The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Leicester ,leicester ,leicester.....leicester, leicester leicesterrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! Oh when the blues, oh when the blues go marching in !!
Reply 201
Original post by Silver Arrows
Leeds United. A lot bigger & more successful club than what Leicester City will ever be.

Awww you must be soo butthurt that youre bringing up Leeds' history :frown: Moment of sadness for yourself. :frown:( We live in 2014 mate, not in 1914. Do me a favour, and keep it present.
Original post by Akash16
Awww you must be soo butthurt that youre bringing up Leeds' history :frown: Moment of sadness for yourself. :frown:( We live in 2014 mate, not in 1914. Do me a favour, and keep it present.

Leeds United didn't exist in 1914.
Reply 203
Original post by Akash16
Leicester ,leicester ,leicester.....leicester, leicester leicesterrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!! Oh when the blues, oh when the blues go marching in !!

booo tinpot lesta boooooo oh wen the orns, o wen the orns, o wen the orns go marching innnnn, i want te b, in tht numba, oh wen we watch knockaert cri
Reply 204
Who are ya who are ya! Leicester leicester leicester leicester!!! Big up leicester bun all you other 23 clubs in the championship pahaha!
Reply 205
Original post by Akash16
Who are ya who are ya! Leicester leicester leicester leicester!!! Big up leicester bun all you other 23 clubs in the championship pahaha!

But your location says you're from Lestaa, yet you support Leicester. Support your local team mate. Also, why are Leicester Football Club now a bakery and putting all the other Championship teams in a bun, to make a roll or sandwich? Come on mate, general physics suggests 23 football stadiums couldn't fit into a roll. :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
But your location says you're from Lestaa, yet you support Leicester. Support your local team mate. Also, why are Leicester Football Club now a bakery and putting all the other Championship teams in a bun, to make a roll or sandwich? Come on mate, general physics suggests 23 football stadiums couldn't fit into a roll. :confused:

Millwall would give me food poisoning.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Leeds United. A lot bigger & more successful club than what Leicester City will ever be.

And proof that boiled eggs make good managers.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/459666/Ex-Chelsea-star-Paulo-Ferreira-eyes-English-side

Now that's an odd rumour... He seems far too big reputation, big money for the way Leicester and Derby have been operating this season. Surely will end up at QPR on 75k a week where 'Arry will then be lauded as a bargain hunting genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/459666/Ex-Chelsea-star-Paulo-Ferreira-eyes-English-side

Now that's an odd rumour... He seems far too big reputation, big money for the way Leicester and Derby have been operating this season. Surely will end up at QPR on 75k a week where 'Arry will then be lauded as a bargain hunting genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't see that happening at all. Way too much money for a position we've already got sorted with Wisdom.

This seems like a classic QPR signing to me. Surprised they weren't mentioned in the article, to be honest.
Original post by Midlander
And proof that boiled eggs make good managers.

And a bloody decent boiled egg he is as well :lol:
Reply 211
How long has it been since a team truly dominated the championship in the way Leciester are doing it right now?
Original post by trrr
How long has it been since a team truly dominated the championship in the way Leciester are doing it right now?

Newcastle completely controlled the league the year they went up.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Newcastle completely controlled the league the year they went up.

How Chris Hughton won praise for it I've no idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 214
Original post by trrr

Newcastle were the last to do it, with Reading dominating in 2005-06.
How Chris Hughton won praise for it I've no idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mainly benefited from how shocking they'd been the season before.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Mainly benefited from how shocking they'd been the season before.

West Ham should have breezed it too but contrived to need the play offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
West Ham should have breezed it too but contrived to need the play offs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

QPR seem to be trying their best to do this, too.
Original post by pane123
QPR seem to be trying their best to do this, too.

I really, really hope they don't get promoted. It'll finally show the media once and for all that their darling 'Arry is an incredibly overrated manager.

Leicester and Forest coming up would be perfect.
Reply 219
Original post by sr90
I really, really hope they don't get promoted. It'll finally show the media once and for all that their darling 'Arry is an incredibly overrated manager.

Leicester and Forest coming up would be perfect.

Yeh, they are well supported teams and would add something to the Premier League. I really do not want Burnley to come up.

Quick Reply

Latest