The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
For access course you need to be out From full time education for minimum of 2 years, I left school in 2010. I have been in tech doing a level part time since school just so should be ok. They were willing to give me a place on it September past but I wasn't able to take it due to short notice (offered me a place on sat night to start the Monday morning) hoping I don't need to do it and get my grade up in my psychology alevel to make queens criteria.

Has anyone heard about interviews yet? As queens website said they were aiming to start sending out interviews from 3rd feb...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Butternuts
For access course you need to be out From full time education for minimum of 2 years, I left school in 2010. I have been in tech doing a level part time since school just so should be ok. They were willing to give me a place on it September past but I wasn't able to take it due to short notice (offered me a place on sat night to start the Monday morning) hoping I don't need to do it and get my grade up in my psychology alevel to make queens criteria.

Has anyone heard about interviews yet? As queens website said they were aiming to start sending out interviews from 3rd feb...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank god about the access thing - I was starting to worry that I might require an access course as I graduated in the summer of 2012.

I haven't heard from Queen's or UU, actually haven't heard from any of my choices... in fact that other day I got an email from Nottingham confirming they'd received my application... I sent it on the 1st of January!
Reply 22
If you have a degree then your more than qualified :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Hi everyone,

I applied for Adult Nursing in Queens University for the second time when the A-level grades was still at BCC on their website, unfortunately i have seen that the grades have increased to BBC, completely gutted as this was my second time applying. I was unable to take a one year a-level course this year so just tried to gain as much experience as i could and take a part time GCSE that prevented me from getting in last year, as if i had the GCSE i would have been starting this month :frown:. I know that due to this i wont be given an interview this year let alone a place which i am devastated about as nursing is all i ever wanted to do since i was little, but i will apply again for 2015, third time lucky eh :wink:. Anyway Good luck to everyone for this year! :smile: hopefully see some of you in Queens soon :biggrin:

xx
Reply 24
Original post by Dholmes
Hi everyone,

I applied for Adult Nursing in Queens University for the second time when the A-level grades was still at BCC on their website, unfortunately i have seen that the grades have increased to BBC, completely gutted as this was my second time applying. I was unable to take a one year a-level course this year so just tried to gain as much experience as i could and take a part time GCSE that prevented me from getting in last year, as if i had the GCSE i would have been starting this month :frown:. I know that due to this i wont be given an interview this year let alone a place which i am devastated about as nursing is all i ever wanted to do since i was little, but i will apply again for 2015, third time lucky eh :wink:. Anyway Good luck to everyone for this year! :smile: hopefully see some of you in Queens soon :biggrin:

xx

They haven't increased. They are bcc were there is a science subject offered at a level but Bbc were no science subject at a level. Have you done an science subject at a level? If you have it's only bcc to get in. Hoping you have. All the best.
Reply 25
Also Dholmes I didn't have grades the second time I applied and I got an interview but for the reserve list so don't lose hope. I didn't get a place as I didn't do well at interview. So if you do well at interview and get high score then could be offered a place when someone turns down place or place becomes available. X
Reply 26
Original post by Dholmes
Hi everyone,

xx

Dhomes I'm in the same boat but don't give up! I have enrolled to resit my a2 of one of my alevels to try and bring my grades up. Where are you based? I don't know if it would be near you but I'm able to do mine externally at nrc Newtownabbey and then see if you can edit your ucas to add the exams in so then queens may consider you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Ywh12
They haven't increased. They are bcc were there is a science subject offered at a level but Bbc were no science subject at a level. Have you done an science subject at a level? If you have it's only bcc to get in. Hoping you have. All the best.

Yeah unfortunately i didn't take a science subject i took Double Award Health and Social Care and I.C.T :/. I wanted to take science because I'm really good at it ,but my science teacher in 5th year told me to stay away from any science at alevel as it was really hard and to just take health and social as i would be able to do nursing with it, wish i would have listen to my gut and went with science. Thank you for letting me know about your second time, it's just hard to have a bit of hope, i mailed admissions awhile back and they said i probably wouldn't even be considered :frown:, but i've applied for more a-level next year aswell including a science :biggrin:, thank you so much for your help! x
Reply 28
Original post by Butternuts
Dhomes I'm in the same boat but don't give up! I have enrolled to resit my a2 of one of my alevels to try and bring my grades up. Where are you based? I don't know if it would be near you but I'm able to do mine externally at nrc Newtownabbey and then see if you can edit your ucas to add the exams in so then queens may consider you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Butternuts! I'm based in Belfast close to Queens which is one of the reasons i applied for Queens, and also as a kid i always wanted to study at there. I emailed Belfast Met and asked if i could resit my A2, they said because of how far along it is in the year i wouldn't be able to and just gave me more information on enrollment for full-time and part-time courses next year. I even emailed the admissions at Queens and got a reply 2 weeks later saying that i might not be considered unless my grades where to increase, was gutted because i knew i should have took another a-level course aswell as my GCSE but didnt get the chance too. Thank you for the help! :smile:
Reply 29
I got a letter from QUB about an interview on the 25th!!! So chuffed!
Anyone sat the interview before?
Reply 30
Original post by tedbunny

That's brilliant news! well done!, I sat the interview last year and got a conditional offer however didn't achieve the grades due to one of my GCSE'S. Just be yourself in the interview and you will be fine! :smile:, good luck btw! :biggrin:
I got an interview for the 25th aswell! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an interview for the 26th, yay!

Original post by Grace210114
I got an interview for the 25th aswell! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by sophiegourley
I got an interview for the 26th, yay!

Are these for adult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Are these for adult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I applied for Adult and Mental Health in QUB! A girl in my college class applied for childrens and has an interview on the 26th! Others haven't heard back yet. Probably sent in batches until the end of march
Posted from TSR Mobile
I wana get home n check my post now! So fed up of waiting, and nothing on track. Only had 1 interview so far. Still, better than nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Well I applied for Adult and Mental Health in QUB! A girl in my college class applied for childrens and has an interview on the 26th! Others haven't heard back yet. Probably sent in batches until the end of march
Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine was for Mental Health. Also got an email about an interview for York as well today. On the exact same date. Going to have to sort that one out!
Original post by deviant182
I wana get home n check my post now! So fed up of waiting, and nothing on track. Only had 1 interview so far. Still, better than nothing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only heard back from Queens and Northumbria! People think they are sending out the invitations alphabetically! Hope you hear soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine was for Mental Health. Also got an email about an interview for York as well today. On the exact same date. Going to have to sort that one out!

Shouldn't be a problem to reschedule! Goodluck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Shouldn't be a problem to reschedule! Goodluck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed York to see if I could change that date, however their email said they would only be willing to change under 'exceptional circumstances'. Not sure if this counts. If they refuse I will try with Queen's, it would just be simpler to attend that interview on the 25th as I'm in work the next day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending