The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5240
Original post by TheActuary
Don't get excited on the day, chances are youl hear nothing. I applied Warwick , Manchester and birmingham , I have offers from Manchester and birmingham. What about you?

Haha I won't do. I've applied Manchester, Leicester, Leeds, Liverpool and I've got offers from Leicester Liverpool and Leeds and an interview at Manchester :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Just to let you guys know, I'm ringing LSE admissions offices in the morning concerning the whereabouts of my decision.

It's 4 weeks late ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracelich
Just to let you guys know, I'm ringing LSE admissions offices in the morning concerning the whereabouts of my decision.

It's 4 weeks late ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: Did you manage to get an useful reply at all? Applied for History and my deadline (+2 week christmas break) ended almost 4 weeks ago too.

I'm not an impressed bunny. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4540738816/h411F4E45/

Thanks!

It's 4 weeks late ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's most likely that you'll receive the decision this week anyway. Good luck with the call.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Blackfyre
It's most likely that you'll receive the decision this week anyway. Good luck with the call, here's your script:

Goodness me...was NOT expecting that script...

I'll let you know how it goes👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by la_petite
Hi :smile: Did you manage to get an useful reply at all? Applied for History and my deadline (+2 week christmas break) ended almost 4 weeks ago too.

I'm not an impressed bunny. https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4540738816/h411F4E45/

Thanks!

I'm ringing them tomorrow :smile: Hopefully we'll hear something before March...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5246

It's 4 weeks late ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should do it. It worked for me for two unis:
Durham: i called them and they said they'll let the admission tutors know that I called and see if they can give me a decision soon as they can- I received my offer 2 days later. Durham is v. competitive for history.

Kings: I called them and they said it probably won't be today but my application has passed the initial stages of assessment and that should receive a decision weeks after they return from the christmas holidays. Nevertheless, they gave me an offer on that day. At around 7 pm.
It isn't a bad thing to do, especially in your case.
Reply 5247
Is there anyone who is doing A2 Sociology/Psychology?
Original post by arminb
You should do it. It worked for me for two unis:
Durham: i called them and they said they'll let the admission tutors know that I called and see if they can give me a decision soon as they can- I received my offer 2 days later. Durham is v. competitive for history.

Kings: I called them and they said it probably won't be today but my application has passed the initial stages of assessment and that should receive a decision weeks after they return from the christmas holidays. Nevertheless, they gave me an offer on that day. At around 7 pm.
It isn't a bad thing to do, especially in your case.

Sounds promising! Do you think LSE would be as nice as Durham and Kings though? I have a feeling they won't be...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5249
Sounds promising! Do you think LSE would be as nice as Durham and Kings though? I have a feeling they won't be...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, I never really called them. But you have nothing to loose. :smile:
Original post by arminb
I don't know, I never really called them. But you have nothing to loose. :smile:

Yeah, lost my sanity months ago due to this process haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

As arminb said, nothing to lose, but these guys are different, they'll probably respond when they intend to. It didn't speed up my decision when I called, they just said they were doing their best to get back to everyone as quickly as they could.
Looks like you've been waiting for quite a while already, good luck. The wait can be so annoying, its ridiculous how poor LSE are with their deadline commitments.
Reply 5252
Original post by arminb

Yes, I do sociology
Original post by arminb

I'm doing both with AQA, the A spec for Psychology.

(Unrelated) I got my offer from LSE for Sociology a few weeks ago which I'm pretty buzzing about, they replied to me a lot earlier than it said in the 8 weeks email thingy. I think some departments are a lot more busy than others so the response time will vary. The idea of moving down to London is getting more and more exciting everyday for me though, it's a far cry from the ridiculously dull streets of County Durham.
Reply 5254
Original post by scottajmusgrove

(Unrelated) I got my offer from LSE for Sociology a few weeks ago which I'm pretty buzzing about, they replied to me a lot earlier than it said in the 8 weeks email thingy. I think some departments are a lot more busy than others so the response time will vary. The idea of moving down to London is getting more and more exciting everyday for me though, it's a far cry from the ridiculously dull streets of County Durham.

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. If you don't mind me asking what are your gcse and as grades?
Original post by Am0312x
Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear back from them. If you don't mind me asking what are your gcse and as grades?

They're (relatively) quite average really, mix of As and Bs for GCSE, with a B in Maths, As in English lang. and lit. and AAB for my Science triple award. AS levels I got AAAB in Philosophy & Ethics, Sociology, Law and Psychology respectively, and I'm predicted AAA for A2 in Philosophy & Ethics, Sociology and Psychology. I think my personal statement and reference were the clinchers with my application as I think they were both pretty strong, and I come from an area of very low Uni participation and a low income background, so that would have favored me a little bit for the department to reach their quota. Obviously I know pretty much nothing about the application process though and all of these factors are just things I've possibly fabricated in order to diminish any guilt for getting an offer when other more academically-able people may not have :frown:

What are your grades and shizzle?
Reply 5256
They're (relatively) quite average really, mix of As and Bs for GCSE, with a B in Maths, As in English lang. and lit. and AAB for my Science triple award. AS levels I got AAAB in Philosophy & Ethics, Sociology, Law and Psychology respectively, and I'm predicted AAA for A2 in Philosophy & Ethics, Sociology and Psychology. I think my personal statement and reference were the clinchers with my application as I think they were both pretty strong, and I come from an area of very low Uni participation and a low income background, so that would have favored me a little bit for the department to reach their quota. Obviously I know pretty much nothing about the application process though and all of these factors are just things I've possibly fabricated in order to diminish any guilt for getting an offer when other more academically-able people may not have :frown:

What are your grades and shizzle?

My grades are literally the same as yours. My gcses are a mixture of A's and B's and in AS I got AAAC. I'm also predicted AAA
Original post by Am0312x
My grades are literally the same as yours. My gcses are a mixture of A's and B's and in AS I got AAAC. I'm also predicted AAA

Well I really hope the best for you! Make a post as soon as you hear back from them, I'm sure you'll get a shiny lil offer.
Reply 5258
Original post by Am0312x
Yes, I do sociology

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any notes/support material/ sample essays available? My teacher is awful and I don't have any resources other than the book:frown:.
Reply 5259

Congratulations on your offer! Im sure you'll love London, it is a very diverse city and you'll see people from all over the world which is an amazing experience. The downside is the cost and the accommodation is usually small. In addition you might not have the best campus life in London unis but there are lots of places that you can go at nights.
Regarding the sociology and psychology, have you got any resources that can share with me. Such as notes, summaries, sample essays etc... I am really struggling with the lack of resources.Particularly with sociology. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending