The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge Hill Secondary PGCE 2014

So I've accepted to start my Secondary Geography PGCE course at Edge Hill to start in September 2014 and it would be cool to get to know people who are also doing PGCE's and the Geography course especially :smile:

How's everyone feeling about starting the course? I personally cannot wait!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I'm starting PGCE in September for secondary science! although they gave me an offer on the day, it still hasn't officially updated yet. How long did it take for you to receive your offer?
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 31ruecambon_
Hey, I'm starting PGCE in September for secondary science! although they gave me an offer on the day, it still hasn't officially updated yet. How long did it take for you to receive your offer?

Hey!! I have an offer on the Secondary Science course too! I think you were at my interview.. 5/2/14? My UCAS hasn't updated either ;/
Original post by lauren6210
Hey!! I have an offer on the Secondary Science course too! I think you were at my interview.. 5/2/14? My UCAS hasn't updated either ;/

Ahh yes! the only physicist :P I knew you would get an offer your presentation was brilliant. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Reply 4
Ahh yes! the only physicist :P I knew you would get an offer your presentation was brilliant. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Haha thank you, so was yours!! I am terrible with names, but the english girl who was doing Chemistry also got a place!! Is yours conditional? I have to spend 5 more days in a school and complete a summer top up course thing for chemistry.
Haha thank you, so was yours!! I am terrible with names, but the english girl who was doing Chemistry also got a place!! Is yours conditional? I have to spend 5 more days in a school and complete a summer top up course thing for chemistry.

Oh that's good! to be honest I thought everyone was very good, wouldn't be surprised if they all did. Yeah, they didn't say anything about school experience, but I also have to do chemistry. So once again, I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. It's going to be hectic because my Msc lasts until 30th August, eeeek.
Reply 6
Oh that's good! to be honest I thought everyone was very good, wouldn't be surprised if they all did. Yeah, they didn't say anything about school experience, but I also have to do chemistry. So once again, I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. It's going to be hectic because my Msc lasts until 30th August, eeeek.

Wow your going to be very busy!! I emailed the admission people the other day and they said that they haven't received any decision paper work from the guy yet, Bernard? Or whoever he was haha hopefully he's just being lazy and that he hasn't changed his minds about us :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear :/ I am a bit worried about that too! maybe he seen some better candidates haha. I would love it asap so I can sort out accommodation and what not. But if we both got offers on the day and are both waiting hopefully that's a good sign of laziness!
Reply 8
Oh dear :/ I am a bit worried about that too! maybe he seen some better candidates haha. I would love it asap so I can sort out accommodation and what not. But if we both got offers on the day and are both waiting hopefully that's a good sign of laziness!

Yer fingers crossed!! I want to get everything sorted haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yer fingers crossed!! I want to get everything sorted haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, have you heard anything back yet? I posted on the admissions facebook and emailed admissions haha. I pretty much got the same message back, the wait is annoying me :/
Reply 10
Hey, have you heard anything back yet? I posted on the admissions facebook and emailed admissions haha. I pretty much got the same message back, the wait is annoying me :/

Nope, I'm really starting to worry that they've changed their mind and given my place to someone else :/ I think we are meant to have heard their decision by 10 days after the interview which takes us up to tomorrow! Uuurrrrggghhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
The admissions staff told me it usually is a maximum of 5 days for the tutor to get back to them... well over 5 days now. I even emailed Bernard yesterday, but still haven't got a reply. It says on UCAS the deadline for your choices replying is 25th, I don't know what that means but I hope they get back to us before then!
Reply 12
The admissions staff told me it usually is a maximum of 5 days for the tutor to get back to them... well over 5 days now. I even emailed Bernard yesterday, but still haven't got a reply. It says on UCAS the deadline for your choices replying is 25th, I don't know what that means but I hope they get back to us before then!

Let me know if Bernard gets back to you :smile: it's starting to worry me. They said to me that if it's over 5 working days the admissions would chase up the course leader for the decision. I'm hoping he's just unorganised haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Secondary Geography too! :smile:
Let me know if Bernard gets back to you :smile: it's starting to worry me. They said to me that if it's over 5 working days the admissions would chase up the course leader for the decision. I'm hoping he's just unorganised haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will, and you let me know if you get your offer :smile: I'm going to try and forget about it until the 25th, and if we still don't have an offer by then, then I'll be panicking! haha
Reply 15
Nice to hear from you guys :smile:

What's everyone's thought on accommodation come September? Who's planning on living in the graduate halls on campus? Not sure whether to do that for ease or try find a private house/flat to live in!
Original post by stephanieks
Nice to hear from you guys :smile:

What's everyone's thought on accommodation come September? Who's planning on living in the graduate halls on campus? Not sure whether to do that for ease or try find a private house/flat to live in!

Hey, I asked about on campus halls and they said that they don't offer them for PGCE. I think I'm going to go for private halls in Liverpool :smile: alternately they send around an email with the names of everyone looking to rent!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woohooo! it finally came! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Woohooo! it finally came! :biggrin:

Me tooooo!!!! Whoop!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edge Hill Seem to take an age to get back to you, I've had to chase the individual course Tutors to get feedback..

I've now got to decide if to do Business Studies Edge hill, or Maths

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending