The Student Room Group

Fine Art Applicants and Universities 2014!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Friday!!! Whaaaat!
Reply 41
Mine was at least 15kg I swear, and very very bulky, had to get my boyfriend to carry it for me, poor thing. All they did was see if they could lift it, though, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Good luck :smile:

Glad they reply fairly quickly!
Reply 42
Also has anyone else got an interview/portfolio review from Chelsea?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Zoeah

I have :smile: on the 3rd March at 2:30. What about yourself?
Original post by Zoeah

Original post by AndyHoccom

Still nothing for me. :frown:
@AndyHoccom Congratulations! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 45
Yeah mines at the same time!
Reply 46
does anyone know how important the essay is for the goldsmiths application?
I'm struggling to find a good one/write a good one by Friday!
Original post by WhoKnew107
does anyone know how important the essay is for the goldsmiths application?
I'm struggling to find a good one/write a good one by Friday!

I wouldn't have thought it was that important. I just edited down the one I wrote for my A-Level Art. I think it's just to get a better idea of who you are/you're interests. I doubt you writing ability will matter much if you're just doing Fine Art, but it might be more important for the joint Art and Art History course.
Finally uploaded all my stuff for Goldsmiths. I didn't add any explanation about my pieces in the image list though, and now I'm wondering if I should have.

Had my portfolio inspection at Slade yesterday, they actually weighed mine but luckily it was only 10kg. It's so depressing seeing all those portfolios go up in the lift on a luggage carrier.

Got an interview at Kingston on the 5th March though. :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by HelveticaBold
Finally uploaded all my stuff for Goldsmiths. I didn't add any explanation about my pieces in the image list though, and now I'm wondering if I should have.

Had my portfolio inspection at Slade yesterday, they actually weighed mine but luckily it was only 10kg. It's so depressing seeing all those portfolios go up in the lift on a luggage carrier.

Got an interview at Kingston on the 5th March though. :smile:

Well done for Kingston!

Yeah I know, I handed in Slade on monday and it was so nerve wracking. They had a good rummage through mine, everything was out of order and images had come off the sheets as well haha. And my DVD was put in backwards so I guess that means they watched it...
I just want to know already!
Reply 50
Well done for Kingston!

Yeah I know, I handed in Slade on monday and it was so nerve wracking. They had a good rummage through mine, everything was out of order and images had come off the sheets as well haha. And my DVD was put in backwards so I guess that means they watched it...

Hi, iv also applied to goldsmiths and slade and I have a digital portfolio submission for goldsmiths tomorrow- it says they want it by midday? does anyone know how strict that deadline is. If I handed it in by the end of the day would that matter?
Well done for Kingston!

Thanks. :smile:
I always think evidence of a good rummage is a good sign, but I don't know why. Mine were mostly in the same order, but half were in back to front, so I guess they had them in two piles. My DVD was the same way but I guess it's a 50/50 chance. Glad to see I'm not the only one whose paranoid about them not watching it. :rolleyes:
Even though I know there's practically no chance of me getting an interview, I'm still going to be pretty devastated when I get my inevitable rejection.

Original post by Suzie210
Hi, iv also applied to goldsmiths and slade and I have a digital portfolio submission for goldsmiths tomorrow- it says they want it by midday? does anyone know how strict that deadline is. If I handed it in by the end of the day would that matter?

I don't know, but I wouldn't risk missing the deadline for the sake of half a day. But I know it sucks when you feel too rushed to do your best.
Reply 52

I also have an interview on that day, is yours at 2?
Reply 53
Original post by HelveticaBold
Thanks. :smile:
I always think evidence of a good rummage is a good sign, but I don't know why. Mine were mostly in the same order, but half were in back to front, so I guess they had them in two piles. My DVD was the same way but I guess it's a 50/50 chance. Glad to see I'm not the only one whose paranoid about them not watching it. :rolleyes:
Even though I know there's practically no chance of me getting an interview, I'm still going to be pretty devastated when I get my inevitable rejection.

My tutor was saying before we handed it in that they probably wouldn't look at it so I was pretty worried! but even though mine was backwards it doesn't mean that they will have looked through it all...5 minutes is quite long!

Ah I know! :frown: I just want to find out now. And I've sent off Goldsmiths today as well, do you know when we'll hear back from them?
My tutor was saying before we handed it in that they probably wouldn't look at it so I was pretty worried! but even though mine was backwards it doesn't mean that they will have looked through it all...5 minutes is quite long!

Ah I know! :frown: I just want to find out now. And I've sent off Goldsmiths today as well, do you know when we'll hear back from them?

Really? That's a bit pessimistic coming from a tutor. Well then I'm glad you had proof. :biggrin: I put in extracts of my two films so it was only 2 minutes 30 seconds and also put some stills in the portfolio just in case. I wouldn't really mind if they hadn't watched all of it, as long as they got the gist of what it was.

Afraid I don't know when Goldsmiths start making decisions, but their interviews tend to run into April so they might take a bit longer.
I still don't know what my second choice is. I keep moving between Goldsmiths, Kingston and Brighton. I think Goldsmiths is edging it though. :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by WesChains
I also have an interview on that day, is yours at 2?

Yes it is! :smile:
Reply 56
I applied to Goldsmiths :smile: sent off my portfolio.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Goldsmiths interviews are usually in March...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Yes it is! :smile:

Probs see you about then, confident?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by WesChains
Probs see you about then, confident?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bizarrely enough I do feel okay about it :smile: I don't get nervous very often haha. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest