The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoggyTractor
No, it's a rubbish world. Everything about it is horrible. I hate this world.

Well if this is a rubbish world then it our job to make a wonderful, which is going to LSE and be the future leaders of tomorrow.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by arminb
anyone else wanting for lse history?

Yeah, my kid is still waiting.
Reply 5362
When you find out, do you get an e-mail from LSE first or from UCAS track?
Reply 5363
Original post by zzaacc
When you find out, do you get an e-mail from LSE first or from UCAS track?

I heard different versions.( both for offers)

but, I think if it is rej Fri...then the answer will be obvious. (Same for offer day)

BTW, I am still waiting
Original post by kanchenchunga

This is the Student Room, not the parent room.
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Well if this is a rubbish world then it our job to make a wonderful, which is going to LSE and be the future leaders of tomorrow.

You won't be saying that when you're applying next year and waiting and waiting and getting all these emails and 4 months later... STILL EFFING WAITING
Original post by Wilsoncw1997

Ouch. I was just being sarcastic and you punch me in the face by suggesting that only people at LSE can improve the world. Anyone can change the world, even people like me who've just been rejected by LSE.

This is a thread about LSE entry, not LSE rejection.
Reply 5368

You are totally pissed- I can tell.

Ouch. I was just being sarcastic and you punch me in the face by suggesting that only people at LSE can improve the world. Anyone can change the world, even people like me who've just been rejected by LSE.

Thats exactly how i used to feel about about Oxford, huge load of bull crap. Where you study isn't going to make your contributions less significant. Unless its changing the world David Cameron's way, which involves changing it for millionaires. Just chill bro, it's just a university that doesn't even interview. Many,like 30-40% of people go there solely to become bankers and lawyers, and have no interest in their subject.
Reply 5369

Ouh great, good luck to your son/daughter. I can't remember seeing anyone who got in for history. Except one yesterday who got an offer for history and int. relations.
Reply 5370
Original post by jeddybed
saif gaddafi ?

nice one :wink:.
Back to topic. Anyone got anything from government and economics?
Original post by arminb
Ouh great, good luck to your son/daughter. I can't remember seeing anyone who got in for history. Except one yesterday who got an offer for history and int. relations.

I got an offer for history yesterday :smile:
Original post by arminb
commiserations on your rejection bro:frown: I know it is difficult after all the waiting.
How come UCL is taking so long? When did you apply?

Applied 8th October....two months ago was send the questionnaire.

You got into LSE after the oxford rejection though :frown: I have rejections from both.

I've had a lesson in vanity though, I feel so humiliated that I ever thought I had some degree of respectable intelligence.
Original post by arminb

Thanks
Reply 5375
:banana::banana::bban::bban:
Original post by izzywilson123
I got an offer for history yesterday :smile:

:banana::banana:YAAaaaayyy thats awesome, you did a great job getting in! Msg me if you had any questions or didn't have anyone to attend the open day with. :bban::bban:
This is a thread about LSE entry, not LSE rejection.

I'm not going to argue with that
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5377
ECONOMIC HISTORY DEPARTMENT WHAT THE HECK IS UP? I am WWWWAAAAYYYYY overdue for a response!
Original post by puella_optima
Applied 8th October....two months ago was send the questionnaire.

You got into LSE after the oxford rejection though :frown: I have rejections from both.

I've had a lesson in vanity though, I feel so humiliated that I ever thought I had some degree of respectable intelligence.

I am yet to hear from them and when I will I'll probably be saying the same as you (also got rejected from oxf)

BUT do NOT think that this rejection is a reflection of your intellect. LSE is not a an instrument that can measure "respectable intelligence" so The fact that they did not accept you does not mean that you're any less intelligent than those they did. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere great and do amazingly.

Had to put that out there for everyone rejected by these universities at any point. They may decide who gets in, but the admissions officers are not there to measure our intellect or capabilities
Original post by arminb
You are totally pissed- I can tell.

Thats exactly how i used to feel about about Oxford, huge load of bull crap. Where you study isn't going to make your contributions less significant. Unless its changing the world David Cameron's way, which involves changing it for millionaires. Just chill bro, it's just a university that doesn't even interview. Many,like 30-40% of people go there solely to become bankers and lawyers, and have no interest in their subject.

I'm going to be a lawyer and I adore my subjects :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending