The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tara8000
I've finally finished applying to all the things I'm applying for :biggrin: yyaayyy, it's been like, 3 months of application things x.x
that was one of them^ :biggrin: well, not engineering, I applied for theology and religious studies with philosophy :biggrin:

Have you applied to the oxford UNIQ thing:tongue:?
Codecademy is so laggy on Firefox its disgusting!:unimpressed:
Reply 8742
Has every started revising ? I can't seem to kick in. I've still got so much unit 2 work to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963
Has every started revising ? I can't seem to kick in. I've still got so much unit 2 work to do :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

we have units not started yet so i suppose i should start but i've been saying that for a while. :tongue:
I don't usually make notes anyway coz i find them a waste of time but maybe because i'm not doing them right? any tips from people are welcomed.
How much did you all revise for mock exams?
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Hello Tara, what subjects/where have you applied, don't want to miss any

Hello! I have applied for the CUSU Shadowing scheme, which I went on :tongue:... Durham insight, which i've been accepted into and have applied for both the insight residentials - anth/politics/mathematical sciences for easter and phil/theology and religious studies for summer, the sutton trust us programme, social mobility foundation's whitehall internship.... all of these are closed...:/ but still open that i've applied for are: the sutton trust summer school at cambridge to do theology and religious studies with philosophy :biggrin: and oxford UNIQ, the PPE and theology courses chosen. so alot really x) it's a bummer how most of them need to be applied for by earlier in the year :/

Original post by Princepieman
Haha, yeah.. That's me! I've never lived in the states, so I felt it would quite unique to focus on my international upbringing (to the detriment of my video's length!). I hope they still consider my application though, all that time spent on it would be for nothing. I just took a look at your video, it's awesome! Very well balanced and some ninja-like editing skills! Good luck fellow applicant! :biggrin:

haha good idea! I hope so too, maybe we'll meet eachother :biggrin: :wink: haha thanks :wink: :ninjagirl: you too! :biggrin:

Original post by Red Fox
Have you applied to the oxford UNIQ thing:tongue:?

yarp! :smile: you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hello! I have applied for the CUSU Shadowing scheme, which I went on :tongue:... Durham insight, which i've been accepted into and have applied for both the insight residentials - anth/politics/mathematical sciences for easter and phil/theology and religious studies for summer, the sutton trust us programme, social mobility foundation's whitehall internship.... all of these are closed...:/ but still open that i've applied for are: the sutton trust summer school at cambridge to do theology and religious studies with philosophy :biggrin: and oxford UNIQ, the PPE and theology courses chosen. so alot really x) it's a bummer how most of them need to be applied for by earlier in the year :/

haha good idea! I hope so too, maybe we'll meet eachother :biggrin: :wink: haha thanks :wink: :ninjagirl: you too! :biggrin:

ive applied to most of them! For some reason I thought you were an aspiring medic like me! Unfortunately medicine is much harder to find things in! I applied for Sutton at Durham I really like it
Original post by Futuremedic2096
ive applied to most of them! For some reason I thought you were an aspiring medic like me! Unfortunately medicine is much harder to find things in! I applied for Sutton at Durham I really like it

haha, wonder why? :tongue: ooo which ones have you applied for? :smile:
100% in second C3 paper.

:woo:
You're on track friend ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're on track friend ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuinely don't understand how I didn't get the same in the exam...
haha, wonder why? :tongue: ooo which ones have you applied for? :smile:

I'm confused by the first question! Sutton trust medicine at Durham, I'm applying for uniq tomorrow and Nuffield research placement! I'm also thinking about insight at Durham! Does it cost?
Wonder why you thought I wad a medic, rhetorical dw :smile: Durham insight is shut I think? Unless you can apply for the residential.without being on insight? :redface: go for it. There's nothing to lose! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wonder why you thought I wad a medic, rhetorical dw :smile: Durham insight is shut I think? Unless you can apply for the residential.without being on insight? :redface: go for it. There's nothing to lose! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right I see! Honestly don't know! I'm going to! It's quite far away from me though

I have no idea how to write a personal statement for it:tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
100% in second C3 paper.

:woo:

Nice, I've almost finished C3 but would rather sit it next year as I have an FP1 exam on the day of the C3 exam and Physics Unit 2 is the day before:redface:
Original post by Red Fox
Nice, I've almost finished C3 but would rather sit it next year as I have an FP1 exam on the day of the C3 exam and Physics Unit 2 is the day before:redface:

Hmm not too bad though because you don't 'revise' Maths
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hmm not too bad though because you don't 'revise' Maths

True but it's one more to prepare for with past papers etc.. Just if I do it next year I get one shot at the A*. Hmmmm:confused:, when do you think the deadline to ask to be entered would, I might do it this year if I get good marks on a few past papers:tongue:
Hello! I have applied for the CUSU Shadowing scheme, which I went on

Funny, I got rejected from the Cambridge one and selected for the Oxford shadowing scheme - I leave tomorrow! Maybe this is some kind of indication that I should look at Oxford instead of Cambridge? :dontknow:

Thanks! Yeah, meeting would be awesomely strange: "Hey are you tara8000 from TSR? OMG, I'm princepieman!"
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
True but it's one more to prepare for with past papers etc.. Just if I do it next year I get one shot at the A*. Hmmmm:confused:, when do you think the deadline to ask to be entered would, I might do it this year if I get good marks on a few past papers:tongue:

Yeah... Dunno, I'd say do it this year though

Latest