The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

History mock went rather well :biggrin: :h:
Now just to destroy my 4 exams in the summer and get A grades! (and finish my media coursework :eek: )
Original post by techno836
I just read that this year if your UKCAT was 700+ you got interviewed but then some got like 714 and got offers without interview, so they think next year that'll be how it's done next year :s-smilie:

I think my interview will be by strongest point though, would be nice to not have the stress! I'm not too confident about my GCSEs but hey ho! I should be able to get star star a a a2 hopefully!
Original post by Spacey368
History mock went rather well :biggrin: :h:
Now just to destroy my 4 exams in the summer and get A grades! (and finish my media coursework :eek: )
... and my photography exam project.

I won't at this rate :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
Diss Sixth Form and Physics, you?

Sir Isaac Newton norwich and medicine biomedical sciences etc!!!! Fingers crossed! You'll be hard pushed to find physics in norfolk other than maybe seething observatory!
Reply 8884
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I think my interview will be by strongest point though, would be nice to not have the stress! I'm not too confident about my GCSEs but hey ho! I should be able to get star star a a a2 hopefully!

That's what i'm hoping for at A2 (if i do take 4 A2's i'm unsure :smile: )

I'm just struggling on PS because i haven't got clinical experience yet :s-smilie:
Sir Isaac Newton norwich and medicine biomedical sciences etc!!!! Fingers crossed! You'll be hard pushed to find physics in norfolk other than maybe seething observatory!

I'm down with most science/engineering, so I'll be cool with it.

My friends and everyone else who knows me refuse to believe I might not get a place :moon:
That's what i'm hoping for at A2 (if i do take 4 A2's i'm unsure :smile: )

I'm just struggling on PS because i haven't got clinical experience yet :s-smilie:

It's very hard I've emailed 40+ addresses and should have two weeks in summer that's surgical based! And I've got pharmacy on Tuesday! Just email email email!
I'm down with most science/engineering, so I'll be cool with it.

My friends and everyone else who knows me refuse to believe I might not get a place :moon:

I'm sure we'll be fine but they do have around seven applications per place! Do let me know how you get on
I'm sure we'll be fine but they do have around seven applications per place! Do let me know how you get on

I do wonder if it would be possible for them to go a bit further than Norfolk for placements if there aren't m/any physics related, though I suppose that might infringe on the placements of people in other counties.
I do wonder if it would be possible for them to go a bit further than Norfolk for placements if there aren't m/any physics related, though I suppose that might infringe on the placements of people in other counties.

Mmm it does seem strange, the uk as a whole isn't very physics renowned, the USA would be a great place to go
the uk as a whole isn't very physics renowned,

Interesting thought. I saw a 3-part documentary a little while back about physics through time, and Britain's role in discovering stuff since Newton. It gave me the impression we were pretty physic-y as a country, science-y in general.

It was with Brian Cox, if anyone remembers it.
Mmm it does seem strange, the uk as a whole isn't very physics renowned, the USA would be a great place to go

Mhm I'm not bothered by either the whole or renown (although there are plenty of institutions in the UK known for physics). There are places for physics.
Reply 8892
It's very hard I've emailed 40+ addresses and should have two weeks in summer that's surgical based! And I've got pharmacy on Tuesday! Just email email email!

I have then i got sent a load of forms and i sent them back and haven't heard anything -.-
I have then i got sent a load of forms and i sent them back and haven't heard anything -.-

That sucks balls! Just drop them a gentle email based reminder! Doesn't hurt to come across as keen, o ring them!
9099 :redface: my return will see mark II :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Mhm I'm not bothered by either the whole or renown (although there are plenty of institutions in the UK known for physics). There are places for physics.

Don't get me wrong we're not bad but any science based work experience is a huge challenge to get, try getting it for medicine you have patient confidentiality to deal with as well!
Reply 8896
That sucks balls! Just drop them a gentle email based reminder! Doesn't hurt to come across as keen, o ring them!

i rang them to start with and they just gave me their email address :rolleyes: i need to re-scan something in and email it anyway as i missed a signature, so i'll do that on Monday :smile: (maybe its good they haven't replied yet)
Reply 8897
Original post by tara8000
9099 :redface: my return will see mark II :biggrin:

I didn't even notice :O

i can't be top poster now :frown:

EDIT: 2nd ... 69 off the pace i think I just looked and can't remember :facepalm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8898
Any news on the EPQ front??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NikolaT
Interesting thought. I saw a 3-part documentary a little while back about physics through time, and Britain's role in discovering stuff since Newton. It gave me the impression we were pretty physic-y as a country, science-y in general.

It was with Brian Cox, if anyone remembers it.

I do I do!0, now you mention it, all I'm saying is work exp will be ver hard to track down! STEPHEN HAWKINS IS BASED AT CAMBRIDGE ********feints**********

Latest