The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust Programme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by H.Ibrahim
Yeah I've been headhunting lots of places for volunteering, and E/C! I plan to take both UKCAT and BMAT (might as well try Cambridge:rolleyes:)
I'm soo nervous the exams are months away and UKCAT is looming towards us! IT's soo hard to understand the 600q book

It's meant to be a difficult test, in terms of the time limits. People say the Kaplan course is good, but it's just so expensive :frown:
Original post by AspiringMedic8
It's meant to be a difficult test, in terms of the time limits. People say the Kaplan course is good, but it's just so expensive :frown:

I know £300 for 2 DAYS I don't have that sort of disposable cash.

I heard Medify is really good, I am going to be using it!
I know £300 for 2 DAYS I don't have that sort of disposable cash.

I heard Medify is really good, I am going to be using it!

How much is that and what does it involve?

See, I know a girl who got rejected from everywhere, went on Kaplan, reapplied and swears by it. She got an unconditional in the end. That makes it tempting! Although I have no idea where I'd get that sort of money from. I'm waiting until my exams are over, anyway, then I'll study for the UKCAT.
How much is that and what does it involve?

See, I know a girl who got rejected from everywhere, went on Kaplan, reapplied and swears by it. She got an unconditional in the end. That makes it tempting! Although I have no idea where I'd get that sort of money from. I'm waiting until my exams are over, anyway, then I'll study for the UKCAT.

I think it's around £25 per week of subscription, usually people buy it 2 weeks before their UKCAT test
You not only subscribe to the UKCAT but with the website, meaning they can help you with the application process and PS. Check the website out!
Link:
http://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat
I think it's around £25 per week of subscription, usually people buy it 2 weeks before their UKCAT test
You not only subscribe to the UKCAT but with the website, meaning they can help you with the application process and PS. Check the website out!
Link:
http://www.medify.co.uk/ukcat

What does it actually help with then? :/
That's me written what I was going to say in my video and filmed it. I just need to go through all of the clips now and find the best ones! :biggrin:
Don't know how I'm going to wait until the 21st of March to hear back!:frown:
Original post by LevCrofts

The time will FLY by :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's me written what I was going to say in my video and filmed it. I just need to go through all of the clips now and find the best ones! :biggrin:

I sent mine off yesterday at 10 minutes, I just improved it by adding annotations on the video and corrections,
really do hope I get a place.

Think about it, it's only a month and 11 days, not too long.
What does it actually help with then? :/

It gives you looooooots of examples and test papers to practice on, and tricks to solve problems like abstract reasoning.
It basically boosts your score, and you can choose the difficulty. I heard from 2 friends of mine who really benefited from it, one of them got 770 last summer because of Medify!

The website also offers help with Personal Statement checking, and with the BMAT.
I've finally submitted my video! :biggrin:
It gives you looooooots of examples and test papers to practice on, and tricks to solve problems like abstract reasoning.
It basically boosts your score, and you can choose the difficulty. I heard from 2 friends of mine who really benefited from it, one of them got 770 last summer because of Medify!

The website also offers help with Personal Statement checking, and with the BMAT.

Wow, 770 is a great score! I know that anything over 700 is quite exceptional.
Wow, 770 is a great score! I know that anything over 700 is quite exceptional.

Yeah it is! I was surprised, he got 900 IN ABSTRACT REASONING???
Yeah it is! I was surprised, he got 900 IN ABSTRACT REASONING???

Oh, that's the worst! I can never work out the patterns :frown:
Oh, that's the worst! I can never work out the patterns :frown:

Me too, I find it the hardest, like how does it work??? Clearly he is an expert
The time will FLY by :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully:P
Hopefully:P

Btw, I see you're doing six highers! Wow! Is that at an independent school? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Btw, I see you're doing six highers! Wow! Is that at an independent school? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope:smile: I go to a Comprehensive, but I got the school to allow me to do it in my spare time and they give me core periods to revise in:smile: Are you a Scottish student?
Nope:smile: I go to a Comprehensive, but I got the school to allow me to do it in my spare time and they give me core periods to revise in:smile: Are you a Scottish student?

Yes I am! Only doing five highers though! Just waiting on my prelim results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I am! Only doing five highers though! Just waiting on my prelim results :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah we just had ours:smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending