The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
I raise you :tongue: My grandmother was from a family of 16

Assuming that she was an Anglican disqualifies her :wink:

My cousin in law's great grandmother was one of 20. That's not even a joke :colondollar:

Try again :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KaylaMary
what is everyone doing for lent?? and thoughts opinions on a catholic marrying a muslim??

I'm going to Israel for Holy Week :jebus:

I personally wouldn't marry a Muslim myself, but that's just me

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Happy feast of Our Lady of Lourdes to everyone :smile:

Wishing you, and everyone, a most blessed feast day! :h:
what is everyone doing for lent?? and thoughts opinions on a catholic marrying a muslim??

Well, it's definitely a personal decision whether you would, but I wouldn't. Marriage is hard enough, but when two people are of different faiths, it's even harder, and more prone to break up. If you're raising children, you want a clear religious message coming from both parents in a household with a strong catholic ethos. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Well, it's definitely a personal decision whether you would, but I wouldn't. Marriage is hard enough, but when two people are of different faiths, it's even harder, and more prone to break up. If you're raising children, you want a clear religious message coming from both parents in a household with a strong catholic ethos. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sooo true I know :/ but I think it could work if we really wanted it to :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm going to Israel for Holy Week :jebus:

I personally wouldn't marry a Muslim myself, but that's just me

Wishing you, and everyone, a most blessed feast day! :h:

awesome!! hopefully I will get to go on the pilgrimage to the holy land, wish you all the best :smile: peace be upon you
I think I would like to spend some time quietly reflecting on Our Lady today. Anyone know any good online resources for doing that? :h:

awesome!! hopefully I will get to go on the pilgrimage to the holy land, wish you all the best :smile: peace be upon you

Thanks. I'm very excited :biggrin: Also quite terrified, coz I usually get really ill in Holy Week :erm: Should hopefully be good though :h:
haha just remember why you're fasting :smile: it feels amazing, I can't wait for Holy Week :biggrin: also, pray with the rosary each day, I find it helps too
also, when does holy week start:colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
haha just remember why you're fasting :smile: it feels amazing, I can't wait for Holy Week :biggrin: also, pray with the rosary each day, I find it helps too
also, when does holy week start:colondollar:

Ah it's not feeling ill from fasting, it's mental health problems that tend to get worse around Lent and Holy Week in particular :frown: You're right though that praying the rosary will probably help. Maybe I should aim to do a rosary each day of Lent. I might try that actually. Thank you :h:

Palm Sunday is 13th April :yep:
Ah it's not feeling ill from fasting, it's mental health problems that tend to get worse around Lent and Holy Week in particular :frown: You're right though that praying the rosary will probably help. Maybe I should aim to do a rosary each day of Lent. I might try that actually. Thank you :h:

Palm Sunday is 13th April :yep:

hahaha oh gosh I need to pay more attention, and I'm sorry to hear about those issues:s-smilie: and yes that's my plan for lent is a rosary each day, we can do it together and let each other know how it goes? if you want :smile:
hahaha oh gosh I need to pay more attention, and I'm sorry to hear about those issues:s-smilie: and yes that's my plan for lent is a rosary each day, we can do it together and let each other know how it goes? if you want :smile:

also i'm new to holy week, so what daily times does fasting begin and end?? :/

It would certainly be nice to do it together. Maybe all of Cath Soc could do it together? Then we can spread it to Christian Soc and take over, mwahahahahaha :colone:

I mean, yeah! Let's do it together. In the sense that we can write each day about our thoughts or specific rosary intentions, etc :smile:

Edit: Not sure of fasting times, since I don't usually do the whole fasting thing. I'd imagine sunrise til sunset, though I might just be getting that from Islam and Ramadan :erm:
It would certainly be nice to do it together. Maybe all of Cath Soc could do it together? Then we can spread it to Christian Soc and take over, mwahahahahaha :colone:

I mean, yeah! Let's do it together. In the sense that we can write each day about our thoughts or specific rosary intentions, etc :smile:

yeaah let's take over ahaha and that sounds great :smile: my christian friend made me cry alot she always said how our bible is wrong and we get drunk in church -_- and thats not right
yeaah let's take over ahaha and that sounds great :smile: my christian friend made me cry alot she always said how our bible is wrong and we get drunk in church -_- and thats not right

:eek: about your Christian friend. Don't worry: most of the people in X Soc are harmless and would never be so rude, even if they believe their Bible is the right one :tongue:

:hugs:

Edit: Not sure of fasting times, since I don't usually do the whole fasting thing. I'd imagine sunrise til sunset, though I might just be getting that from Islam and Ramadan :erm:

well those times sound reasonable :smile:
:eek: about your Christian friend. Don't worry: most of the people in X Soc are harmless and would never be so rude, even if they believe their Bible is the right one :tongue:

:hugs:

that's good :smile: and you know what is weird? that the Holy Qu'ran is closer to Catholic Bible than the Christian Bible :smile: have you read the Qu'ran?
thank you :smile: how do i join by the way i'm a strong catholic?

Is that shot put or kick boxing?
that's good :smile: and you know what is weird? that the Holy Qu'ran is closer to Catholic Bible than the Christian Bible :smile: have you read the Qu'ran?

Nah, never read the Qu'ran :nah:
Original post by FredOrJohn
Is that shot put or kick boxing?

haha! :biggrin: rugby actually :P
Nah, never read the Qu'ran :nah:

haha I have :smile: I agree with it too, since both religions are the closest in the world, my friends and I talk about it a lot, so where are you from?
haha I have :smile: I agree with it too, since both religions are the closest in the world, my friends and I talk about it a lot, so where are you from?

My ethnicity is Sinhalese but I'm a born-and-bred Londoner. Where are you from? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending