The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tibbz2
Is there anything similar for Physics, or have I missed out?

Looks awesome!

Physics was booked out weeks ago, sorry :frown:
Reply 8821
Original post by MangoFreak
Physics was booked out weeks ago, sorry :frown:

Aaaaah ****. Thanks for letting me know.

Need to find something to do, both for the experience and to get me away from my family :lol:
Original post by Tibbz2

Need to find something to do, both for the experience and to get me away from my family :lol:

Science? Away from family?

JOB DONE http://www.nuffieldresearchplacements.org/

(if you live in Norfolk disregard this link, can't be dealing with that competition :mmm:)
(edited 10 years ago)

How many places left? Might book it, but train ticket cost will probably kill me :frown: hate being poor :colonhash:
Original post by Tibbz2

Anything physics based will be impossible to find it's a nightmare!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How many places left? Might book it, but train ticket cost will probably kill me :frown: hate being poor :colonhash:

£17.50 return for me :mmm:

have you got a rail card? they subsidise the cost (if you end up using the train alot it covers its own cost, also an excuse to go to cambridge more often :wink: )

omg I just thought, we should all try and book an open day for the same day and we could have a tsr year 12 meet up :biggrin:
£17.50 return for me :mmm:

:frown:
Original post by tara8000
have you got a rail card? they subsidise the cost (if you end up using the train alot it covers its own cost, also an excuse to go to cambridge more often :wink: )

omg I just thought, we should all try and book an open day for the same day and we could have a tsr year 12 meet up :biggrin:

I do have a rail card, but still loads... Although I'd have to leave at like 4am in the morning and tube... And ****.

Which train station is it?

(if you live in Norfolk disregard this link, can't be dealing with that competition :mmm:)

I live in norfolk and I've applied! Fingers crossed! Go for it what have you got to loose! Do you know any other form of experience??
:frown:

I do have a rail card, but still loads... Although I'd have to leave at like 4am in the morning and tube... And ****.

Which train station is it?

what do you mean which station, is it not just cambridge? that's what I chose.... also there's the bus, 1 and 7 to get into town, 3.90 return/day rover I think :tongue:
Reply 8830

Thanks, heard of this before I think :smile:

Need to see what is happening about a possible work placement in the summer though before I can do anything, seeing as the placements of this seem to last just about all the holiday!
what do you mean which station, is it not just cambridge? that's what I chose.... also there's the bus, 1 and 7 to get into town, 3.90 return/day rover I think :tongue:

Cambridge station or Cambridge heath?:tongue:

**** :frown: don't know how I'll cope, what's the date of yours?

it's just cambridge. Don't worry you'll be fine :smile: life skillz fam. Oh, i'm not going x) I was suggesting we all book the separate open open day together :tongue: the one i wanted to do was on the first of feb xP
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I live in norfolk and I've applied! Fingers crossed! Go for it what have you got to loose! Do you know any other form of experience??

I have gone for it, I know I've nothing to lose (although actually if I didn't apply I would know that I could visit my family in Australia in the summer, so I suppose I'm losing that :rofl:). Jan Cockburn came to my school to talk to people interested, but I only really went to the meeting to subtly brag that I'd already heard about it and applied :lol:

It says on the Masterclass website that it's not Cambridge Heath :colonhash: :tongue:

I'm also scared of train by myself, and I've flown by myself before :lol: I suppose planes are unlikely to leave without you.
Reply 8834
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Anything physics based will be impossible to find it's a nightmare!

I can't tell if it's just a really popular subject so everywhere is booked, or unpopular so there is nothing for it :lol:

I'm also scared of train by myself, and I've flown by myself before :lol: I suppose planes are unlikely to leave without you.

you just have to make sure you give yourself enough time between changeovers, and don't get on the wrong train :tongue: a girl did that when we went on the shadowing scheme x.x
it's just cambridge. Don't worry you'll be fine :smile: life skillz fam. Oh, i'm not going x) I was suggesting we all book the separate open open day together :tongue: the one i wanted to do was on the first of feb xP

Engineering and chem are same day and time! (and languages/linguistics)

It says on the Masterclass website that it's not Cambridge Heath :colonhash: :tongue:

Didn't read tbh :tongue:

I caught the train by myself for my birthday last month :biggrin: and had to change over and that!
Engineering and chem are same day and time! (and languages/linguistics)

I know, I'm considering going for the languages.linguistics one... but it'd be really cheeky since I don't want to do that subject and my languages are no where near a skill level that isn't micky taking xP
I have no idea what to do about Cambridge open days :tongue: So much information :emo:
I have no idea what to do about Cambridge open days :tongue: So much information :emo:

pick one and we will all attend :colonhash:

though that's unlikely :colondollar:

Latest