The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5260
Original post by scottajmusgrove
Well I really hope the best for you! Make a post as soon as you hear back from them, I'm sure you'll get a shiny lil offer.

I hope so
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5261
Original post by arminb
Thank you for your reply. Do you have any notes/support material/ sample essays available? My teacher is awful and I don't have any resources other than the book:frown:.

Yeah I have loads. What exam board are you with? Because I'm with OCR and the specification to other exam boards is a bit different...
Reply 5262
Original post by Am0312x
Yeah I have loads. What exam board are you with? Because I'm with OCR and the specification to other exam boards is a bit different...

I am AQA :frown:.
Original post by arminb
Thank you for your reply. Do you have any notes/support material/ sample essays available? My teacher is awful and I don't have any resources other than the book:frown:.

If you're looking for good resources for Sociology revision, consider getting copies of the Student Support Materials for Sociology (its for AQA).Think the author was Langly or something. My friend used these last year and I remember her stating they're very helpful.
Reply 5264
Original post by Am0312x

I am on AQA :frown:.
Reply 5265
Original post by arminb
I am on AQA :frown:.

What topics do you do? I'm sure the content isn't that different
Reply 5266
Original post by Am0312x
What topics do you do? I'm sure the content isn't that different

Crime, Religion and research methods.
Reply 5267
Original post by arminb

I do crime and research methods too so I have tonnes of content for both
Reply 5268
Original post by Am0312x
I do crime and research methods too so I have tonnes of content for both

could you please share send me some of them? As attachments.
Reply 5269
Original post by arminb

use this site too http://www.sparknotes.com/sociology/deviance/section5.rhtml
Reply 5270
Original post by arminb
could you please share send me some of them? As attachments.

Yeah I will photocopy them for you tomorrow
Reply 5271
Original post by Am0312x
Yeah I will photocopy them for you tomorrow

Thank you very much in advance :smile:
Original post by arminb
Congratulations on your offer! Im sure you'll love London, it is a very diverse city and you'll see people from all over the world which is an amazing experience. The downside is the cost and the accommodation is usually small. In addition you might not have the best campus life in London unis but there are lots of places that you can go at nights.
Regarding the sociology and psychology, have you got any resources that can share with me. Such as notes, summaries, sample essays etc... I am really struggling with the lack of resources.Particularly with sociology. :mad:

I'm not certain on LSE yet, I'm considering Durham as my other possible firm choice too, but I've fallen in love with the idea of starting a life in London.

Regarding the resources, for Psychology, we mostly use the textbooks, and the varying ranges of studies/questions would make finding any material difficult for you, which I do understand. Try and order some textbooks offline if you don't have any, there's loads of websites that do them second hand for cheap and they usually contain sample essays with them.

As for Sociology, I'm doing Crime and Research Methods too, and my Teacher made a huge note booklet on that. It's got everything in nicely summarised and stuffs, and although it's not masses of use specifically with application of theory (which is down to an individual's own sociological thinking in the most case), it's got a lot of studies/theories in. I haven't got it on my laptop at the minute, but I'll post it as an attachment when I get into college tomorrow! :biggrin:

P.S. Brownie points for the Jim Morrison icon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5273
Original post by scottajmusgrove
I'm not certain on LSE yet, I'm considering Durham as my other possible firm choice too, but I've fallen in love with the idea of starting a life in London.

Regarding the resources, for Psychology, we mostly use the textbooks, and the varying ranges of studies/questions would make finding any material difficult for you, which I do understand. Try and order some textbooks offline if you don't have any, there's loads of websites that do them second hand for cheap and they usually contain sample essays with them.

As for Sociology, I'm doing Crime and Research Methods too, and my Teacher made a huge note booklet on that. It's got everything in nicely summarised and stuffs, and although it's not masses of use specifically with application of theory (which is down to an individual's own sociological thinking in the most case), it's got a lot of studies/theories in. I haven't got it on my laptop at the minute, but I'll post it as an attachment when I get into college tomorrow! :biggrin:

P.S. Brownie points for the Jim Morrison icon.

I think LSE is better for sociology so I'd go with LSE. Durham is mostly popular for history, english and physics although it is a good uni for all courses.
And please I really need those notes and I'd really appreciate it if you could give them to me. :smile:
I love the doors by the way.
Original post by arminb
I think LSE is better for sociology so I'd go with LSE. Durham is mostly popular for history, english and physics although it is a good uni for all courses.
And please I really need those notes and I'd really appreciate it if you could give them to me. :smile:
I love the doors by the way.

I'll send them first thing tomorrow!
Let's hope that today brings us some good news, good luck everyone.
Original post by Blackfyre
Let's hope that today brings us some good news, good luck everyone.

Good luck to you and everyone else too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an offer for IR and History. Im shocked! :biggrin:
Given an unconditional offer for history at 10am exactly this morning. Dream come true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhhh just got an offer for maths and economics!!! So so so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending