The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by frogs r everywhere
A friend of mine works at specsavers. Another decided to work as a teaching assistant. :smile: It doesn't really matter if you decide to work at A and E or Mcdonalds, it's the reflection upon you experience that counts!

I am so desperate to do this for a final term... was it in a primary school?
Original post by ameelia22
I am so desperate to do this for a final term... was it in a primary school?

It was indeed. :smile:
Original post by frogs r everywhere
It was indeed. :smile:

Any NVQ or anything like that? Was the interview difficult? Did they have previous child care exp?

Excuse all the questions I would just kill to swap positions right now :")
Reply 3883
Hey guys I have an interview for a clinical support worker post and was wondering if anyone has any tips? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3884
Got an offer from Southampton! This gap year was totally worth it :smile:
Original post by Obaidiio

Congrats !! :biggrin:

Odd question: did they have a UKCAT cut off?

Congrats!!! :biggrin:

Aww well done!!! :woo: So happy for you :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm sure these links will be getting super annoying but i'm ridiculously excited - guardian are doing a medical school special!!!
Reply 3890
Original post by purple and gold
Congrats !! :biggrin:

Thank youuu!!

Odd question: did they have a UKCAT cut off?

I'm not sure whether or not they had a definite cut off. They interviewed students in order of their UKCAT scores. I'm not sure what the lowest UKCAT score was that made the list for the interview. I had my interview on the 28th and my UKCAT average is 742.5- there were two more interview dates after mine so I'm guessing those UKCAT scores were around the 710 mark at the least!

Original post by minhle20
Congrats!!! :biggrin:

Thankssss!! XD

Original post by Joannywhite
Aww well done!!! :woo: So happy for you :biggrin:

Thank you Joan! :biggrin: It's such a huge relief- I didn't think they would reply so quickly! I mean, I have been waiting almost two months for Kings. :s-smilie:
I'm glad I can withdraw my St Georges Biomed application, lol. Have you heard back from any of your unis yet??
Currently got my eye on the back door of HCA work. Applied to a couple of Teaching Assistant posts and a couple of admin posts...anyone else doing the same thing?

Also has anyone else given any thought as to whether they plan on keeping / finding a new job during pre-clinical years near uni?
Currently got my eye on the back door of HCA work. Applied to a couple of Teaching Assistant posts and a couple of admin posts...anyone else doing the same thing?

Also has anyone else given any thought as to whether they plan on keeping / finding a new job during pre-clinical years near uni?

I don't plan on having a job through uni hopefully ill have earned enough this year to make that possible as I'd rather focus on uni and actually having a social life since this year has been so full on with work :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any NVQ or anything like that? Was the interview difficult? Did they have previous child care exp?

Excuse all the questions I would just kill to swap positions right now :")

I'm not entirely sure I'm afraid. However, I would gather that if an NVQ was required, they probably would outline this pre-interview.

Thank you Joan! :biggrin: It's such a huge relief- I didn't think they would reply so quickly! I mean, I have been waiting almost two months for Kings. :s-smilie:
I'm glad I can withdraw my St Georges Biomed application, lol. Have you heard back from any of your unis yet??

I finally got that rejection from Aberdeen and i got an amended offer for biomed from Sheffield. So right now SGUL is my last hope. U gonna firm the Southampton offer then or u gonna wait for Kings?
I finally got that rejection from Aberdeen and i got an amended offer for biomed from Sheffield. So right now SGUL is my last hope. U gonna firm the Southampton offer then or u gonna wait for Kings?

Sorry to hear... At least there is still hope for St Georges. Hopefully waiting listers will hear some good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
Sorry to hear... At least there is still hope for St Georges. Hopefully waiting listers will hear some good news.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's alright :smile: It's not over yet. You had an interview at another uni right? How did that go?
That's alright :smile: It's not over yet. You had an interview at another uni right? How did that go?

It was alright thanks :/
I don't know how St Georges can expect us to wait till May to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
It was alright thanks :/
I don't know how St Georges can expect us to wait till May to hear back!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know waiting sucks but there's nothing we can do i guess. Let's just hope sth positive comes out of all the waiting :smile:
I know waiting sucks but there's nothing we can do i guess. Let's just hope sth positive comes out of all the waiting :smile:

Yeah i guess so :smile: was the decision from sheffield post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending