The Student Room Group

Cambridge MPhil Finance Entry 2014

Hi,

has anybody already received an offer / rejection / waiting list decision for the course? When do you expect a reply?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by casusa
When did you apply and what is the status of your application? :smile:

Under consideration at department. What about you?
Reply 2
I applied early January (quite late I know), and my status is "under consideration by department". Has anyone's status changed yet?
Reply 3
Original post by casusa
My last reference uploaded his reference yesterday, so I am still awaiting consideration by the department. :smile:

I have a feeling we want hear much form JBS before March or April :s-smilie:

I think people started hearing back around end of February. I hope it's true for this year as well. As far as I know JBS accepts outstanding candidates directly and the rest is put on hold and will be informed about a decision in April or so. The problem is you don't know whether you have been already put on hold or whether they haven't checked your app yet.
Reply 4
My last reference has been uploaded in mid-December.
Reply 5
You guys did read the FAQs on the JBS site, right?

When will I hear if my application has been successful?
You should not expect to hear about the outcome of your application before the end of March.

http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/research-mphils-phd/mphil-finance/faqs/
Reply 6

I don't see why it takes that long. The waiting is killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by makesure
I don't see why it takes that long. The waiting is killing me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The application deadline is 1 March, right? Given how competitive this course is I assume they want all applications in hand before making final decisions for most applicants. The best and worst have probably heard already but the vast majority will be waiting.
Reply 8
What they write is not always true. They begun to consider applications in 2 week of January and first decisions have been made by 24 of this month. I was given my offer at the end of January. Till now I have been allocated a college. I applied at the begiinning of October. My case was simplier because in the last year I was also accepted,however, due to health concerns i was forced to resign and apply once again. From the last year I know to which person write in order to get the detailed information
Reply 9
Original post by kobak3
What they write is not always true. They begun to consider applications in 2 week of January and first decisions have been made by 24 of this month. I was given my offer at the end of January. Till now I have been allocated a college. I applied at the begiinning of October. My case was simplier because in the last year I was also accepted,however, due to health concerns i was forced to resign and apply once again. From the last year I know to which person write in order to get the detailed information

As I said - the best and worst have probably heard already :smile: There will always be some easy decisions to accept and reject.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Did anybody already receive an offer/rejection who applied in December?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Status: Your application has been sent to the Degree Committee for consideration.

Status changed today. Applied very early.
Reply 12
Original post by chest
Status: Your application has been sent to the Degree Committee for consideration.

Status changed today. Applied very early.

Yeh my status has changed today too. Any idea what it means, if anything?
Reply 13
There seems to be very little information on what it actually means. but from this document it seems to imply the department recommended us: http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/programmes/mphil/process_chart1.pdf
Reply 14
Original post by chest
There seems to be very little information on what it actually means. but from this document it seems to imply the department recommended us: http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/programmes/mphil/process_chart1.pdf

suppose it can only be a good thing. mind sharing your profile?
Reply 15
Applied early december. No status changes :frown:

Still: "Under Consideration by Department"

Mind sharing your profile scowers91?
Reply 16
I have applied fairly early (December) but haven't heard anything.

Will not go probably as my aim is a PhD and the programme does not seem that good in terms of economics.
Reply 17
Yeh sure

BSc Economics student at top 20 UK uni. My overall grade is ranked in top 1%

GMAT-730

Summer internship at well-known bank

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by scowers91
suppose it can only be a good thing. mind sharing your profile?

Sure-
Top of class past 2 years, Econ at top 10 uk university (80%+ avg)
no GMAT/GRE
Reply 19
Original post by scowers91
Yeh sure

BSc Economics student at top 20 UK uni. My overall grade is ranked in top 1%

GMAT-730

Summer internship at well-known bank

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you apply? Right it seems like they go trough the apps in chronological order and haven't yet reached the apps submitted in December and later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending