The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got my conditional offer from BCU today! Feels like ages ago I first sent off the application and now I have a place! Absolutely delighted! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5461
Original post by georgiaclaire_
Yup, Primary Focus is what its called! Maybe give BCU a ring just to make sure they do offer it, but thats what my interviewer told me. I'd hate for you to accept the offer, then come september find out you can't do the focus in SEN!

Mine was the 8th of Jan, so I think it was one of the first round! How many people got sent home after the lunch break?

I've emailed them :smile: I'm going to get se advice tomorrow from the school I'm volunteering in but I think I'm going to choose BCU :smile:
They sent four people home! I thought it was awful how they did it, I wanted to complain aha

Original post by Roisinkelly94
Got my conditional offer from BCU today! Feels like ages ago I first sent off the application and now I have a place! Absolutely delighted! :biggrin:

Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5462
I've also created a group on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368/

Just joined :smile:
Original post by AEM_x
Just joined :smile:

wooo! I take it you're Amie? Oh no, how did they do it? No one got sent home at ours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I've just firmed my place there, I'm so excited! If you decide to go there, i've made a facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368/

Where else have you applied to?
Reply 5465
wooo! I take it you're Amie? Oh no, how did they do it? No one got sent home at ours!

Yes :smile: the man came in after lunch and said I'm afraid several of you haven't made it through to the next stage and then a lady holding a clipboard said, sorry to do this to you and read out the names. It was horrible, the four of them just got up and left. It could've been done in a much better way so that none of us knew about it!
Congrats! I've just firmed my place there, I'm so excited! If you decide to go there, i've made a facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/725110767513368/

Where else have you applied to?

Ooh I'll join that! I'm going to confirm my place tomorrow! I applied to university of Birmingham and to the part time version at BCU..!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh I'll join that! I'm going to confirm my place tomorrow! I applied to university of Birmingham and to the part time version at BCU..!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay! well a massive congrats! If you see anyone else confirming a place on here/you know someone, invite them to the group! i've only just created it today, so it doesn't have a lot of members as of yet :tongue:
Reply 5468

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!! So are you doing the full time course now because they've cancelled the part-time haven't they.. There were people at my interview day that had applied for the part-time and they only told them on the day that it wasn't running :|
yay! well a massive congrats! If you see anyone else confirming a place on here/you know someone, invite them to the group! i've only just created it today, so it doesn't have a lot of members as of yet :tongue:

Congrats to you too..! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AEM_x
Well done!! So are you doing the full time course now because they've cancelled the part-time haven't they.. There were people at my interview day that had applied for the part-time and they only told them on the day that it wasn't running :|

Yeah I'm doing full time! I probably would have chose it over part time. Yeah I only found out when I showed up for interview that they weren't running the part time anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5471
Yeah I'm doing full time! I probably would have chose it over part time. Yeah I only found out when I showed up for interview that they weren't running the part time anymore!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that was bad, some people would have only chosen the part-time course so they probably had a wasted day :frown:
Original post by AEM_x
I thought that was bad, some people would have only chosen the part-time course so they probably had a wasted day :frown:

I know, one woman in my group discussion only had part time down but decided to stay for the day anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5473
I know, one woman in my group discussion only had part time down but decided to stay for the day anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeahh, they only told us after lunch because he said they had only just found out that day. I think the women who had applied for part-time decided to stay for their interviews too :smile:
Reply 5474
Original post by lauramcintosh88
I firmed a good few weeks ago! My interview was on the 14th January, when was yours? I have done my skills test but haven't graduated yet so have a condition of obtaining at least a 2:1.

Mine was on the 5th feb I think! There was only 7 of us on the day. You've done skills tests? Wow haha, still think I need a bit more revising first. What degree are you doing? I graduated last year so I'm just counting down until September now
Original post by elb1992
Mine was on the 5th feb I think! There was only 7 of us on the day. You've done skills tests? Wow haha, still think I need a bit more revising first. What degree are you doing? I graduated last year so I'm just counting down until September now

There must have been about 15 at my interview I think. There was a session in the morning before mine as well, so there would have been even more that day. Yeah I did them in December! I wanted to have them out of the way before interview really. If you can do the practice ones online you'll be absolutely fine. I'm doing education studies and sport, what is your degree in? I wish I could just count down now, I'm so nervous for my degree result!
Reply 5476
I applied to Leeds met two weeks ago in apply 2 and I'm wondering if I should get in touch with them as I've not heard anything at all about an interview or even just a confirmation that they've received my application .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rainbowworld
Oh right, 5 days isn't much though :smile: I'm sure that will be fine. Was that just listed in the box on the letter?
Yeah I just reread the letter :smile: It is 28 days from accepting the offer which is good! But 28 days from the date of the letter to pass the key skills tests - I'm taking my English one on Saturday, so hopefully if I pass that i'll be done! :smile:
Yes, it says: Completion of your degree at least at upper-second class.
So yes a 2:1, does yours not say?

No 5 days isn't much, quite looking forward to being back in the classroom :-) And yeah it was listed in the box on the letter.
I'm sure you'll be fine with your skills tests :-) good luck with them.
Oh okay, mine doesn't mention my degree at all. Really weird :-/

Have you had your Reading interview yet??
Original post by xnicolexwx
No 5 days isn't much, quite looking forward to being back in the classroom :-) And yeah it was listed in the box on the letter.
I'm sure you'll be fine with your skills tests :-) good luck with them.
Oh okay, mine doesn't mention my degree at all. Really weird :-/

Have you had your Reading interview yet??

Yeah :smile:
Thank you! I've been doing the practice tests tonight and seem to be passing - but not particularly highly - just need to keep practicing the spelling and punctuation! I have always been much worse at English than maths though so just keeping my fingers crossed :smile:
That is really weird :s-smilie: Maybe just contact them to check about it? I assume they will want a 2:1? I thought a 2:2 was a government requirement, so I don't think they can give out offers with no degree grade conditions...? Would be nice though!
No not yet - it's a week Friday (the 21st) - I'm a bit worried about it being so far away as the letter said to accept as soon as possible and I'm worried about college places going :s-smilie: I also expect that as soon as I leave Reading I'll decide I definitely want to go to Cambridge and be annoyed I even went to the Reading interview! But, I think it will be useful experience anyway and want to see what the university and course are like :s-smilie:
Reply 5479
Original post by lauramcintosh88
There must have been about 15 at my interview I think. There was a session in the morning before mine as well, so there would have been even more that day. Yeah I did them in December! I wanted to have them out of the way before interview really. If you can do the practice ones online you'll be absolutely fine. I'm doing education studies and sport, what is your degree in? I wish I could just count down now, I'm so nervous for my degree result!

Thats why i accepted so quickly, i was originally going to go to MMU but i fell in love with Chester and my interview at MMU wasn't until the end of the month and i didnt want to risk Chester getting full.

Im passing them online, its mainly the punctuation section on the English i'm finding hard. Ill probably do them in about a month and a half or so, i'm so happy i have until July though, so many of my friends were given 6 weeks to pass!

I did Psychology at MMU for my degree, was ok. You must be snowed under with your dissertation :smile: good luck with it all. 3rd year goes so quickly. x

Latest