yet hope :redface: :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Well my schools science results have improved quite a bit since switching to OCR from AQA. I might start doing some science papers soon but we have only done like 40% of unit 1 chem, need to start doing some of it myself if I wanna get a decent grade:tongue:
Original post by LadyJina
:frown: I'm so jealous! If you get accepted live my dreams for me! :frown: Argh! Are there any other summer schemes i should know about? I'm part of kings college K+ but i don't think i'll be too keen to attend their summer programme. Hmm..

Posted from TSR Mobile

what is this kings college K+? :redface: well, all the ones ive applied for are closed (durham insight, smf residentials, cusu ss, st us programme) except the st summer schools and oxford UNIQ

Original post by Red Fox
A lot of physics mechanics is in M1 it will be fairly easy for you if you can do the physics stuff and leave D1 alone it gets too much hate:tongue:.

Wow a lot of A-Levels there. I'm doing Maths (C1-4 M1 S1), Further Maths (FP1 D1 M2 and unsure on A2 modules), Physics and Chemistry. Wanted to do History but my school made me drop 1 of my 5 on the first day of school after previously saying I could do them all:frown:.

I'm a (relatively) new member:tongue:

haha :tongue: I had to fight so hard for 5 :x I was going to go behind the careers advisor's back and do art and French on the side, but she caught me out and told those teachers not to enter me, which is kinda good looking back x)

Original post by LadyJina
Hey, which exam board did you do for RS and what areas? I do OCR and study Islam and New Testament Studies... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahhh, I think we were OCR too? we did the abortion part of the medical ethics paper thing 50% of mark, and then the philosophy and ethics questions (on the options form the school called it philosophy and ethics, when it was really just religious studies with the philosophy and ethics questions x.x) I don't remember the course that much tbf, it was self taught and two years ago xP
Original post by techno836
ahhhh going through an FP1 paper tomorrow :s-smilie: should also hopefully finish M2 next week so i can do an exam over half term, there is yet hope :redface: :lol:

Is that all 3 finished then? I got 61 on an FP1 paper so not too bad. We've done about half of M2 but circular motion seems boring and long:frown:
Original post by tara8000

haha :tongue: I had to fight so hard for 5 :x I was going to go behind the careers advisor's back and do art and French on the side, but she caught me out and told those teachers not to enter me, which is kinda good looking back x)

I was motivated to do 5 but when my year head told me I couldn't do 5 I lost the motivation a bit and didn't fight it at all really:redface:
Reply 8686
Original post by Red Fox
Is that all 3 finished then? I got 61 on an FP1 paper so not too bad. We've done about half of M2 but circular motion seems boring and long:frown:

I don't do circular motion in MEI ? hasn't been in M1 or M2 :smile:

yep next week i will have finished all 3, in FP1 we just have to proof by induction, which apparently is easy and just remembering a long process :smile: i got 48/72 on one before ( though we skipped 12 marks because we haven't done Proof by induction yet :-) )
Original post by Red Fox
I was motivated to do 5 but when my year head told me I couldn't do 5 I lost the motivation a bit and didn't fight it at all really:redface:

I feel ya :tongue:, just use it as an opportunity to do extra good in the four you did get to do! :biggrin:
I don't do circular motion in MEI ? hasn't been in M1 or M2 :smile:

yep next week i will have finished all 3, in FP1 we just have to proof by induction, which apparently is easy and just remembering a long process :smile: i got 48/72 on one before ( though we skipped 12 marks because we haven't done Proof by induction yet :-) )

Proof by induction is FP2(?) on AQA I think and moments are pretty annoying in M2 also:tongue:

OCR are worst for mark schemes, they just seem to slip random bits in, it's like it for chem too! Hi guys btw, just found this, to think we could be fighting for the same place next year!
I feel ya :tongue:, just use it as an opportunity to do extra good in the four you did get to do! :biggrin:

Dropped the wrong one though, should have gave Chemistry the chop not History:rolleyes:
Reply 8691
Original post by Red Fox
Proof by induction is FP2(?) on AQA I think and moments are pretty annoying in M2 also:tongue:

no, on MEI its FP1 :-( ... i've looked at exams and its worth like 6-9 marks a question and some exams there are 2 questions which i guess can be nice :lol: :O
Original post by Futuremedic2096
OCR are worst for mark schemes, they just seem to slip random bits in, it's like it for chem too! Hi guys btw, just found this, to think we could be fighting for the same place next year!

welcome to this thread of wonder! tell us about yourself!:biggrin:

Original post by Red Fox
Dropped the wrong one though, should have gave Chemistry the chop not History:rolleyes:

haha, what do you wanna do at uni? :smile:
Original post by Red Fox
Well my schools science results have improved quite a bit since switching to OCR from AQA. I might start doing some science papers soon but we have only done like 40% of unit 1 chem, need to start doing some of it myself if I wanna get a decent grade:tongue:

Fair enough!

We've done unit 1, doing unit 2 now.

Yeah,I mean chem, not physics!
Reply 8694

Best of luck to ya! :top2: :hat2:
Ha ha! I'm 17 and studying Maths and the three sciences, was annoyingly forced on day 1 to drop history because they weren't allowing people to do five! My lifelong ambition is to study medicine! :colondollar: Loathing S1 revision at the moment!

ha ha hit
Fair enough!

We've done unit 1, doing unit 2 now.

Yeah,I mean chem, not physics!

We've done unit 2 pretty much just a few bits left. The organic chemistry stuff is alright but energy and resources I find a bit dreary:tongue:
ha ha hit

cool cool hello hello have you applied for any interesting residentials? :smile:
no, on MEI its FP1 :-( ... i've looked at exams and its worth like 6-9 marks a question and some exams there are 2 questions which i guess can be nice :lol: :O

Yeah I wasn't arguing that fact just saying I don't have to do it:cool:. Easiest part of FP1 is series, they give you the formulae so it's just rearrange for some free marks:biggrin:

I have no clue (possibly economics or mechanical engineering), what about you?:smile:

Latest