The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Unsuccessful for Brunel. Has anyone heard from Derby yet?
Reply 81
Unsuccessful for York st John after interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview for Robert Gordan, Aberdeen :biggrin: has anyone else had an interview with them? I'm from Ireland and i'v never done any interviews or prepping like this before. Any help anyone can give me about it would be great :biggrin:
Reply 83
sorry to hear u were unsuccessful maybe its not meant to be..how long did it take for them 2 get back 2 u?

Original post by MissFiifi
Unsuccessful for York st John after interview :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Emz96
sorry to hear u were unsuccessful maybe its not meant to be..how long did it take for them 2 get back 2 u?

They took a week to reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by caitspearson
I had an interview for UEA right at the start of January and still haven't heard back, it's my 1st or 2nd choice. I've heard from everywhere else though and I had interviews after it! Has anyon else heard back from UEA? I hope they reply soon I'm going mad waiting

Hey, would you mind me asking what was the interview like at UEA? I've mine next week and not sure what to expect! I've never had an interview before!! I'm sure you'll hear back from them soon:-) Good luck with all your other choices too!
Hey! Basically you have a simple English comprehension about birds and a simple maths test but these don't mean anything unless you get a place, it's basically to see if you would need any help etc on the course. For the interview it was 5 minutes with 4 different interviewers in a room, they were of different occupations (eg. Lecturer, social worker etc), you got a minute to prepare your answer which helped loads don't worry! 5 minutes can be long, make sure you've brushed up on why you want to do it etc and what it is and keep calm and don't talk too fast, I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck and thank you! I hope so I loved it there! You applied anywhere else?
Reply 87
Original post by caitspearson
Hey! Basically you have a simple English comprehension about birds and a simple maths test but these don't mean anything unless you get a place, it's basically to see if you would need any help etc on the course. For the interview it was 5 minutes with 4 different interviewers in a room, they were of different occupations (eg. Lecturer, social worker etc), you got a minute to prepare your answer which helped loads don't worry! 5 minutes can be long, make sure you've brushed up on why you want to do it etc and what it is and keep calm and don't talk too fast, I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck and thank you! I hope so I loved it there! You applied anywhere else?

Hi! :smile:
Thank you so much, that's really helpful! I hope you get offered a place.
The interview doesn't sound too bad I suppose, once I stay calm! Are the interviewers nice? Did you like the university and campus etc? I've also applied for Southampton, Cardiff, QMU and Coventry! What about you?
I actually have my interview for Cardiff on the same day as East Anglia and I'm finding it so difficult to choose between either one!! Thanks again for your advice:-)x
Reply 88
Anyone had an interview at Canterbury Christ Church?
Reply 89
I was wondering the samemthing :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So far I've had offers from Brunel and Oxford Brookes (likely to be my firm). I withdrew from Canterbury, and have interviews from Bournemouth and Southampton coming up. Considering withdrawing from Bournemouth also though, but I'm not sure :/
Original post by chanel1995
Hi! :smile:
Thank you so much, that's really helpful! I hope you get offered a place.
The interview doesn't sound too bad I suppose, once I stay calm! Are the interviewers nice? Did you like the university and campus etc? I've also applied for Southampton, Cardiff, QMU and Coventry! What about you?
I actually have my interview for Cardiff on the same day as East Anglia and I'm finding it so difficult to choose between either one!! Thanks again for your advice:-)x

It's alright, I hope you do too! Thanks :smile: the interviewers are great and it's a really chilled day. I loved UEA probably the most, the campus, city and teachers are all great so fingers crossed I get offered a place! You could email/ring them and they may offer you another interview date? I had oxford Brooke's and UEA on the same day but I emailed and oxford Brooke's offered me a later date, give it a try maybe? I've also applied to London South bank, Northampton, Brunel and Oxford Brooke's :smile: just waiting to hear from UEA as I withdrew from London South bank. You're welcome I hope it goes well for you :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by Batistuta
Unsuccessful for Brunel. Has anyone heard from Derby yet?

Hi, I have an interview for Derby tomorrow. I was waiting for about 3 weeks for a response. Don't worry it just takes time. I'm still waiting for 3 more offers. :smile:
Reply 93
I have an interview at derby tmrw too! X
Reply 94
Original post by naomineate
I have an interview at derby tmrw too! X

Really? I'm so nervous! Hopefully it wont be as bad as i think! x
Reply 95
Original post by Catherine_H
So far I've had offers from Brunel and Oxford Brookes (likely to be my firm). I withdrew from Canterbury, and have interviews from Bournemouth and Southampton coming up. Considering withdrawing from Bournemouth also though, but I'm not sure :/

I think it's silly not attending interviews. Might as well try and get all the offers you can unless you're certain! Do you have a first and an insurance becuase that's the safest.

Will Brookes be your first choice thenn?
Reply 96
Hello I have a upcoming interview at Brunel, I was just wondering what the interview was like? and to expect.
I have an interview for derby tomorrow too! Incredibly nervous any idea of anything we should prepare the only information I can find is that we have group and individual verbal and none verbal activities?
Reply 98
Original post by Catherine_H

his
I have an upcoming interview for Brunel university which is my 1st choice could you please tell how your interview went?

Thank you
Reply 99
Original post by Hollielikestea
I have an interview for derby tomorrow too! Incredibly nervous any idea of anything we should prepare the only information I can find is that we have group and individual verbal and none verbal activities?

Some people say we have a short maths and English test, just to check our basics. Not sure if we get this at the interview tomorrow though, or whether that's just for other uni places.

Quick Reply

Latest