Congratulation!!!I didn't hear any news from LSE for a long time.T^T
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Oh what a nice day, congratulation guys!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mircea Lucescu
Just received an offer for IR and History. Im shocked! :biggrin:

That's incredible!! Well done and congratulations!!
Mind telling us when you applied and your GCSEs and A levels? Thanks!!
Unconditional offer for pure economics whoooooooo
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
That's incredible!! Well done and congratulations!!
Mind telling us when you applied and your GCSEs and A levels? Thanks!!

Thank you so much! :smile:

Im a EU-applicant and my grades can't be directly converted. I sent the application on the 7th of december.
I have been waiting for a reply for IR and History since the 14th of October. However, my personal statement had absolutely nothing on IR at all as I was a history and politics applicant. Alas... Another thursday/friday go by with no response.
Original post by Mircea Lucescu
Thank you so much! :smile:

Im a EU-applicant and my grades can't be directly converted. I sent the application on the 7th of december.

Oh of course should have guessed by your name. I've applied for IR and that's the same department yours so hopefully they're finally making some decisions :smile:
Original post by Vilesilencer
I have been waiting for a reply for IR and History since the 14th of October. However, my personal statement had absolutely nothing on IR at all as I was a history and politics applicant. Alas... Another thursday/friday go by with no response.

Feel your pain, I've been waiting for exactly the same amount of time for IR :/
Looks like an offer day, congrats to the few posters who've already got offers today!
Original post by Alwaysannoyed
Feel your pain, I've been waiting for exactly the same amount of time for IR :/

we struggle on...
Original post by sophiekate1
Ahhhh just got an offer for maths and economics!!! So so so happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations! May i ask what your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades are? And what was the last email you had received and when?
Original post by season1209
congratulations! May i ask what your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades are? And what was the last email you had received and when?

Thank you! I am so shocked
GCSE's : 6a*'s 4a's and 1b
AS : 4a's (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology)
A2 Predicted : 1a* (Maths) and 2a's (Further Maths and Chemistry)
I applied on the 22nd of November, and got the 7 weeks email on the 29th November
(edited 10 years ago)
Thank you! I am so shocked
GCSE's : 6a*'s 4a's and 1b
AS : 4a's (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Biology)
A2 Predicted : 1a* (Maths) and 2a's (Further Maths and Chemistry)
I applied on the 22nd of November, and got the 7 weeks email on the 29th November

I am in a similar position as you but with no offer. Applied on 14th November and also got the 7 week email on the 29th of November (currently 2 weeks past deadline). Predicted A*A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History), AS: AAAB, GCSE: 5A*,4A,1B,1C.
(edited 10 years ago)
I am in a similar position as you but with no offer. Applied on 14th November and also got the 7 week email on the 29th of November (currently 2 weeks past deadline). Predicted A*A*A*A (Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History), AS: AAAB, GCSE: 5A*,4A,1B,1C.

You are in a really similar position to me, I hope you get an offer soon :smile:
Original post by StretfordEnd
Judging from the people who have received rejections, nearly all people across all depts seem to have been told 'Sorry, your academic profile was good but your PS just didn't cut the mustard'

With that in mind, the way I'm interpreting the UGAA invite (I've had it, too) is 'Well, your PS is certainly good enough but you're not studying A levels (either because you're mature or foreign) so we'll judge our academic ability for ourselves thank you very much'

It's probably very simplistic and over enthusiastic of me, but my mindset here is...if I don't **** the UGAA up, I have a very good chance of receiving an offer.

I mean, if the PS isn't good enough for an offer then they wouldn't invite you to the UGAA, so it's just down to:

1) How intelligent you are
2) How effective you are in exam conditions (which is how most of LSE grade their students)

I hope you are good at maths.
You are in a really similar position to me, I hope you get an offer soon :smile:

Thankyou!
Thankyou!

Did you apply for maths and economics or with economics?
Original post by #Unknown
Did you apply for maths and economics or with economics?

I applied to 2 courses. BSc Economics and BSc Maths and Economics.
Reply 5298
Economic History department wake up!
Reply 5299
Original post by ida3388
Economic History department wake up!

Yes, please!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending