The Student Room Group

Why do people say they don't revise?

Why do people say they don't revise for their exams when they clearly do? It's not as if theres any shame in having to revise to get good grades, so why do people pretend they don't?

A few people do this at my school and it's really beginning to piss me off, IMO anyone who does this is a pretentious douche :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Some people just don't revise. Others do very little, and some lie about not revising so they have an 'excuse' if they get a low grade.
Tbh you're in high school. I got As without any revision at GCSE. If someone says they haven't revised for their Alevel exams on the other hand and still get As, they're liars I tell you. LIARS!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Swanbow
Some people just don't revise. Others do very little, and some lie about not revising so they have an 'excuse' if they get a low grade.

This essentially. You can divide the people who don't revise into 2 groups:
1. Those who actually don't revise,
2. Those who claim they don't so they're in a win-win situation no matter what they get.
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123
Tbh you're in high school. I got As without any revision at GCSE. If someone says they haven't revised for their Alevel exams on the other hand and still get As, they're liars I tell you. LIARS!

I know that the people in question do, but they still refuse to admit it. What is there to gain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Swanbow

The people I am talking about are arrogant douches who once mocked this other guy in my class for needing to revise :angry: What about people like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happens all the time at my school, mostly it's just so if they do badly they can cover it up with 'it doesn't matter because I didn't revise' or so everybody thinks they're so clever because can get an A without revising and there's also the 'I'm going to say I haven't revised so you won't ask me to help you' (it's a grammar school and it's competitive)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I tell my class mates I don't revise.. :lol: :colone:
Original post by majmuh24
Why do people say they don't revise for their exams when they clearly do? It's not as if theres any shame in having to revise to get good grades, so why do people pretend they don't?

A few people do this at my school and it's really beginning to piss me off, IMO anyone who does this is a pretentious douche :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't we have literally the exact same thread last year? Some people just don't need to revise much, especially for GCSEs.
Reply 9
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Why though? I don't really see the point in doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neek.
Reply 11
I know that the people in question do, but they still refuse to admit it. What is there to gain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So they look cool by showing off. Also, probably getting a sadistic kick from making those who revised a lot feel bad. However, there are those who are truly able to get good results with no/ little revision.
Why though? I don't really see the point in doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool.. to take the piss, I usually end up with the highest grades (I go to a crappy state school) and pretend I don't put any effort. When in actual fact, I try so hard :cry2:. We did our Economics mock and the second highest grade was a C whereas I got A* in both papers. I told the class I didn't revise and they hate me for life now :lol:. :colone: I understand your frustration.
Reply 13
Original post by MidnightDream
Happens all the time at my school, mostly it's just so if they do badly they can cover it up with 'it doesn't matter because I didn't revise' or so everybody thinks they're so clever because can get an A without revising and there's also the 'I'm going to say I haven't revised so you won't ask me to help you' (it's a grammar school and it's competitive)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! This is exactly the reason why people do this. Of course everyone does revision, whether it's last minute or progressively over several months/weeks.

All the people who revise properly say "I've done no revision OMG!" Then come out with 5 A's...

It's really infuriating! Not to mention the people who wave their paper and brag, while simultaneously saying they have done no revision to emphasise how "naturally" clever and amazingly great their intelligence is.
Reply 14
The people I am talking about are arrogant douches who once mocked this other guy in my class for needing to revise :angry: What about people like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are just idiots, unfortunately you get people like that in life.

I mean when I don't revise I hardly brag about it, it is nothing but my own stupidity not to do so. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail, n' all that.
Original post by KingKumar
So they look cool by showing off. Also, probably getting a sadistic kick from making those who revised a lot feel bad. However, there are those who are truly able to get good results with no/ little revision.

I understand your point, but the thing that I don't get is their arrogant reasons to show off about it. What is there to gain from putting people down in this way?

Fair enough if you actually don't revise and do well, but there is really no need to brag about it as all it accomplishes is to make you seem like a pretentious tosspot.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

most of the time i don't revise. didn't revise for my mocks at as and got ADDE. woooooooooop
Lool.. to take the piss, I usually end up with the highest grades (I go to a crappy state school) and pretend I don't put any effort. When in actual fact, I try so hard :cry2:. We did our Economics mock and the second highest grade was a C whereas I got A* in both papers. I told the class I didn't revise and they hate me for life now :lol:. :colone: I understand your frustration.

To be honest, this happens to me sometimes as well where I can occasionaly obtain high grades without much effort, but I would never thrust it in someone's face or show off about it, because I find that a mean, arrogant and pretentious thing to do.

Original post by .A_C.
Haha! This is exactly the reason why people do this. Of course everyone does revision, whether it's last minute or progressively over several months/weeks.

All the people who revise properly say "I've done no revision OMG!" Then come out with 5 A's...

It's really infuriating! Not to mention the people who wave their paper and brag, while simultaneously saying they have done no revision to emphasise how "naturally" clever and amazingly great their intelligence is.

LOL, this is what the people I'm talking about do. It seems as if tey are not content with simply obtaining A/A* and need to further set themselves apart from everyone else by bragging about how they did no revision and mocking others that did. Such arrogant ****ers, I honestly want to just hit them half the time :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I understand your point, but the thing that I don't get is their arrogant reasons to show off about it. What is there to gain from putting people down in this way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The answer to your question is that they are......dicks. You come across many of them throughout life and the reasons behind their dickish ways are unknown to all but themselves.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont revise, if I do it's very little, and I only get average grades, I've been slacking in all subjects tbf

Quick Reply

Latest