The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

FFs Bradford losing and the manager is out of ideas. Thats 1 in 21 games absolutley useless. Parky looking on the verge of getting sacked. :angry: #Relegation # Dark days
LOOOOOL - http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/joey-barton-head-locked-to-the-ground-by-derbys-chris-martin-4299991/

If it were any other player, there would be talk of disciplinary action. Just because it's Barton though, they make light of it :lol:
Reply 182
We're leicester city, and we're top of the league!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Akash16
We're leicester city, and we're top of the league!!!!!!!!!

Just in time to avoid sanctions for years of ridiculous overspending too-congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Just in time to avoid sanctions for years of ridiculous overspending too-congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You realise that actually we are complying with FFP. Oh and one summer in a decade is hardly years of - Svens one summer window aside we haven't spent big since tater peeler. Big spending Leicester is one of the biggest myths in the football league - Jordan Rhodes cost about as much as our entire first XI

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 185
We'r top of the league ,we're top of the top of the league! THERES ONLY ONE NIGEL PEARSON!
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
You realise that actually we are complying with FFP. Oh and one summer in a decade is hardly years of - Svens one summer window aside we haven't spent big since tater peeler. Big spending Leicester is one of the biggest myths in the football league - Jordan Rhodes cost about as much as our entire first XI

Posted from TSR Mobile

How much are you losing per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
How much are you losing per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hard to tell given the recent wiping out of the debt - we'd lost 51.5m over 3 seasons between 2009 and 2012, but as part of that debt wipe we've got a £10m cushion there as part of FFP - the dealings this season combined with our mass sale (Mills, Wellens, Beckford, Peltier all gone, Danns & Gallagher out on loan...) means at the moment we're not going to make an £8m loss for this season - we won't be stung by FFP. If you want to focus on any team with regards to FFP, it's Forest, they are well in the red as far as FFP is concerned, they've pretty much ignored it (from what I've heard they think it won't hold up in court so aren't bothered trying to comply with it.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Hard to tell given the recent wiping out of the debt - we'd lost 51.5m over 3 seasons between 2009 and 2012, but as part of that debt wipe we've got a £10m cushion there as part of FFP - the dealings this season combined with our mass sale (Mills, Wellens, Beckford, Peltier all gone, Danns & Gallagher out on loan...) means at the moment we're not going to make an £8m loss for this season - we won't be stung by FFP. If you want to focus on any team with regards to FFP, it's Forest, they are well in the red as far as FFP is concerned, they've pretty much ignored it (from what I've heard they think it won't hold up in court so aren't bothered trying to comply with it.

The latest Leicester accounts did not make encouraging reading. It shouldn't look like I'm singling them out, so many other teams have made a joke of the League's attempts to encourage prudent running of their clubs. Cardiff being the biggest case in point.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Akash16
We'r top of the league ,we're top of the top of the league! THERES ONLY ONE NIGEL PEARSON!

It's going to be hilarious when you go straight back down.
Reply 190
Original post by Silver Arrows
It's going to be hilarious when you go straight back down.

Naa mate I tell you what's hilarious...25 points ahead of you mans hahaha! WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
Original post by Akash16
Naa mate I tell you what's hilarious...25 points ahead of you mans hahaha! WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

You're just like a 10 year old. Embarrassing.
Reply 192
Hi guys,

I posted this yesterday and I got a fantastic response, so now I only need a few more people to take part..

For those who don't know, i'm doing a survey on football sponsorship for my final year project at Uni. I need some non United or City fans to take part, so I guess this is the perfect place! lol

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/103171PQOSR

It literally takes 1-2mins and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

They don't call it Incester for nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A92
Hi guys,

I posted this yesterday and I got a fantastic response, so now I only need a few more people to take part..

For those who don't know, i'm doing a survey on football sponsorship for my final year project at Uni. I need some non United or City fans to take part, so I guess this is the perfect place! lol

Thanks

Not sure this thread is the best place to get results for that survey as why on earth would anybody who doesn't support man city have an opinion on their sponsorship :confused: I honestly couldn't finish your survey as I had no opinion what so ever.
Original post by A92
Hi guys,

Thanks

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Not sure this thread is the best place to get results for that survey as why on earth would anybody who doesn't support man city have an opinion on their sponsorship :confused: I honestly couldn't finish your survey as I had no opinion what so ever.

I answered this when they posted in the chat section. It isn't even really about City, more about Etihad Airways.
Reply 196
I answered this when they posted in the chat section. It isn't even really about City, more about Etihad Airways.

That survey is for the control group, so i'm basically looking for a neutral response.

Thanks for filling it out though guys!
Original post by A92
That survey is for the control group, so i'm basically looking for a neutral response.

Thanks for filling it out though guys!

You do understand that the 'fans' will mainly be plastic glory hunters?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198

LoOl 10 year old bruv? why am I on student room if Im a 10 year old? LOL..cant take it coz WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, WE'RE LEICESTER CITY, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! WHO ARE YAA WHO ARE YAAA!!
Original post by Akash16
LoOl 10 year old bruv? why am I on student room if Im a 10 year old? LOL..cant take it coz WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, WE'RE LEICESTER CITY, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE! WHO ARE YAA WHO ARE YAAA!!

Leeds United. A lot bigger & more successful club than what Leicester City will ever be.

Quick Reply

Latest