The Student Room Group

First date, what to wear help!!

Hi all, I'm going on a date in a couple of days and I have no idea what to wear! We're just going for some drinks at a bar, & I was thinking dressing smart & casual but not too dressy. As if going on a first date isn't nerve wracking enough without having to worry what clothes to choose.

I don't actually own a pair of jeans! And I'm on a budget so I cannot go out & buy something new. But I have a few skirts, mini & midi length, and a few simple dresses & tops knocking about in my wardrobe.

So I was wondering what thoughts do you have on what to wear to a first date? And guys what dates have you been on where the girl has been dressed hot or not?

All comments will be appreciated, thanks for helping me out! :smile:
Original post by EmmaaNoeel
Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Can you guess which one I think? haha :smile: I think a cute, casual light dress would be really nice. Show off those legs! Obviously do your hair up nice, and not too much on the makeup.. but try to emphasise your eyes the most :smile: You should of given us pictures, it's easier! :smile: Good luck on your date!

Pink, or stink?
Original post by EmmaaNoeel
Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Dress. Can you guess which one I think? haha :smile: I think a cute, casual light dress would be really nice. Show off those legs! Obviously do your hair up nice, and not too much on the makeup.. but try to emphasise your eyes the most :smile: You should of given us pictures, it's easier! :smile: Good luck on your date!

Thankyou for your advice! Think I'm taking this info on board, less panicky now, phew!! Hopefully it shall go more smoothly now :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by jenny.lorraine
Hi all, I'm going on a date in a couple of days and I have no idea what to wear! We're just going for some drinks at a bar, & I was thinking dressing smart & casual but not too dressy. As if going on a first date isn't nerve wracking enough without having to worry what clothes to choose.

I don't actually own a pair of jeans! And I'm on a budget so I cannot go out & buy something new. But I have a few skirts, mini & midi length, and a few simple dresses & tops knocking about in my wardrobe.

So I was wondering what thoughts do you have on what to wear to a first date? And guys what dates have you been on where the girl has been dressed hot or not?

All comments will be appreciated, thanks for helping me out! :smile:

For a post that isn't trolling, I would say just wear what you feel comfortable in. Wear how much makeup you normally wear. He will be used to how you normally look. Within reason men don't really care how girls dress that much. As long as it is something you like, he will probably like it too.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by mrderp28
For a post that isn't trolling, I would say just wear what you feel comfortable in. Wear how much makeup you normally wear. He will be used to how you normally look. Within reason men don't really care how girls dress that much. As long as it is something you like, he will probably like it too.

Thankyou for a genuine post and some good advice, & yeah it does help :smile:
Reply 5
Thankyou for a genuine post and some good advice, & yeah it does help :smile:

Enjoy your date
Reply 6
hiya!! i was like this on my first date too, don't do anything different to your normal attire, he has to like you for you! :smile: i'm sure you're dazzling in anything, good luck and all the best <3 x
Original post by KaylaMary
hiya!! i was like this on my first date too, don't do anything different to your normal attire, he has to like you for you! :smile: i'm sure you're dazzling in anything, good luck and all the best <3 x

Aww I'm glad its not just me!! Thankyou :smile:
Reply 8
Aww I'm glad its not just me!! Thankyou :smile:

no problem! you'll have a wonderful time i'm sure, let me know how it goes xx
Reply 9
Aw. I was like this on my first date, which was with my still OH :smile:
We went too a nice bar for some drinks, I wore a pair of skinnies, black high heels and a black figure hugging long sleeved lace top laced top. I didnt want to show off too much on the first date, I thought skinnies and a figure hugging top where just enough, shows of my figure whilst not baring any flesh :wink: Lets him have an imagination :P I didnt wear too much makeup, but made sure my hair made a statement, with nice loose curls all clipped to the side :smile:

I felt comfortable with what I chose to wear, and thats what matters!
I must have gone through everything in my wardrobe before hand! Before realising I was freaking out way to much and just had to be comfortable with what I was wearing.
Being comfortable and feeling good in what you wear will make you more confident and that confidence will show! :smile:

I would just advise not to wear something too flashy or showy as he might get the wrong impression of what your after. Dont give away too much :smile:
Original post by mrderp28

where something you feel cosy in and thats you like just be yourself cause if ube weird and they like u for that person then u be normal they could hate you so be yourself dress normaly like u would usually ps:its a fact its happened to me i lost my world x
Reply 11
Original post by boobear13
where something you feel cosy in and thats you like just be yourself cause if ube weird and they like u for that person then u be normal they could hate you so be yourself dress normaly like u would usually ps:its a fact its happened to me i lost my world x

5 years old, the date is long past now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending