The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by medcrazy101
does anyone think theres much chance of still getting an interview. 6.5 5.5 and 3.5A Bmat, 2A*2A a level predictions, 7A*S/3A's GCSES, quite a lot of work experience volunteering extra curricular ect so id say a decent personal statement.

Please can someone give me some information, desperate here! i really really liked UCL so would be very sad if i didn't hear anything at all

You have all better stats than me!! Just keep waiting, I'm sure you'll get one!
Reply 921
Original post by mli26
I have an offer with 4.5 5.5 2.5A, your bmat score is not low. There's still hope

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you but I really feel like they'll reject me. I don't know why else they'd leave it so long
Reply 922
Offer holders: do we have to get a bloodtest before we enrol or do they provide us with the test after enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 923
Original post by mli26
Offer holders: do we have to get a bloodtest before we enrol or do they provide us with the test after enrolment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As I understand it, if you live in the UK you must take the blood test beforehand following all their specifications (ID verified, CPA accredited etc). For international students (like myself), I'm unsure, but I'll probably be ringing them tomorrow to find out and can let you know.
Interview 4/3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 925
Original post by mli26

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you can do either- I have to admit I haven't looked at the medical questionnaire in much detail yet but I'm sure that's what I read! Have you had a look at the price list on the website!? All the blood tests and vaccinations are sooo expensive!!
Reply 926
I've just joined the medicine offer holders group on facebook- everyone else with an offer should join too! :smile: (as it's kind of dead on there haha) https://www.facebook.com/groups/287770328041706/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mli26

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well unless they've changed what they want, then you can either get a blood test done yourself that is CPA credited or you can wait and let the medical occupational health do it for you which will be after you enrol. Bear in mind you'll have to pay for it, I think mine came to £100 :frown:
Reply 928
Got an offer :biggrin: my interview was 5/2 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 929
interview!!!! don't believe it...after getting rejected from everywhere else!! gcse 8A*'S 2 A's
bmat: 4.3 4.9 3a
as: AAAB
predicted: A*AA
genuinely shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by tehreem5
interview!!!! don't believe it...after getting rejected from everywhere else!! gcse 8A*'S 2 A's
genuinely shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :biggrin: Good luck in the interview :smile:

I just got an interview too! 4/3
Gcse: 8A* 2A
BMAT: 6.2 5.5 3A
AS: AAAB
Predicted: AAAA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 932
Just got my offer! :biggrin:

Had my interview on the 11th and got my offer on the 13th! and I thought it went badly too!

For those that think their BMAT was bad have some hope, my writing section was 3.0C!

Good Luck to those waiting!
Original post by amood00
Just got my offer! :biggrin:

Had my interview on the 11th and got my offer on the 13th! and I thought it went badly too!

For those that think their BMAT was bad have some hope, my writing section was 3.0C!

Good Luck to those waiting!

Congratulations :biggrin: Ah I know someone who got in with a lower BMAT score then that! xD
Reply 934
i just got a deferred entry offer like man did i just get friendzoned by a uni or what?
Reply 935
Anyone with a score below this year's average in any BMAT section was given an interview?
Reply 936
Original post by halast7
Anyone with a score below this year's average in any BMAT section was given an interview?

I got an offer with 6.5, 4.6 (below average) and 2.5B (below average) so the BMAT isn't the be all and end all :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 937
Original post by zhang599
Congrats :biggrin: Good luck in the interview :smile:

thanku!! any tips?
:smile:
Reply 938
Original post by timeywimey
I just got an interview too! 4/3
Gcse: 8A* 2A
BMAT: 6.2 5.5 3A
AS: AAAB
Predicted: AAAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

wooooo!! and mines on the 19th of march!! last day of interviewing!
wooooo!! and mines on the 19th of march!! last day of interviewing!

Good luck! I have a quick question, in the email, did they ask you to send a copy of your as results? Because they asked me.. Just wondering why

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending