The Student Room Group

How long before she texts me?

Hey,

I've been talked to a girl in my class on three occasions and she's really nice. Yesterday I gave her my phone number. But I hate the waiting game, how long do you usually wait to text somebody?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Wait, so you gave her your number and you didn't get her number? Is this right?
Reply 2
A lot of people will say a few days. But that's just a general "thing" that people do so they don't look desperate.
Reply 3
She isn't going to text you. She'll wait until you say something to her about it.

Best thing you can do is change your number and try again, this time get her number too then ring it so you know its real and she has yours saved.
Reply 4
Original post by Jebedee
She isn't going to text you. She'll wait until you say something to her about it.

Best thing you can do is change your number and try again, this time get her number too then ring it so you know its real and she has yours saved.

That's really weird

Change your number? Over this?
Reply 5
Original post by Катя
That's really weird

Change your number? Over this?

Personally, I'd move on and forget it but the guy wanted to know what he can do with this girl soooo....
Reply 6
Original post by Jebedee
Personally, I'd move on and forget it but the guy wanted to know what he can do with this girl soooo....

Once again, that's really weird. He gave her his phone number yesterday. What were you expecting to happen?
Reply 7
Original post by Катя
Once again, that's really weird. He gave her his phone number yesterday. What were you expecting to happen?

Nothing, girls don't make the first text unless they're really really into the guy and sometimes not even then...but this situation sounds like the opposite.
Reply 8
Original post by jay2013
Wait, so you gave her your number and you didn't get her number? Is this right?

I know mate, I fd up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Jebedee
Nothing, girls don't make the first text unless they're really really into the guy and sometimes not even then...but this situation sounds like the opposite.

Thanks buddy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by DJMJ
I know mate, I fd up lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never mind. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Next time you see her, say you lost your contacts on your phone and you're asking everyone to message you with their numbers. Then ask her to text you something random. Then you have her number :wink:
Reply 11
Original post by jay2013
Never mind. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Next time you see her, say you lost your contacts on your phone and you're asking everyone to message you with their numbers. Then ask her to text you something random. Then you have her number :wink:

She's the type of girl who'd give me her number anyway lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by AlphaNick
lol I gave a girl my number and about 2 weeks later she started randomly texting me and chatting.

and no, she didn't 'like' me in that way.

The world isn't that small

She sounds awesome!

Posted from TSR LadMobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending